Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Would you be sad if DVDTalk.com went away?

Other Talk "Otterville"
View Poll Results: Would you be sad if DVDTalk.com went away?
Yes
80.00%
No
15.00%
What are you high?
5.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Would you be sad if DVDTalk.com went away?

Old 12-05-15, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Would you be sad if DVDTalk.com went away?

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
I'd miss it a lot, I can't think of a place that has any many topics that interest me while keeping somewhat fun and civil conversation. I'd be less sad then I would have been years ago though given the number of people that have left and leaving a few personalities that are more annoying then funny.
Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
The civility of this place cannot be understated. I tend to check out other forums when I'm interested in some subject or another, and it is VERY rare to find a place as civil as this.
Also quoting these. I have been exposed to so many different points of view, lines of reasoning and arguments on many subjects, that, without the forum rules would certainly become cesspools of chatter that one sees elsewhere. I have learned a lot about religion and politics. These various points of views have strengthen my own beliefs and values and I also come to understand and appreciate others views are that are in complete conflict with mine. I'm not sure where else i would find this.

I certainly would miss this place. The last five years or so it has become less active and many posters that i enjoy reading have left or don't post as much.
Old 12-05-15, 10:12 AM
Admin

Received 150 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
These threads are sad too, since you see people comment about how they rarely visit and i just think how nice it would be if all the lurkers or part time visitors came back and posted more given that it would improve the amount of discussion on here.
I agree with you, but I also respect the lurkers' need to lurk. Some of the snark scares people a bit. All I can say it's not that bad, just post and be happy at least someone's talking to you.
Old 12-05-15, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Music View Post
Better question: why the fuck do you keep posting inane shit?
Because you're not banned yet!
Old 12-05-15, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Join some other cult.
Old 12-05-15, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 118 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Fuck all you pieces of shit. This site really went to shit when some mod fucked up and then everybody called out on their shit and then it was damn near lazy fuck anarchy here. Groucho isn't funny anymore. Rocshemp disappeared. C unt was taken away from me. But I'm still here, motherfuckers!

Mobile version is basic as fuck. And so much more.

I dunno. Maybe if the people who run this shithole home of ours got their shit straight it might be better. Right now? It's mostly a common core of c unts doing their fucking thing here. But we're dying. Also why the fuck are we still called DVDtalk? Fucktards don't know that that shit pretty much kills us? Dumb shits.
Whatever happened to RocShemp?
Old 12-05-15, 10:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't fucking know. He just... vanished. I guess we can... contact him on facebook page we joined for emergency purposes. or just BS purposes really.
Old 12-05-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

I would be sad. This is my favorite message board on the web. All of us that have been here for awhile have been through a lot together. Marriages, divorces, deaths in our families, birth of children, National tragedies such as 9/11 and all of the mass shootings that have taken place since Columbine, etc.

In a weird way, I think it's brought us all closer together as a internet community.
Old 12-05-15, 11:51 AM

I don't fucking know. He just... vanished. I guess we can... contact him on facebook page we joined for emergency purposes. or just BS purposes really.
I'd love a link to the FB page if possible. I missed it whenever it was originally discussed.
Old 12-05-15, 12:01 PM
Premium Member

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Living Dead View Post
I'd love a link to the FB page if possible. I missed it whenever it was originally discussed.
Just search for "DVDTalkers" on FB, it's a public group.
Old 12-05-15, 12:46 PM
Banned by request

Jesus H. Fuck Me in the Asshole Christ. Are you still bitching about Brett Ratner stealing your girlfriend?
Stuff like this is why I'd miss the heck out of of this place if it were to disappear.
Old 12-05-15, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Let's be honest, noobs don't generally get harassed if they're not acting like idiots or spammers. We just don't get a lot of noobs in general, and that probably has a lot to do with the name of the forum, and the slow death of forums in general.

