Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

The one and only legal cannabis thread

Old 04-21-19, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The one and only legal cannabis thread

Netflix Canada added two weed related documentaries on 4/20, enjoy!

Grass Is Greener

Weed the People

Old 04-21-19, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Good article:

The next frontier for cannabis vapes: mood-specific formulas

Your next oil cartridge might promise more than welding you to the couch.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/20/...annabis-vapes/
Old 04-26-19, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting, I would love if they could crack the code for this. Recently, I've been enjoying weed with a lower THC percentage and an approximately equal percentage of CBD, I find it a lot "smoother" experience (not sure if that's the right way to describe it).
Old 04-26-19, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, I'm finally trying my tincture, I put a teaspoon of it in a glass of cola. Excentris, I don't taste alcohol in it at all, the drink has a slightly weird smell and taste, but not an alcohol one. Edibles have been wildly inconsistent for me, so we'll see what happens. I'll be sure to report back with the results. Hopefully I don't die.
Old 04-28-19, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

some stuff worth reading:

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/hash-hot...egal-1.1249339

https://bit.ly/2XQGcRW
Old 05-09-19, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kind of related, Denver just decriminalized 'shrooms (by a razor thin margin vote), the first place in the US to do so. The laws regarding these in Canada are kind of weird, it's legal to buy spores and grow kits, but illegal to actually grow and consume them. But if you buy a kit and keep the results to yourself, you should never have a problem. I've never tried, but am curious on the studies they are doing regarding microdosing them to help with mental health. I'm not sure if I'm ready for a full blown trip, but microdosing sounds intriguing.
Old 05-09-19, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
The laws regarding these in Canada are kind of weird, it's legal to buy spores and grow kits,
Hmmm ... do they sell those online?
Old 05-09-19, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Hmmm ... do they sell those online?
Yeah, I believe so. I do know of a couple "grey market" sites that illegally sell the mushrooms themselves (just like the MOMs that have been selling illegal weed by mail here in Canada for years), but I'm not sure what the sites are that sell grow kits legally up here. I'll see what I can find out, apparently they are much easier to grow than pot, it's basically a box you get set up and just put in a dark closet for awhile until you get mushrooms. I'd just be worried that I'd have no idea how much to take at one time.
Old 05-09-19, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Way back, I had a magic mushroom omelette in Bali and I went on a bad trip for 2 days. I never touched the stuff again. The funny thing is that this was in an actual restaurant, you just had to go tell the cook what you wanted a day in advance. Wacky.
Old 06-07-19, 07:18 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

What is generally considered a good percentage of THC for a good strain? Anyone try Platinum Kush?
Old 06-07-19, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Define "good percentage"? If by that you mean strong, then that would be 18%+ THC and according to Leafly:

Platinum Kush is an indica-dominant strain that takes on a platinum-silver shade due to its thick coat of crystal resin. With purple hues and bright orange hairs, its buds grow dense with a sweet fruity and hashy aroma. Its THC content can measure up to about 18%

Here's high THC strains:

https://greencamp.com/highest-thc-strains/
Old 06-07-19, 08:32 PM

Ok. Cool. So 18 pretty good.
Old 06-08-19, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thc amount doesn't necessarily mean more = good and less = bad. i've had more fun with stuff in the 5-10% range than some of the strains with more thc. i would use leafly to look more at the experience/feelings of a strain than thc amount. i also wouldn't buy booze based solely on whatever is the highest percentage.
Old 06-08-19, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh! Almost forgot, I signed up for one of those monthly curated boxes full of junk from hemper.co last month. You can see what's in the box before you order it, but basically every month it's a different bong, and a bunch of other random crap, like ashtrays, rolling papers, etc ... All for $29 plus shipping. So I had to order May's box because the bong was so frickin cute:

But also, the big surprise out of the box was this thing called the Doolie:

I stuck 2 joints in this thing and smoked a bit, holy crap, I got TORE UP! It was a blast

Anyway, I cancelled my subscription right after that first month, because who needs a different bong every month? Kind of a cool idea though!
Old 06-08-19, 06:41 PM

