Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 05-12-17, 06:37 PM   #751
DVD Talk Hero

Re: The one and only legal cannabis thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
Anyone know what a "QUAD" is? I got a promotional e-mail with the title "New Quads, THC & CBD's tinctures". And within, "Purple Berry - QUAD" with a picture (bud/flower). I first thought it was a weight measurement (a quarter?) but it seems to refer to quality since it's $12.50 per g and $240 an ounce, higher than the usual $9.50-$10 / $180-$200. Maybe QUAD = 'AAAA' ???
Well I asked and:

"Quad's are the highest quality of buds you can get on the market. They're rare, so we only have a few strains that go in there."
Old 05-12-17, 07:25 PM   #752
DVD Talk Hero

My mood with smoking pot is really fluctuating lately. Sometimes, I'm totally in the mood, and it's great and all, but sometimes, I'm totally not. And other times when I think I am in the mood, I take a hit (from quality stuff), and then regret it almost immediately. I wonder why I'm being so bi-polar with it...
Old 05-12-17, 11:53 PM   #753

I live in a state that has recreational marijuana but it's more of a red than blue state.

Legit issues I have are frequent headaches (almost daily) that are not debilitating. I also have fatigue/tiredness issues that I've done a sleep study for but it wasn't helpful. From reading it appears the sativa strains will increase alertness. Would I be able to get a medical card for either of these?
Old 05-13-17, 10:37 AM   #754
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's hard to say because you don't say what state it is. In California, you can get a pot card for an ingrown toenail.

Sativa would be good for increased alertness, but I think indica is what you would want for headaches. Plus it's possible a good indica before bed time would give you a deep enough sleep that you wouldn't feel tired in the morning? Pot before bed tends to make me groggy in the morning, but it varies by person.
Old 05-13-17, 01:56 PM   #755
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
My mood with smoking pot is really fluctuating lately. Sometimes, I'm totally in the mood, and it's great and all, but sometimes, I'm totally not. And other times when I think I am in the mood, I take a hit (from quality stuff), and then regret it almost immediately. I wonder why I'm being so bi-polar with it...
Could be the product itself. It can vary greatly, depending on the source of where it's produced, and if the product is coming from different producers. A lot of variables. Which is why having a legal producer that is consistent in output quality is so important for the community who rely on it for pain reduction, etc. It's still difficult to find reliable producers, even in the medical marijuana community, or so I'm told.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 05-13-17, 08:00 PM   #756
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Could be the product itself. It can vary greatly, depending on the source of where it's produced, and if the product is coming from different producers. A lot of variables. Which is why having a legal producer that is consistent in output quality is so important for the community who rely on it for pain reduction, etc. It's still difficult to find reliable producers, even in the medical marijuana community, or so I'm told.
It can't be that, since it's always been the same exact product, literally off the same stem. Don't know how the product could be more consistent, unless the buds in the same flower vary from each other.
Old 05-15-17, 11:42 AM   #757
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ I'm that way a lot of the time. I'll have a craving to get high, but as the initial high fades I quickly get tired of the stoney feeling and just want a clear head again. I've found that quick power naps followed by some coffee are the best way to get back to normal.
Old 05-16-17, 11:02 AM   #758
DVD Talk God

So yesterday the school supt. (a friend from when I was on the board) came by and asked about running for the board again. I said, "Before you go on, tomorrow I am testifying in front of the county commissioners to lift their cannabis ban and I've smoked it every day for years." He doesn't drink, smoke, nothing. He was a bit shocked, but we talked about who else might run, and the like. He finally said, "You could still run. It's legal. It's no different than having a beer." That surprised me.

So now I'm getting ready to give a presentation and come out of the closet officially, so to speak. Should be wild.
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 05-16-17, 11:17 AM   #759
DVD Talk Hero

You gonna be high when giving your presentation?
[kidding/not kidding]
Old 05-16-17, 11:20 AM   #760
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post

So now I'm getting ready to give a presentation and come out of the closet officially, so to speak. Should be wild.

Old 05-24-17, 07:00 PM   #761
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone here in the Arizona area, particularly Yuma?
Weekend river trip and want to know what the laws are there.
Old 05-24-17, 10:37 PM   #762
DVD Talk Legend

It's growing season!!! I decided to grow some auto flower plants outdoor this year. The stress and mold and not fully ripe plants last october was too much, so I'm doing more plants, lower yield, but done from seed to harvest in 90 days. Will be starting them soon!
Old 07-07-17, 07:25 AM   #763
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When I visited the Oregon coast last week, I went to my first legal pot shop out there. Wow, pretty cool and loved the smell as soon as I walked in the front door!

