Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Other Talk "Otterville"

19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Old 05-22-15, 08:30 PM
  #101  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,331
Likes: 0
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
You know what's disgusting? The title of this thread. That says a lot. And he did it when he was a kid, not an adult. Big fucking difference. Do you believe people should be forever crucified for past mistakes?
Depends on the mistake. Child molestation? Absolutely!!

BTW- he was a teenager when it happened. He should know right and wrong at that age.
Old 05-22-15, 08:32 PM
  #102  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,546
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

I am absolutely ok with the title.
Old 05-22-15, 08:34 PM
  #103  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Decadance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,781
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

They covered up their own son's issues with sister touching.

They took him to talk to a cop, who ended up having issues with child porn.

They then took him to counseling by a guy who molested 30 girls.

I just saying, religion entirely aside here, this level of correlation is statistically improbable.
Old 05-22-15, 08:35 PM
  #104  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,314
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy View Post
He's gone from Cosby to Polanski in order to stand up for an admitted child molester simply because he's a "Christian". Not quite sure if that's progress... guess that makes some feel better though. "Oh but liberal Hollywood celebrates one molesting scumbag so MY molesting scumbag should be treated with the same respect!"

Right...
Wow, people like you just can't freaking stand it when someone doesn't worship your opinion. Instead of offering a counter-argument to my point about the hypocrisy in the media, you make me the target. Typical and not surprising coming from you. Your mockery is nothing more than fuel for your extreme hatred of Christians.
Old 05-22-15, 08:36 PM
  #105  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Hokeyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 19,936
Received 443 Likes on 268 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Wonder if he's gonna move on to Fatty Arbuckle?
Old 05-22-15, 08:38 PM
  #106  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Decadance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,781
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
Wow, people like you just can't freaking stand it when someone doesn't worship your opinion. Instead of offering a counter-argument to my point about the hypocrisy in the media, you make me the target. Typical and not surprising coming from you. Your mockery is nothing more than fuel for your extreme hatred of Christians.
Sounds more like hatred for you than Christians. Let's face it, you are christianity personified on this board. And there is one other christian that defends you. If your own flock doesn't identify with you, perhaps it isn't the religion but the person.
Old 05-22-15, 08:38 PM
  #107  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Hokeyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 19,936
Received 443 Likes on 268 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
Wow, people like you just can't freaking stand it when someone doesn't worship your opinion. Instead of offering a counter-argument to my point about the hypocrisy in the media, you make me the target. Typical and not surprising coming from you. Your mockery is nothing more than fuel for your extreme hatred of Christians.
Old 05-22-15, 08:38 PM
  #108  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
Right, so you insinuate without ANY evidence that the Duggers purposely sought out an officer that was into child porn so he would be more easy going and only give the boy a stern talking.
The family seeking out the specific officer is a fact that nobody seems to be disputing... except you.

It's disgusting what crimes some people will excuse simply because the guilty play the god card.
Old 05-22-15, 08:39 PM
  #109  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 35,414
Received 312 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
It comes as mockery and making light of a serious sexual act. And then turn around and act like there is so much concern for the victims. Baloney. I am just fed up at the hypocrisy of the liberal media and Christian haters. The Dugger son does something awful as a child, confesses it and seeks help, but he is still scum of the earth for life. Roman Polanski can molest someone and he gets celebrated by Hollywood.
Because concern for victims is hypocrisy, but the actions of the Duggar family in hiding these allegations is not. Got it. Fucking ridiculous.

BTW, I sincerely hope that Roman Polanski ends up in prison.
Old 05-22-15, 08:40 PM
  #110  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 35,414
Received 312 Likes on 190 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
Right, so you insinuate without ANY evidence that the Duggers purposely sought out an officer that was into child porn so he would be more easy going and only give the boy a stern talking.
No, but the facts are the facts. You are fighting so hard to find some good in this situation. It's not there.
Old 05-22-15, 08:46 PM
  #111  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
Depends on the mistake. Child molestation? Absolutely!!

BTW- he was a teenager when it happened. He should know right and wrong at that age.
I agree. Unless he was found to have other mental issues, 14 is old enough to know what he was doing and old enough to know what he was doing was wrong. The fact there was multiple victims proves as much.

If he had been immediately put into the program, and monitored by the authorities from that point forward, I'm sure most would have given him a chance. Especially if he never did it again.

Originally Posted by Decadance View Post
Sounds more like hatred for you than Christians. Let's face it, you are christianity personified on this board. And there is one other christian that defends you. If your own flock doesn't identify with you, perhaps it isn't the religion but the person.
The many Christians I know would never defend their craziness.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 05-22-15 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-22-15, 08:55 PM
  #112  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Decadance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,781
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
I agree. Unless he was found to have other mental issues, 14 is old enough to know what he was doing and old enough to know what he was doing was wrong. The fact that was multiple victims proves as much.
Think of the environment he grew up in. To describe the Duggar family as sexual repressive (and oppressive) is a bit of an understatement for anyone that has watched the show. The children are not allowed to express normal childhood sexual behavior as sex is wrong. Take away the ability to express any part of your existence and see how much it begins to dominate your interactions. Furthermore, couple that with puberty in a patriarchal environment where women are considered subservient.

