DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-25-17, 06:20 PM   #801
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The one and only legal cannabis thread

I'm super sensitive to edibles. That "11-Hydroxy-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol" is a motherfucker!
Old 08-27-17, 12:03 AM   #802
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
OK, I've read that some people who vape keep the leftovers and use them to make edibles, because apparently vaping doesn't get out all the THC, so they can be used for baking. So I've started to save my vaped flower to hopefully "reclaim" it. Anyone have any decent recipes? And I have no idea how much of this stuff I should add at one time.
I gave an ounce to a friend once, they cooked a tray of brownies with it. One normal sized brownie each took down two grown ass people to the point where they texted me and said "I think we need help." - these people have 3 dabs in the morning before showering to get going and I'm talking 7 days a week. I cut the brownies into 1/3s and that became a manageable dose. Try eating about a tablespoon or so in peanut butter to test your stash. Buyer beware.

Vaping decarbs the weed very very well.
Old 08-27-17, 11:16 AM   #803
Somewhat Banned

Thanks for the advice! Please be patient with my ignorance on the subject, but when you say try eating some mixed with peanut butter, I don't need to cook or heat up anything because the weed has already been decarbed?
Old 08-27-17, 12:21 PM   #804
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got the Dr Dabber Light yesterday, and gave it a try. It worked great! It's actually tiny, smaller than my normal vape pen. Now that I've used it though, it kind of is a bummer ... it's so small that it's great to carry around ... except you also have to carry around a container of wax and a dab tool. If they had made it a bit larger, with built in storage for wax and a tool, that'd be ideal. So it's great for using at home, but not something I would ever take to the bar.
Old 08-27-17, 12:59 PM   #805
Inane Thread Master

g-d i smoke shit...
Old 08-27-17, 01:42 PM   #806
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
I don't need to cook or heat up anything because the weed has already been decarbed?
Exactly right. You just want to eat it with something fatty, as thc is fat soluble.
Old 08-27-17, 01:47 PM   #807
Somewhat Banned

Awesome, thanks for the help! Man, I just wish I started saving the stuff earlier.
Old 08-27-17, 04:01 PM   #808
DVD Talk Hero

From what I've read, most people cook it not because they have to, but because non-cooked AVB tastes like shit.
Old 08-27-17, 05:49 PM   #809
DVD Talk Hero

Apparently, this "Magical Butter Machine" is popular with those who make edibles:

https://www.amazon.com/Magical-Butte...b5e7c96815fdd1
Old 08-28-17, 09:30 AM   #810
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
No prob, it's dopemail, I found them on the reddit link you posted. Seems to be well liked there, I've only tried one order so far but had great service!
Just chiming in to say I tried them last week and had no issues from BC to ON.
Old 09-09-17, 12:54 AM   #811
DVD Talk Hero

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06Y6FNGLP
Old 09-09-17, 02:32 AM   #812
Somewhat Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
Apparently, this "Magical Butter Machine" is popular with those who make edibles:

https://www.amazon.com/Magical-Butte...b5e7c96815fdd1
Ohhh, that looks interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosebleed View Post
Just chiming in to say I tried them last week and had no issues from BC to ON.
Cool! I just placed my second order with them yesterday, package on the way!

And I finally tried some of my AVB/ABV (damn stoners can't make a decision and agree on an acronym! ) I mixed a teaspoon in with a bowl of ice cream. It was a slow ramp up (as it is with edibles) but after a few hours I was really stoned. And this was the stuff I used to throw away after vaping, oy!
Old 09-13-17, 11:15 PM   #813
DVD Talk Legend

My growing season is done. Did 70 and 90 day autoflowering strains in early June, harvested and dried the last of it this weekend. Small plants, but very good quality bud. Ended up with ~1oz per plant of some nice stinky bud. Gave some to a coworker and her husband, she reported back with "I've not been that giggly in ages."

Will definitely do auto flower again - it's nice having smaller plants that ripen quickly before the rains come. No bud rot, no mold issues. While Im smoking mine, buddies are starting to stress as the fall season shows up and they have 3-6 weeks left of flowing time.
Old 09-14-17, 03:36 AM   #814
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Ohhh, that looks interesting!

Cool! I just placed my second order with them yesterday, package on the way!