^ fuck that looks awesome.
Old 06-11-19, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The stupidest thing happened yesterday. I used to use a plastic bag/isopropyl alcool to clean glass stems, but now I use a mason jar filled with Grunge Off (pricey, but much more effective, and re-usable). I'd started using my e-nano again and it was the first time I put that stem in that jar. Well it sinks to the bottom sideways and lodges itself tightly against the sides of the jar. So that stem is a tad longer than the ones I use for the Solo 2 and seems to have been designed as a perfect fit for that jar. So fucking perfect that no amount of trying to get it out worked:

Tried everything, soak in hot water, soap, WD40, and pulling a small cord/strap which I managed to slide under the slightly elevated "fat end". Nope. So I thought, I'm putting this in a bag (or two) and I'm gonna smash that jar with a hammer. Might work, might break everything so last resort... Then I went on and Googled how to cut a bottle/jar in two and found this:

First method: String, isopropyl alcohol, candle, container with cold water/ice. Did it in the bathtub and holy crap, it worked!
Old 06-11-19, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Essentially, the whole bottom came off and my stem is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Old 06-13-19, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Chinese tombs yield earliest evidence of cannabis use

Researchers have uncovered the earliest known evidence of cannabis use, from tombs in western China.

The study suggests cannabis was being smoked at least 2,500 years ago, and that it may have been associated with ritual or religious activities.

Traces of the drug were identified in wooden burners from the burials.

The cannabis had high levels of the psychoactive compound THC, suggesting people at the time were well aware of its effects.

Cannabis plants have been cultivated in East Asia for their oily seeds and fibre from at least 4,000 BC.

But the early cultivated varieties of cannabis, as well as most wild populations, had low levels of THC and other psychoactive compounds.

The burners, or braziers, were found at Jirzankal Cemetery, high up in the Pamir Mountains.

The scientists think ancient people put cannabis leaves and hot stones in the braziers and inhaled the resulting smoke.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-48624784
Old 06-14-19, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Cannabis edibles expected to hit Canadian shelves mid-December

A “limited selection” of next-generation cannabis products such as edibles will “gradually” hit retail shelves no earlier than mid-December 2019, Health Canada says.

The Ottawa-based agency on Friday released details of the final version of its regulations governing these pot products, including topicals and extracts, and indicated the rules will come into force on Oct. 17.

READ MORE: Canada’s cannabis edibles, topicals market could be worth $2.7B a year after legalization: study

However, Health Canada noted that after the law takes effect, federal cannabis licence holders must provide 60 days notice to Health Canada of their intent to sell new products.

That means that these new pot products won’t be available for legal sale until Dec. 17 at the earliest.

“As with any new regulatory framework, federally licensed processors will need time to become familiar with and prepare to comply with the new rules and to produce new products,” Health Canada said in a statement.

“Provincially or territorially authorized distributors and retailers will also need time to purchase and obtain the new products and make them available for sale.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/5391103/c...-mid-december/
Old 06-16-19, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, December 17th is my birthday. I know what kind of present I'm buying for myself.
Old 06-17-19, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

50 packages of 10mg candies so you can have some fun?
Old 06-17-19, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Are Canadians going to have limits on edible doses like we do in California?
Old 06-17-19, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nosebleed View Post
50 packages of 10mg candies so you can have some fun?
Happy birthday to me!

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Are Canadians going to have limits on edible doses like we do in California?
It's Canada, so yes unfortunately, the "nanny state" will be in full effect here as usual. I believe the limit will be 10 mg per "single serving" (not sure how the "serving" will be determined),
Old 06-17-19, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
It's Canada, so yes unfortunately, the "nanny state" will be in full effect here as usual. I believe the limit will be 10 mg per "single serving" (not sure how the "serving" will be determined),
It sucks, because that raises prices a shit ton. Before those regulations, you could get a 1000mg brownie for around $40-$45. Now to get 1000mg you'd have to buy 10 100mg packages at, $20ish each. So ... $200
Old 06-17-19, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I fully expect to be gouged by the prices when they finally go on sale here. I should probably learn how to properly make them myself to the point where they have somewhat of a consistent strength, it will be cheaper (especially if I can bum some weed off a friend of mine who is growing some this summer).

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.