Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Confronting bad drivers on the road: bad idea or awesome amount of views on Youtube?

Other Talk "Otterville"

Confronting bad drivers on the road: bad idea or awesome amount of views on Youtube?

Old 08-03-15, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to watch videos of bad drivers on Youtube but just yesterday I saw this channel where this guy has a side mounted camera that he calls his confrontation cam. He has several videos up but only the latest has him using this cam to tell off another driver while in traffic. While I agree what the other driver did was bad driving what this dash cam driver is doing I consider escalating road rage.

https://youtu.be/TlS6OtYeZl4
Am I wrong or are you okay with what he is doing?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TlS6OtYeZl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-03-15, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts
Re: Confronting bad drivers on the road: bad idea or awesome amount of views on Youtu

Dumb people that I'd rather not know. He's probably an abusive and angry person outside of screaming at other drivers.
Old 08-03-15, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 78 Posts
Re: Confronting bad drivers on the road: bad idea or awesome amount of views on Youtu

I'm not sure that provoking people while they're still on the road is a good idea. Driving is dangerous enough all ready, but otherwise normal people can go completely crazy with a good bout of road rage. I'm all for raising awareness about the dangers of bad driving, but there might be a safer way.
Old 08-03-15, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Confrontation cam?
Old 08-03-15, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it's pretty douchey to go out of your way to film and yell at people.
Old 08-03-15, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

That guy doesn't understand how to honk at a green light/arrow. I've started honking rather than waiting because people are usually on their cells. But it's a light beep, not laying on the horn aggressively like he did. He's a dick. I'm sure in all aspects of his life, he is beloved.
Old 08-03-15, 04:34 PM

I think there should be a way to submit these videos to insurance companies so they can boost the premiums for those with blatantly poor driving skills. Confronting in person is something we'd love to do, but would be ineffective.
Old 08-03-15, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Yea. I was cutoff the other day. Know what I did? Braked! And then went on driving like normal. Ooooooohhh. Dang.
Old 08-03-15, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What a royal AHOLE. Sorry but not going a couple seconds after a light turns green is not "green light sitting". I hope this guy gets pummeled.
Old 08-03-15, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This guy will be dead from a heart attack by 50.

As the video started, I expected the driver in front to be really late in starting the turn, but it was only around 2 seconds.

EDIT: I watched a few more of his videos, including one where he started laying on his horn when someone else got cut off!

Last edited by Mikael79; 08-03-15 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-03-15, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts

Can't wait for this guy's demise to be on someone else's cam.
Old 08-03-15, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Can't wait for this guy's demise to be on someone else's cam.
Like a police officer's bodycam? I had to, I'm sorry!
Old 08-03-15, 05:20 PM
Suspended

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only positive thing I can think of confronting drivers is providing drivers feedbacks so their bad practices don't become life causing bad habits. Human natures easily allows bad practices to become habits pretty quickly. You run the red light once because you're really late for work, you started to run red lights more and more after. People need feedbacks to improve.

Having said that, the way you go about providing feedbacks is just as important as the content of the feedbacks itself. Who is going to humble themselves to a lunatic yelling and screaming at you? "Oh, yes, thank you my good sire for pointing out my flaws." Nobody gives a shit about something a stranger says to you. This thing that he's doing is just purely for his ego and nothing more. Cool graphics though.
Old 08-03-15, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here is some feedback: don't say feedbacks.
Old 08-03-15, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now that cars are starting to have heads-up displays, somebody should find a way to connect them to a social network so people can tag asshole drivers. You could be driving down the highway and a note would pop up saying, "This woman blow-dries her hair while driving," or "This guy doesn't know how to merge" and you could take appropriate action to avoid them.
Old 08-03-15, 05:31 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mikael79 View Post
Here is some feedback: don't say feedbacks.
Quit filming me with your confrontation cam, you fucking lunatic.
Old 08-03-15, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SuperJim88 View Post
Quit filming me with your confrontation cam, you fucking lunatic.
I'm posting your username on YouTube. Get ready for at least 2-3 views and a stern comment from the HitchBot abuser!
Old 08-03-15, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

People need to mind their own fucking business for the most part. This shithead needs to get a life.
Old 08-03-15, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good to know I'm not alone in disliking this guy.

There was also another video he had up where he posted some guys Facebook profile. Nothing weird about that.
Old 08-03-15, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not worth honking for that short of time.

Notice he blocks himself out of the video in his intro.
Old 08-03-15, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 177 Likes on 100 Posts

Sounds like a good way to get yourself shot by someone with bigger rage issues than yourself.
Old 08-03-15, 05:40 PM

Watched a few of his other videos.

The fact that he has a car horn on his bicycle tells you all you really need to know about the man.
Old 08-03-15, 05:44 PM
Suspended

The part I don't get is that apparently there is a female passenger in his car. If you listen to the audio, there is a female voice that said "what is he doing?" I totally expected this idiot to be doing this all on his own, but apparently this female passenger has no problem going along with it as well? Soon the confrontation cam is going to be this lady friend in the process of performing certain job. You're not sucking hard enough. That was at least 4 psi below standard suction as defined by Dyson.
Old 08-03-15, 05:45 PM

Yeah, I don't see it ending well for this d-bad - especially in Fresno, he's going to end-up pissing-off the wrong person, especially seeing how he seems to like to antagonize people to get a reaction.
Old 08-03-15, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SuperJim88 View Post
The part I don't get is that apparently there is a female passenger in his car. If you listen to the audio, there is a female voice that said "what is he doing?" I totally expected this idiot to be doing this all on his own, but apparently this female passenger has no problem going along with it as well? Soon the confrontation cam is going to be this lady friend in the process of performing certain job. You're not sucking hard enough. That was at least 4 psi below standard suction as defined by Dyson.
I believe that is his wife which he mentions in a video where they were both out riding bikes.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.