Reload this Page >

I had a Mabuse moment Saturday night

Other Talk "Otterville"

Old 12-14-15, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 141 Posts

I got home from a party about midnight and was pulling up next to the only parking space left in front of my sixplex when a car coming in the other direction made a sharp left turn AROUND MY CAR and parked in the spot I was aiming for.

Someone else in the car got out and asked me if I live here and I told them I did and to fuck off.

I drove around the corner, parked, and came back to find the driver still trying to get her car into the spot (parallel parking can be a bitch, eh?) and observed loudly that she must be drunk. Then I noticed that the car had out-of-state plates, took a photo of them with my cell phone, and informed them I'd be contacting the tag enforcement officer Monday morning since, if THEY live here, they don't have Kansas plates, and why is that?

Yes, I'm a bitch. But at least I didn't ramp it up to full Mabusery and challenge them to a knife fight or somethin'.
Old 12-14-15, 07:37 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: I had a Mabuse moment Saturday night

I'm confused. Where was the good guy with a gun in this situation?
Old 12-14-15, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not enough racism and bigotry, overt display of piss poor parenting skills, flaunting of overflowing OC douchiness, or verbose, self-important "artestry" to be Mabuse.
Old 12-14-15, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 611 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
I drove around the corner, parked, and came back to find the driver still trying to get her car into the spot (parallel parking can be a bitch, eh?) and observed loudly that she must be drunk. Then I noticed that the car had out-of-state plates, took a photo of them with my cell phone, and informed them I'd be contacting the tag enforcement officer Monday morning since, if THEY live here, they don't have Kansas plates, and why is that?
Let me guess: Oregon.
Old 12-14-15, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 161 Likes on 109 Posts

Did you at least tell her that locals rule?
Old 12-14-15, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Parking is scarce at my complex too, so I can relate. A company is supposed to tag the offenders, but I don't think they stop by often enough.
I hope those out of towners get towed.
Old 12-14-15, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Were they Palestinian or Mexican?
Old 12-14-15, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 252 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Nth Power View Post
I hope those out of towners get towed.
So if you're visiting someone in another state you're not allowed to park by them? It wasn't mentioned if each parking space is reserved.
Old 12-14-15, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They were Mexican, but I completely forgot to be racist. Dayam.

Also, I live on the Kansas side of the Kansas City metro area. It's cheaper to tag your car in Missouri, so some people do it until they get caught.

And the reason I am frosted about this is that there is a limited number of parking spaces in front of each building. There is overflow parking down the street and we ask families with more than one car and guests to park the "extra" vehicles there. I have one car. I should not have to park down the street so these yokels can have all three of their cars in front of the building. Even when SSG Honeylamb lived with me she parked down the street, more because she hated parallel parking than anything else, but still.

We don't have assigned parking because the streets are city owned so that's illegal. I know this family has their kids in school in Missouri because the kids have come around to sell stuff for that particular school district, and I've complained to the city about the Missouri tags before, to no avail. I shot an email off this morning to the property manager, because I know they will listen to her.
Old 12-14-15, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 400 Likes on 296 Posts

You should contact the school and get the kids thrown out for living out of the district.

So, you live in a sexplex?

Not quite a full Mabuse, but I do sense a slight case of lesbian privilege in your writings ...

Edited to add: I forgot to ask, did the boards and ladders fall off the top of their car when they made the sharp left turn?

On a serious note though, how are license plates a city matter? I would think that would be a Secretary of State/Department of Transportation/Department of Motor Vehicles issues. (Whatever they call it in Kansas.)
Old 12-14-15, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 348 Likes on 289 Posts

How do you know they were Mexican? We don't all look alike, you know.
Old 12-14-15, 10:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
How do you know they were Mexican? We don't all look alike, you know.
They smelled like Tacos?
Old 12-14-15, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
So if you're visiting someone in another state you're not allowed to park by them? It wasn't mentioned if each parking space is reserved.
It sounds like they either made a dick move and took someone's spot or were driving drunk, or both. Either way I find it hard to find sympathy for them if they get towed.
Old 12-14-15, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Was it obvious you were trying to park in that spot? Were you taking forever or something? Seems like if someone got out of the car too, you could have said you were going to park there.
Old 12-14-15, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mexicans. Smh
Old 12-14-15, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Was it obvious you were trying to park in that spot? Were you taking forever or something? Seems like if someone got out of the car too, you could have said you were going to park there.
Yes. I was sitting next to the spot with my turn signal on. They just drove around me.

They were coming from the opposite direction, so I am assuming that I had the right of way for the space because I was just preparing to back into it, on the correct side of the street. They had to turn their car around.

When I told the person I lived there and was going to use that space, she said, "Well, we're using it." Believe me, if I didn't love my beautiful electric-blue Betsy Bluebonnet Ford Focus so much, I would have backed up and slammed into them from sheer anger. Maybe that would have been more Mabuse-like. I have just never had someone be such a complete jerk like that. I was dumbfounded.
Old 12-14-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. I was sitting next to the spot with my turn signal on. They just drove around me.

They were coming from the opposite direction, so I am assuming that I had the right of way for the space because I was just preparing to back into it, on the correct side of the street. They had to turn their car around.

When I told the person I lived there and was going to use that space, she said, "Well, we're using it." Believe me, if I didn't love my beautiful electric-blue Betsy Bluebonnet Ford Focus so much, I would have backed up and slammed into them from sheer anger. Maybe that would have been more Mabuse-like. I have just never had someone be such a complete jerk like that. I was dumbfounded.
Ah yeah, that's just douchey. Especially if you had the turn signal on and everything. At least in your case yelling at them seemed more appropriate and deserving then any of Mabuse's stories
Old 12-14-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 182 Likes on 154 Posts

When I told the person I lived there and was going to use that space, she said, "Tough! Face it lady, we're younger and faster." Believe me, if I didn't love my beautiful electric-blue Betsy Bluebonnet Ford Focus so much, I would have backed up and slammed into them from sheer anger. Maybe that would have been more Mabuse-like. I have just never had someone be such a complete jerk like that. I was dumbfounded.
Fixed.
Old 12-14-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 166 Posts

If she was Chinese, you would've keyed her car right there on the spot.
Old 12-14-15, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
If she was Chinese, you would've keyed her car right there on the spot.
... then invited her out for some chinky chow.
Old 12-14-15, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
Fixed.
Towanda didn't show up.
Old 12-14-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts

A Potential DVD Polizei Bumper Sticker Alert!!!!

===== Vibs Gawt Dibs =====
Old 12-14-15, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having a hard time understanding how they managed to do all of this while you sat there doing nothing. When I am going to park, it take me about 15 seconds to pass the space, apply my turn signal, and back in. And somehow you are saying they had time to approach from the other direction, turn around, and zip into the space, all while you were sitting there with your turn signal on. What were you doing while all this went down?
Old 12-14-15, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
I'm having a hard time understanding how they managed to do all of this while you sat there doing nothing. When I am going to park, it take me about 15 seconds to pass the space, apply my turn signal, and back in. And somehow you are saying they had time to approach from the other direction, turn around, and zip into the space, all while you were sitting there with your turn signal on. What were you doing while all this went down?
When they pulled around the corner they were crowding me. I was waiting for them to get out of the way and go on down the street when they drove by, because they were too close to the middle of the street for me to back up and angle into the space safely.
Old 12-14-15, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went grocery shopping.

When I pulled up there was a lady who had just finished loading her car.
I then see her pull a bag of garbage from inside the vehicle and place it in the shopping cart to leave in the lot.

I called her a bitch and kept walking.

I'm not the hero you asked for, but I'm the hero you need.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.