DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 01-22-16, 11:34 AM   #101
DVD Talk God

Re: The one and only legal cannabis thread

https://i.imgur.com/LTnyHtc.gifv
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-23-16, 08:47 AM   #102
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am not one to criticize others for wanting to do it, as long as it isn't excessive (like my late father in law) but as for me, I have had enough of it. Went back home for my grandmothers funeral and my brother in law (other side of the family) wanting someone to smoke with, had me join him all weekend. It literally took me two weeks to get over that, I was in a haze because other than college, my pot smoking has been very sporadic. I like having a clear head at my age.
Old 01-23-16, 11:38 AM   #103
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb73 View Post
I am not one to criticize others for wanting to do it, as long as it isn't excessive (like my late father in law) but as for me, I have had enough of it. Went back home for my grandmothers funeral and my brother in law (other side of the family) wanting someone to smoke with, had me join him all weekend. It literally took me two weeks to get over that, I was in a haze because other than college, my pot smoking has been very sporadic. I like having a clear head at my age.
yawn.
Old 01-24-16, 01:23 PM   #104
DVD Talk Legend

So those that use a vaporizer which takes flower - do you keep your used bud? I had been keeping mine for a long time, and just gave 1.25oz to a buddies wife to make some baked goods from. Well, we really underestimated the potency of the used herb - and those two were flying after a brownie the other night. I cut the dose down by 1/4 last night, and was having a very good time!
Old 01-24-16, 02:20 PM   #105
DVD Talk God

No shit? That doesn't speak well to the vaporizer's ability to get it all out. Well, I suppose the correct question is what vape do you use and how long do you use it? I'll pack the PAX or the Ascent pretty tight and smoke the PAX until it is dark, dark brown and no vapor can be seen in the exhale. For the Ascent, it turns off on some preset timer. Probably 10 minutes or so. I smoke that constantly until the temp starts to go down on its own. And it doesn't look anything but real brown.

So do you just take a few hits and call it good?
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-24-16, 03:42 PM   #106
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll vape until it's brown or notice weak hits and then toss it. I'm not really big on edibles, so don't have much use for the leftovers.
Old 01-24-16, 03:44 PM   #107
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
No shit? That doesn't speak well to the vaporizer's ability to get it all out. Well, I suppose the correct question is what vape do you use and how long do you use it? I'll pack the PAX or the Ascent pretty tight and smoke the PAX until it is dark, dark brown and no vapor can be seen in the exhale. For the Ascent, it turns off on some preset timer. Probably 10 minutes or so. I smoke that constantly until the temp starts to go down on its own. And it doesn't look anything but real brown.

So do you just take a few hits and call it good?
Well, once it became a legal I got a lot more loose with my "it's cashed" calls because I love the early PAX hits where it's all flavor. I generally will get two nights out of an oven. First night, I only smoke it on the lowest level, with a stir. The 2nd night is a stir, and then I take it up to lvl 2 (I rarely go Lvl3. The herb gets quite dark after that session (think, light roast coffee).

The temperatures of the PAX are Yellow, or low = 370° F (188° C) Orange, or medium = 390° F (199° C) Red, or high = 410° F (210° C)... and here's a chart of when the chemicals burn off.

There's a whole subreddit dedicated to already vaped bud... /r/avb
Old 01-24-16, 04:06 PM   #108
Inane Thread Master

isn't vaped bud like ash from a cig?
Old 01-24-16, 04:11 PM   #109
DVD Talk God

Wow, that is awesome information. My PAX is set to high and my Ascent is at 400. Apparently I need to set them lower because of the Benzene. No problem in a bong, given that the temps are so much higher and benzene is water soluble.

― Carl Sagan
Old 01-24-16, 04:47 PM   #110
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I start my Mighty out at ~365 F and bump it up to ~380 F for the final hits. Those temps seem to work great.
Old 01-24-16, 05:52 PM   #111
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
isn't vaped bud like ash from a cig?
No. There's no combustion with a vaporizer.

For some comparison, here are the temperatures of a cigarette.

