19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Other Talk "Otterville"

19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Old 05-27-15, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: 19 Kids and Diddling - Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Accusations

Originally Posted by madcougar View Post
It's been my experience that really good, Christian people don't shove their faith in your face. You know they're good, Christians by their actions.

The ones that wear it on their sleeve however... watch out.
True on all counts.
Old 05-27-15, 09:35 AM

Received 155 Likes on 107 Posts

It's been my experience that really good, Christian people don't shove their faith in your face. You know they're good, Christians by their actions.

My experience is the opposite.
Old 05-27-15, 09:41 AM

Mod note/warning: Please refrain from any and all personal attacks and insults. I understand this is a hot topic issue, and a particularly sensitive one for many, but keep the discussion civil. Or bow out if you feel you can't.

This is the only warning.

Thank you.
Old 05-27-15, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pharoh View Post
My experience is the opposite.
So you really like Bible thumping evangelists who stop people in malls or corner them by the water cooler at work and try to convert them?
Old 05-27-15, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
So you really like Bible thumping evangelists who stop people in malls or corner them by the water cooler at work and try to convert them?
I have no idea what that has to do with what I posted, so I really don't know how to respond, in the context of my original post.
Old 05-27-15, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
I honestly believe if you expressed your beliefs in a better manner, despite what they are, that I don't think you would get jumped on as much. Saying things like Bill Cosby getting a pass, which is blatantly untrue, doesn't help.

Or you know, you could just NOT post in those threads.
Ok, so I pulled the Bill Cosby thread, and here are the kind of comments on the first page:

"Before you dip the spoon in the puddin'......use a Cosby condom......"

"I don't wanna hear these allegations with da groping and da rubbing and da flith flarn filth."

"I have the utmost respect for the man... I hope this turns out to be false profiteering."

"Seriously, does anyone call their penis a "fat albert?"

Like I've made some fantastic nicknames for my penis before, but none as tacky, informal, or low brow as "fat albert."

[placeholder for hilarious "Pudding Pop" joke]

"Have a cock and a smile."

"[boom bada boom bada boom bada boom]Dad is great! Gives us roofies and chocolate cake![boom bada boom bada boom bada boom]"

Where's the outrage huh? The concern for the victims? All I see is people falling over themselves to be funny here. Yet when it involves Christians, bring out the dogs. Judge, forget the jury, and executor time. Let's not even wait to get all the facts in either.

Old 05-27-15, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 119 Likes on 93 Posts

SEE: Thread Title
Old 05-27-15, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have no idea what that has to do with what I posted, so I really don't know how to respond, in the context of my original post.
Just answer the question, yes or no.
Old 05-27-15, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32 View Post
Ok, so I pulled the Bill Cosby thread, and here are the kind of comments on the first page:

"Before you dip the spoon in the puddin'......use a Cosby condom......"

"I don't wanna hear these allegations with da groping and da rubbing and da flith flarn filth."

"I have the utmost respect for the man... I hope this turns out to be false profiteering."

"Seriously, does anyone call their penis a "fat albert?"

Like I've made some fantastic nicknames for my penis before, but none as tacky, informal, or low brow as "fat albert."

[placeholder for hilarious "Pudding Pop" joke]

"Have a cock and a smile."

"[boom bada boom bada boom bada boom]Dad is great! Gives us roofies and chocolate cake![boom bada boom bada boom bada boom]"

Where's the outrage huh? The concern for the victims? All I see is people falling over themselves to be funny here. Yet when it involves Christians, bring out the dogs. Judge, forget the jury, and executor time. Let's not even wait to get all the facts in either.

As far as getting all the facts in this situation, we got a police report and admittance of guilt from the get go, so i'm not sure what you're complaining about there.

Last edited by fumanstan; 05-27-15 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-27-15, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You said you had a better experience with Christians who shove their faith in your face than those who are Christian by their actions only. I've never heard anyone say they preferred that so i was wondering if that's what you meant.
Old 05-27-15, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by covenant View Post
Just answer the question, yes or no.
No.
Old 05-27-15, 10:41 AM

You said you had a better experience with Christians who shove their faith in your face than those who are Christian by their actions only. I've never heard anyone say they preferred that so i was wondering if that's what you meant.
That isn't what I said. Madcougar's original post, presented below, stated that in his experience Christians who wear their religion on their sleeves need to be looked out for, that those type of Christians aren't really good Christians.

My experience is the opposite. Specifically, that the most outspoken and vocal Christians I have come across, those that try to convert and make no attempt to hide their faith, are among the best Christians, and in many cases among the best people, I have known.

All of which has nothing to do with my preferences for dealing with Christians of a particular type.

