Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

The one and only legal cannabis thread

Old 01-31-19, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The one and only legal cannabis thread

Yep, the thing to remember with edibles is that you can always take more but if you take too much at the beginning, you can't do anything except strap in and enjoy (or not) the ride.
Old 01-31-19, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

A "normal" dose is 10mg. A bag of Cara-Melt will say 80mg and there are 8 "doses". Usually the same with gummies. If you buy something you need to cut, just cut into 10mg doses (100mg chocolate bar? cut in 10 pieces). If you're a newb, you can start with half (5mg) wait at least an hour and take the other half if you don't feel anything.

Here's a chart but edibles are tricky because not everybody has the same reaction.

The article is worth reading:

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis...ge-guide-chart
Old 01-31-19, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Oh, I’ll be very conservative with the dosing. As I’ve said before certain strains seem to screw with my equilibrium to the point of nausea and vomiting. So I’m alway cautious with new stuff.
Frankly I might not get a chance to check out a dispensary after all. My brother in law is active military and has already told me I’d be on my own for that. He can’t afford to risk being seen at one.
Old 02-01-19, 09:11 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

do you ever mix strains? what are effects, if any? like Sour and Bubba Kush, for instance...
Old 02-02-19, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
do you ever mix strains? what are effects, if any? like Sour and Bubba Kush, for instance...
Me? No. Iím in Alabama, the last place itíll ever be legal in. Itís very rare that I smoke, and when I do itís just a ďweed is weedĒ kinda thing when I ask. The best I can do is guess btwn sativa and indica based on how it affects me. My theory right now is that itís indica that fucks with me, but Iím not in a good position to really test that.

And I work in a hospital that does random drug tests, so I have to be careful that when I do smoke itís rare and at the beginning of several days off.
Old 02-12-19, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Cannabis smoker finds tiger in abandoned house in Texas
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47210466

"Police in Houston, Texas, said that when the person called to report what they had seen on Monday, they thought the caller was hallucinating."

No shit. I would have loved to hear that conversation.
Old 02-14-19, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've never been a user, but does anyone have any experience with CBD? I see the shops everywhere and Im just curious for help with anxiety after my meds run out.
Old 02-14-19, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

CBD won't do much for anxiety; it's more for physical pain relief. THC can help quite a bit depending on your situation.
Old 02-14-19, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well weed isn't legal in Kansas and don't know if I could ever try it. I just see the CBD shops everywhere and hear a lot about the benefits.
Old 02-14-19, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, CBD does work wonders for some. I wouldn't say don't try it but I haven't heard of it doing much for anxiety. If you wake up with a soar back, it's great!
Old 02-14-19, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought a 1:1 THC/CBD strain (mango haze) last week as I've never had anything with CBD before (other than trace amounts). It just felt like weak pot (which it was because the THC was less than I usually have) and didn't do much for me. I'm trying to find a daytime strain because everything I try just puts me on the couch, and I don't want that during the day! I've yet to have anything that gives me an energetic focused high, no sativa has done that for me so far, so I thought adding some CBD might do the trick. Nope!
Old 02-14-19, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For daytime, I assume you tried all the usual suspects: Durban Poison, Sour Diesel, Green Crack, etc...? Googling "daytime strains" will give you a bunch more but I assume you already did that.
Old 02-14-19, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Heh, I've tried a bunch, but not those ones yet. So far, Ghost Train Haze has been the closest to what I was looking for but still far from what I hoping to get with a sativa. I don't want to feel groggy all day, I want the effects that many people report after using sativas. But then again, everyone's cannabinoid receptors are wired differently, so I guess my mileage may vary. I'm still trying though, every time I place an order I try including a gram of some sativa that I haven't had yet. Fingers crossed! On the other hand, at least I don't experience the anxiety that many report, but everything has caused various degrees of grogginess and tiredness, which is great at night, but definitely not during the day.