So nice to buy it "legally". I live in TX so who knows when we will ever be legal out here, but at least I can say I've been in one and made a couple of purchases!

I took in some of the beaches along 101 up in the Northern part of the coast and was amazed as to how many of those shops I saw out there. There were even ones standing alone out in the middle of nowhere along those roads. It was amazing...so nice.

Sorry to sound like a total geek...but it was one of the highlights of my trip out there! LOL!
Old 07-07-17, 10:06 AM   #764
DVD Talk Hero

I was in Denver recently, and they were silly with pot shops like that too. Pretty much everywhere, even out in the smaller mountain towns, all of them quality shops.

Meanwhile, it's legal in California, and yet we're limited to medical dispensaries, and there's all sorts of zoning laws preventing them from being anywhere except for a few industrial areas here and there.
Old 07-07-17, 11:04 AM   #765
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I was in Denver recently, and they were silly with pot shops like that too. Pretty much everywhere, even out in the smaller mountain towns, all of them quality shops.

Meanwhile, it's legal in California, and yet we're limited to medical dispensaries, and there's all sorts of zoning laws preventing them from being anywhere except for a few industrial areas here and there.
Pot shops aren't allowed in most counties in Colorado either. So the places where they are allowed, they are all over the place.
Old 07-08-17, 12:01 PM   #766
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:

Shit. Come down here. More shops than liquor stores now.
Open Weedmaps in San Diego and you'll see they are everywhere.

I've been doing pretty good with my Brass Knuckles battery and FlavRX (Blue Dream and Jack Herer)
Got me a Bhang dark chocolate bar 60mg but haven't got into it yet. It's pure indica so it'll be a nighttime snack for sure.
Old 07-08-17, 12:55 PM   #767
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
I took in some of the beaches along 101 up in the Northern part of the coast and was amazed as to how many of those shops I saw out there. There were even ones standing alone out in the middle of nowhere along those roads. It was amazing...so nice.
Yup, you probably drove many of the same roads that we did a couple of years ago. Dispensaries were everywhere, often in surprisingly remote locations.
Old 07-13-17, 02:35 PM   #768
DVD Talk God

Quote:
You gonna be high when giving your presentation?
[kidding/not kidding]
I wasn't, but I smoke enough that it wouldn't have likely mattered. I did some good, but even I could recognize that as a result of people not coming forward because of the fear of losing a job, it was mostly me and a bunch of hippies on the pro side.
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 07-13-17, 02:37 PM   #769
DVD Talk God

Oh, my current smoke schedule is an hour of flower and vape pen in the morning, and then a couple of hours of the same with several shatter hits in the afternoon.

The dab buzz is fun, but flower will still get me higher. Dabs just give a nice canvas for the rest of the high.

― Carl Sagan
Old 07-13-17, 02:50 PM   #770
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
The dab buzz is fun, but flower will still get me higher. Dabs just give a nice canvas for the rest of the high.
It's like a foreign language.
Old 07-13-17, 04:48 PM   #771
DVD Talk Hero

Nevada dispensaries running low on weed two weeks after legalization.

Quote:
Pot is plentiful in Nevada, but so far no one has been licensed to move product between production facilities and shops. Dispensaries with attached grow operations are in limbo even though their supplies are often housed in adjacent buildings. As Riana Durrett of the Nevada Dispensary Association puts it, they can't carry goods from "one side of a room to the other."

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...ng-low-w491924
Don't let people who are high handle logistics.
Old 07-13-17, 06:01 PM   #772
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
It's like a foreign language.
That shit used to confuse the hell out of me, but I understand it all now...scary!
Old 07-18-17, 05:01 PM   #773
DVD Talk Hero

UC Irvine Study Show That Closing Marijuana Dispensaries Actually Increases Crime

Quote:
Contrary to popular wisdom, a significant increase in crime occurs in the blocks immediately surrounding a closed dispensary, compared to those allowed to stay open.
Old 07-18-17, 06:22 PM   #774
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

well how else do you expect us to fill up our prisons
Old 08-11-17, 08:03 PM   #775
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
This is where I got the info (Monthly MOM Megathread (May 2017)).

https://www.reddit.com/r/canadients/

That thread is for reviews only. After checking it out for a couple of months and seing which sites were the most popular/trusted, I put in an order here:

http://www.thcdelivery.ca/

Of course, feel free to try others and report back.
The amount of mail order stores in Canada now is staggering, and it's not even legal here yet (not until next year), but no one seems to care. I found a place that even accepts credit card payments, I bought some stuff at a great price and it got here in three days (from BC to Ontario).

I finally tried the shatter that I've had kicking around for a few months. Pretty good stuff, I just need a better vape pen for it (the one I have is a cheaply made one, but hey it was free).