Yeah, I don't blame 14 year old Josh.
Old 05-22-15, 08:56 PM
  #113  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 7,541
Received 145 Likes on 117 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Can we change the thread title to 19 Kids and Canceled by Diddling?
Old 05-22-15, 08:57 PM
  #114  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Decadance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,781
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
Can we change the thread title to 19 Kids and Canceled by Diddling?
Inb4 someone cites freedom of speech as to their offense that a christian show has been canceled.
Old 05-22-15, 09:04 PM
  #115  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 38,128
Received 1,228 Likes on 879 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

The thread title is out of line... "Nineteen Kids and Fondling" would be more accurate, I think.
Old 05-22-15, 09:08 PM
  #116  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by Decadance View Post
Think of the environment he grew up in. To describe the Duggar family as sexual repressive (and oppressive) is a bit of an understatement for anyone that has watched the show. The children are not allowed to express normal childhood sexual behavior as sex is wrong. Take away the ability to express any part of your existence and see how much it begins to dominate your interactions. Furthermore, couple that with puberty in a patriarchal environment where women are considered subservient.

Yeah, I don't blame 14 year old Josh.
I know very little about the family other than what becomes news worthy about them. Never watched a minute of their many reality shows.

Consensual sexual experimentation is normal. Hell, I had went way past second base by 14. But even in the most strict no sex of any kind household, it's not normal to resort to molestation.

We are tough on this kind of thing because it would be crazy not to. We want rapists and molesters identified and monitored such that our kids don't become the next victim.
Old 05-22-15, 09:37 PM
  #117  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 24,027
Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

What I take away from this: If you're going to be provocative, you're stuck having to stand up from yourself when you betray the things you say. By being provocative, you open the doors to this kind of scrutiny. That goes for Otters and the Duggars. You deserve every bit of criticism you get.
Old 05-22-15, 09:58 PM
  #118  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sean O'Hara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vichy America
Posts: 13,533
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
I'm surprise you are not calling for his immediate beheading and public flailing. I just find it arrogant that people like yourself act like they would have no problem reporting their child immediately to the police and having him taken away or put in prison.
You're making it all about the son. What about the girls he molested, including their daughters? Why don't they get the same consideration? Why aren't you asking why these assholes gave a free pass to the rat-fuck son of a bitch who hurt their children? Is protecting their rapist son more important than protecting their daughters? Can you comprehend how awful it must've been for those girls to grow up in that house with the guy who molested them hanging around, and knowing that if he relapses, their parents would shrug it off because of god?
Old 05-22-15, 10:15 PM
  #119  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,314
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
No, but the facts are the facts. You are fighting so hard to find some good in this situation. It's not there.
You don't have all the facts though. The police chief was convicted of child porn many years later, but the assumption is that the Duggars just knew that he would be the type to help them sweep it under the rug.
Old 05-22-15, 10:16 PM
  #120  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 39,007
Received 681 Likes on 436 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
You don't have all the facts though. The police chief was convicted of child porn many years later, but the assumption is that the Duggars just knew that he would be the type to help them sweep it under the rug.
We know he molested 5 girls. What's the upside? That he's sorry? I don't give a shit about him. I care about the girls and nothing more. I'm surprised Christians aren't more upset about what he did.

Last edited by Draven; 05-22-15 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-22-15, 10:17 PM
  #121  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Unknown
Posts: 4,091
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Issues like this are rarely as black and white as some seem to think they are. My thoughts on this fall so where in the middle, but I agree with a lot of what creek said in his first post. I'm guessing my views on this are influenced by the work I do, having worked with many kids who were molested, and some who then went on to do the same to their siblings. They aren't all monsters.

That being said, I know next to nothing about this family, but it certainly seems like the parents made some major missteps that endangered their children (and other people's children).
Old 05-22-15, 10:39 PM
  #122  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Decadance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,781
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by dave-o View Post
Issues like this are rarely as black and white as some seem to think they are. My thoughts on this fall so where in the middle, but I agree with a lot of what creek said in his first post. I'm guessing my views on this are influenced by the work I do, having worked with many kids who were molested, and some who then went on to do the same to their siblings. They aren't all monsters.

That being said, I know next to nothing about this family, but it certainly seems like the parents made some major missteps that endangered their children (and other people's children).
Hey hey, we don't allow balanced, reasoned responses around here.
Old 05-22-15, 10:54 PM
  #123  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,394
Received 92 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Well Duggar could always join the priesthood and get a new reality show.
Old 05-22-15, 11:03 PM
  #124  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,331
Likes: 0
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by Decadance View Post
Think of the environment he grew up in. To describe the Duggar family as sexual repressive (and oppressive) is a bit of an understatement for anyone that has watched the show. The children are not allowed to express normal childhood sexual behavior as sex is wrong.
Ironic considering how many kids they have. They must have been fucking like rabbits.
Old 05-22-15, 11:21 PM
  #125  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 39,007
Received 681 Likes on 436 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
Ironic considering how many kids they have. They must have been fucking like rabbits.
Eh, they only have to have sex right after she gives birth. Could be only a few times a year.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.