OTOH, I don't want to end up being a "wake and bake" kind of guy, so maybe it's for the best that I can only partake at night.
Old 03-12-19, 04:50 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

i might have asked this before and apologize if i did, but can you build an immunity to marijuana with habitual use where it barely affects you for very long anymore?
Old 03-12-19, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes you can build tolerance if you're a heavy user, which means you'll get to a point where you'll have to consume more to have the same effect. "T-breaks" (a couple of weeks off) will flush your system of THC and reset your tolerance.

I don't think vaping a couple of bowls a day will ever get you to that point though. At least, so far, not in my case.

Here's how this works:

https://www.leafly.com/news/science-...ork-so-quickly
Old 03-12-19, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, heavy users often need to take "T-breaks" (I've heard anything from a week to a month normally), but it does apparently work for them. I'm a lightweight, I just vape one bowl at night, so my tolerance is still very low. I've heard that using high THC percentage concentrates like shatter can really mess with your tolerance though (especially if you try going back to just flower after using shatter regularly). I only use that very occasionally though.
Old 03-12-19, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One thing I've noticed that helps me when it starts to get hard for me to get as high, is to switch to a different type of THC delivery method. I usually only vape, but if I take a break from vaping, and smoke actual flower, it will hit me like a ton of bricks, where as vaping barely makes me even goofy anymore.
Old 03-12-19, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good point, I very rarely smoke it (too hard on my lungs) but the odd time that I do, oh boy! I find that regularly switching out different strains can help keep the ol' cannabinoid receptors on their toes too.
Old 03-12-19, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
I've heard that using high THC percentage concentrates like shatter can really mess with your tolerance though (especially if you try going back to just flower after using shatter regularly). I only use that very occasionally though.
My limited experience with concentrates is that you reach a point where you can't really get any higher, so your brain goes "sorry receptors full, come back tomorrow". So if you spend your days consuming concentrates you're just wasting your money. It's like pissing away multi-vitamins.

I usually mix a bit of concentrates with flower in my "late evening bowl" just to give it a little kick. And I really didn't notice any difference between using wax, moonrocks, live resin or THCA "diamonds" ranging from maybe 40% to 99% THC. So now, I don't see the point of buying 99% THCA at $60/g when the "kick" I get from wax or live rosin is the same at half the price.
Old 03-12-19, 09:14 PM

I was in downtown Hollywood today and got to visit a despensary for the first time. I felt like Alice in Wonderland! It’s seriously surreal going from Alabama to that.
Old 03-13-19, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo View Post
I was in downtown Hollywood today and got to visit a despensary for the first time. I felt like Alice in Wonderland! Itís seriously surreal going from Alabama to that.
I live in TX and I'm heading out to Vegas next week! Can't wait to visit some of those places out there myself! LOL
Old 03-13-19, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
i might have asked this before and apologize if i did, but can you build an immunity to marijuana with habitual use where it barely affects you for very long anymore?
It's no different than alcohol in that regard. Yes, you can build up a tolerance.
Old 03-13-19, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

OT: I was high last night and I found some metal for cultshock

"ya can't play a metal solo on an accordeon!"
"hold my tractor..."

Last edited by eXcentris; 03-13-19 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-13-19, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
I live in TX and I'm heading out to Vegas next week! Can't wait to visit some of those places out there myself! LOL
Enjoy!
I bought a pack of gummies, it was 20 gummies in a tin, 5mg THC per gummy, so 100mg total. The girl that sold it to me told me that 100mg would be a standard adult dose (that still seems too high), but I know my body is super sensitive to it as I have posted about before. I took 20mg the first time and was ripped. Second time I took 10mg and it was a perfect dose.
Old 03-13-19, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
OT: I was high last night and I found some metal for cultshock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Ao-iNPPUc

"ya can't play a metal solo on an accordeon!"
"hold my tractor..."
Thanks man, that was interesting.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.