And I finally tried some of my AVB/ABV (damn stoners can't make a decision and agree on an acronym! ) I mixed a teaspoon in with a bowl of ice cream. It was a slow ramp up (as it is with edibles) but after a few hours I was really stoned. And this was the stuff I used to throw away after vaping, oy!
What, you just scooped the vaped weed out of the vaporizer and mixed it with ice cream and ate it?
Old 09-14-17, 09:10 AM   #815
Somewhat Banned

Quote:
What, you just scooped the vaped weed out of the vaporizer and mixed it with ice cream and ate it?
Yes (I'd been saving it in a baggie), and holy shit that stuff was potent! I ate it around 10pm, was good and stoned within a couple hours, and when I woke up the next morning I was still stoned until that afternoon! So this isn't exactly something I'd try again (at least at that dosage) unless I had nothing going on the following day. Next time I'm going to try half a teaspoon, I need to figure out how much is not too much before I start using it regularly in edibles.
Old 09-14-17, 08:40 PM   #816
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Yes (I'd been saving it in a baggie), and holy shit that stuff was potent! I ate it around 10pm, was good and stoned within a couple hours, and when I woke up the next morning I was still stoned until that afternoon! So this isn't exactly something I'd try again (at least at that dosage) unless I had nothing going on the following day. Next time I'm going to try half a teaspoon, I need to figure out how much is not too much before I start using it regularly in edibles.
Interesting, thanks for the tip! And to think, all this time, I've been tossing it all in the trash. I had a similar experience with the tincture from DM. I woke up the next day still feeling it.
Old 09-14-17, 10:38 PM   #817
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So my shop convinced me to try a new brand of concentrate they had on sale plus I had $20 store credit. So I said what the hell.
Hooked me up with 1gm of HY Extracts Jack Herer and HOLE E FUCK! did I get high as fuck! I took one hit off my vape and I was stoned for hours. This shit is potent man. I'm actually scared to take another hit

I like my cheap FlavRX carts but there is a major difference between the two.
Old 09-15-17, 07:38 PM   #818
Somewhat Banned

Quote:
Interesting, thanks for the tip! And to think, all this time, I've been tossing it all in the trash. I had a similar experience with the tincture from DM. I woke up the next day still feeling it.
I know, I can't believe I'd been throwing it away all this time! Good luck with trying it out, I'll be giving it another shot tonight but with a bit less this time. I've been curious about tinctures but haven't tried them yet. I've heard that it hits faster but doesn't last as long as edibles, I shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
Hooked me up with 1gm of HY Extracts Jack Herer and HOLE E FUCK! did I get high as fuck! I took one hit off my vape and I was stoned for hours. This shit is potent man. I'm actually scared to take another hit
Hmmm, I'll have to keep my eyes open for this one!
Old 09-15-17, 10:55 PM   #819
DVD Talk Legend

Lotsa dopers in here (not that there's anything wrong with that).
"Another day, another dolour." -Me
Old 09-18-17, 08:37 PM   #820
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Hmmm, I'll have to keep my eyes open for this one!
Old 09-19-17, 08:45 PM   #821
Somewhat Banned

Hmmm, I don't think I can get these in Canada.

Anyway, arrgh, edibles are so unpredictable! As planned, I tried maybe a 3/4 teaspoon of ABV mixed with ice cream on Friday night, aaaaand nothing! Trying to figure out the trick with this, I tried slightly more Saturday night, and got damn high. Woke up the next morning, still high, right into the afternoon. I had an errand to run late Sunday morning and cancelled, I was that worried about driving in my condition. Holy crap, I'm just trying to find a happy medium between what happened on Friday and Saturday/Sunday. I can't believe how much this can range, based on your metabolism, digestive system, who knows what kind of variables are involved! At least with vaping I know exactly what I am getting into.
Old 09-20-17, 10:35 AM   #822
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's why I stick with edibles made by reputable companies. Chocolates, or brownies, anything that you know the pot is baked into it. Gummies are usually just rolled around in pot dust, and can vary in strength wildly. My brownie go to brands are Kaneh and Korova. Always hella strong, and dependable dosing.
Old 09-28-17, 11:28 PM   #823
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think I made a mistake yesterday at my dispensary ....
Bought me a Blue Dream cart but got talked into buying an apple GOLANI roll. Imma get fucked up ya'll!
Quote:
Our Golani Apple flavored rolls are hand-crafted, indica dominant premium blend pre rolls composed of our exclusive top shelf Golani O.G. flowers, mixed with solvent-free bubble hash. dipped in primarily CBD dominant Apple flavored hash oil and rolled in top shelf, kief, giving a consistent and potent tasting pre roll. SC Lab tested and containing over 1.5 grams of Golani infused product, the Golani Apple Roll aids in those who suffer from any ailments or illness, providing instant and long lasting pain relief with an irresistibly fresh and crisp green apple taste and aroma. By using King size natural RAW papers, we ensure with every smooth drag comes an all natural, potent Apple flavor and long lasting experience you can always enjoy conveniently.
Old 09-29-17, 02:07 AM   #824
DVD Talk Legend

I would think you guys would be watching Disjointed on Netflix.
Old 09-29-17, 09:00 AM   #825
Somewhat Banned

I tried but honestly, it's a terrible show.