Quote:
Temperature without drawing:
Side of the lit portion: 400 deg C (or 752 deg F)
Middle of the lit portion: 580 deg C (or 1112 deg F)

Temperature during drawing:
Middle of the lit portion: 700 deg C (or 1292 deg F)
http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae1.cfm
Old 01-25-16, 01:52 PM   #112
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wish there was more published research into the benefits/risks of vaping marijuana vs. smoking.

Intuition and the Internet says it's healthier, but I'd like to read what the eggheads have to say.
Old 01-25-16, 02:01 PM   #113
DVD Talk God

Well, because of how dangerous weed is, our government took the safe bet and didn't allow much research.

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-01-16, 07:26 PM   #114
DVD Talk God

http://www.livescience.com/53550-mar...al-memory.html

A little PSA that years of smoking may effect your verbal memory. The meat of it....

Quote:
For every five years of marijuana use, researchers found that, on average, one out of two people remembered one word fewer from a list of 15 words, according to the study.

Long-term use was not, however, significantly associated with decreases in other measures of cognitive function, such as processing speed or executive function, the researchers wrote in the study,
Don't worry, though, we can learn to fake our way through society. As Steve Martin once said, "Some people have a way with words, and other people.....uh, not have way, I suppose."

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-01-16, 10:14 PM   #115
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:

A little PSA that years of smoking may effect your verbal memory. The meat of it....

Don't worry, though, we can learn to fake our way through society. As Steve Martin once said, "Some people have a way with words, and other people.....uh, not have way, I suppose."
So people who start out intelligent stay more smarter then the not smrt peeple.
Old 02-02-16, 10:37 AM   #116
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I prefer to think I'm not so much forgetting, but culling unnecessary words out of my vocabulary. I'm becoming more efficient as I get older.
Old 02-02-16, 10:44 AM   #117
DVD Talk God

Legal Marijuana Sales Projected to Reach $6.7 Billion in 2016

Assuming WA is about a third of that, it would mean about a billion in tax revenue.

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-02-16, 01:27 PM   #118
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Legal Marijuana Sales Projected to Reach $6.7 Billion in 2016

Assuming WA is about a third of that, it would mean about a billion in tax revenue.
Me to the rest of the country:

Updated! My 2016 October Horror Movie Challenge compilation video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMlgp-OTM&t
Old 02-03-16, 11:07 AM   #119
DVD Talk God

http://www.denverpost.com/business/c...m_content=link

More money spent on legal weed than on Cheetos, Doritos.

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-03-16, 11:13 AM   #120
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wasn't someone here talking about using ice in their bong? I just found this thing, and was thinking about picking it up ... thoughts? It's like $90, so I'm a little apprehensive

Old 02-03-16, 11:50 AM   #121
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:

well fuck me

"we get paid for butt time" - mosquitobite

"It felt much more comfortable when I was trying them on. No sharp edge poking my skin." - Buford T. Pusser
Old 02-03-16, 12:34 PM   #122
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Well, that's shitty news for me. Half the time I sound like an idiot when I talk ... this isn't going to help.

But is this really a surprise to anyone? Smoking a lot of pot fucks with your memory. No shit.
Old 02-03-16, 01:47 PM   #123
DVD Talk Legend

Here's an article about how marijuana use might negatively affect your memory:

Updated! My 2016 October Horror Movie Challenge compilation video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zMlgp-OTM&t
Old 02-03-16, 06:44 PM   #124
DVD Talk God

― Carl Sagan
Old 02-03-16, 06:47 PM   #125
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
Wasn't someone here talking about using ice in their bong? I just found this thing, and was thinking about picking it up ... thoughts? It's like $90, so I'm a little apprehensive

I've seen them and heard great reviews in terms of use, but it is more of a novelty thing unless you want to wear a glove most of the time.

I was real close to buying one because I geek out on shit like that. But, before you buy that, let me re-recommend getting a cheap snow cone machine on Amazon and just fill that fucker up with snow. It's seriously amazing.

― Carl Sagan