I would miss this place if it was gone.
Old 12-05-15, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Let's be honest, noobs don't generally get harassed if they're not acting like idiots or spammers. We just don't get a lot of noobs in general, and that probably has a lot to do with the name of the forum, and the slow death of forums in general.

I would miss this place if it was gone.
Just putting my two cents here.

Maybe if you did not make members feel UNWELCOME many might stay longer!!! You treat members like crap, have rules that i never seen ob other forums some which seem out of line,etc. I never seen a forum who makes members feel so low! Its a real pity too. Oh wait there was one other place. But i left it long ago. Ok said my two cents. I am out. Bye.
Old 12-05-15, 01:55 PM
Banned

Well... I still take shits every day. So I guess we're ok now.
Old 12-05-15, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ArnieCunningham View Post

Maybe if you did not make members feel UNWELCOME many might stay longer!!! You treat members like crap, have rules that i never seen ob other forums some which seem out of line,etc. I never seen a forum who makes members feel so low! Its a real pity too. Oh wait there was one other place. But i left it long ago. Ok said my two cents. I am out. Bye.
There are other boards that I lurk but don't post on. Before posting, I try to learn the lay of the land, see what type of discussions go on and attitudes of the regular posters. You came on here and started posting silly games and got thrashed for doing so. It is to be expected. You don't have to leave, just see what passes for normalcy here and join in.
Old 12-05-15, 02:23 PM

Long time lurker here. I've been checking into this forum every other day since 2009, but haven't posted much. My job entails a lot of writing, so the idea of coming home and regularly posting in an online forum isn't very appealing to me. I enjoy a lot of the active members on this forum. Very entertaining and interesting characters on here. And compared to another site devoted to physical media (*cough* blu-ray.com *cough*) the members here seem much more grounded and normal. This site would certainly be missed if I were to log in tomorrow only to find it no longer existed.
Old 12-05-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is the only forum I go to. I don't post often because I don't have much to bring to the conversation most of the time. You might feel more welcome if you did the same.
Old 12-05-15, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ArnieCunningham View Post

I like most of our rules, they're the reason why conversation is as civil as it has been and not the fanboy overrun forums when it comes to video game or movie discussions. How some of the mods/admins have interpreted those rules over the years may be another story...

You seem to take things to seriously or literally.
Old 12-05-15, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PileOfFudge View Post
Long time lurker here. I've been checking into this forum every other day since 2009, but haven't posted much. My job entails a lot of writing, so the idea of coming home and regularly posting in an online forum isn't very appealing to me. I enjoy a lot of the active members on this forum. Very entertaining and interesting characters on here. And compared to another site devoted to physical media (*cough* blu-ray.com *cough*) the members here seem much more grounded and normal. This site would certainly be missed if I were to log in tomorrow only to find it no longer existed.
Holy shit. We got chocolate posting now.
Old 12-05-15, 02:51 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 142 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by PileOfFudge View Post
Old 12-05-15, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess not? I dunno. I still come here reflexively, not because of any real desire to.

Politics is ridiculous, Other is boring, and there's better TV discussions happening other places. And that was always 95% of my time here.
Old 12-05-15, 03:08 PM
Banned

Fuck you. You're just here to hurt our feelings.

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/WQUALOpcIkLTi" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/crying-sad-WQUALOpcIkLTi">via GIPHY</a></p>
Old 12-05-15, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

By now its so ingrained I'd go through withdrawal. Where would I go to find all the deals on 800.com, or get the codes for Reel.com?
Old 12-05-15, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McHawkson View Post
The fun around here has already gone - long gone. I only came in here for gif and random pictures...
Old 12-05-15, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
The civility of this place cannot be understated. I tend to check out other forums when I'm interested in some subject or another, and it is VERY rare to find a place as civil as this.
Fuck you, Mallet. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.
Old 12-05-15, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kurtie Dee View Post
Fuck you, Mallet. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.
Seriously. In the ass. with a fucking industrial jackhammer.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.