Old 05-27-15, 10:59 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 316 Likes on 194 Posts

So we're looking for humor now?

Old 05-27-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That isn't what I said. Madcougar's original post, presented below, stated that in his experience Christians who wear their religion on their sleeves need to be looked out for, that those type of Christians aren't really good Christians.

My experience is the opposite. Specifically, that the most outspoken and vocal Christians I have come across, those that try to convert and make no attempt to hide their faith, are among the best Christians, and in many cases among the best people, I have known.

All of which has nothing to do with my preferences for dealing with Christians of a particular type.
Oh well. We've had different experiences. Every single outspoken Born Again Christian I've ever met has been a giant hypocrite.
Old 05-27-15, 11:08 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of those jokes seem to be at Cosby's expense, and I see it as no different than the '19 Kids and Diddling' thread title. So if anything, it proves Cosby was mocked with the same type of humor.

Also, when that story broke it was one allegation (and whispers of past misdeeds). The Duggar story broke with an actual police report and confirmation from the man himself. I can understand the Cosby story having more initial skepticism simply because at the time there was a window of doubt. Once more and more women stepped forward that window slammed shut for most who were hopeful of Cosby's innocence. With Duggar there was no doubt, as he confirmed it himself.
Old 05-27-15, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for demonstrating that you harbor previous resentment towards the Duggars. Therefore, I wouldn't count on you to be able to objectively and fairly judge the situation. You admit that you want to see the family brought down.
Wouldn't that also take away anything Creek's every said as well? I really don't think anyone really can be totally objective.
Old 05-27-15, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
Thank you, Decadence, for saying what needs to be said to (and for) all of us. And I'm pointing the finger(s) at me first.

Can we PLEASE refrain from going down the usual path of personal attacks? I almost posted "Here we go again" last night but didn't want to stir the pot even more. Let's all just take a deep breath. I got all bent out of shape recently over the same thing & lost it (which might have been a good thing...my wife noticed that I seemed overly agitated & scheduled a doctor's appointment to check out some other physical symptons & we got a hasty call back the same afternoon that the other thread got locked. Found out my blood sugar was over 429 (at least 4 times what it should be), blood pressure sky high, ACI 11 (should be under 7). Now, thanks to two diabetes pills & 1 bp pill per day, I'm less apt to go berserk).

I'm glad that some on both sides have backed off & refrained from posting responses that would just bait, instigate, or heighten the animosity. There are a lot of statements or speculations being based upon misinformation or lack of information (speaking for myself)...the more details one knows (without dragging the individual victims names into it), the better assessment one can make. And I think that holds true for everyone.

I will say that, in clicking on a link provided in a post above, I was led to another discussion. The hate-filled comments there toward those who disagree make this forum seem like a Sunday School picnic (nonreligious, please excuse the analogy).
Dude, those are rough numbers, especially your AC score. I was feeling crappy when I hit 8.3, I can't imagine what you were feeling. At least we know what you are doing when you are not posting... that you are probably peeing. Like peeing all the time.
Old 05-27-15, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 166 Likes on 110 Posts

Every single outspoken Born Again Christian I've ever met has been a giant hypocrite.
All the ones I've known were former drug addicts / alcoholics.
Old 05-27-15, 12:07 PM
RIP

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
All the ones I know are drug addicts / alcoholics.
Old 05-27-15, 12:26 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Here is a link to the police report. You can read in detail what he did

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/j...ears-old-59145
Old 05-27-15, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
All the ones I've known were former drug addicts / alcoholics.
Yeah that too. I sat by one at my first job in aerospace. After months of having his Born Again Christianity shoved down my throat, he opened his desk drawer and accidentally exposed a stack of Club, Penthouse and Hustler magazines. Never heard a word about Christ again after that.
Old 05-27-15, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 521 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
Dude, those are rough numbers, especially your AC score. I was feeling crappy when I hit 8.3, I can't imagine what you were feeling. At least we know what you are doing when you are not posting... that you are probably peeing. Like peeing all the time.
That's what I was thinking too. creek, I have diabetes too and it's no fun when your numbers go off kilter. So far I have avoided being insulin dependent, but I can sure tell when I am not firing on all cylinders. Fortunately, the BP medication I take actually makes my BP lower than normal--the doc is talking about taking me off of them.

Peace.
Old 05-27-15, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 142 Posts

I have known only one Born Again Christian well in my lifetime, and he ended up losing my life savings, so my track record is 0% right now with them.
Old 05-27-15, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nando820 View Post
Here is a link to the police report. You can read in detail what he did

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/j...ears-old-59145
Whole lotta sheet lifting going on at night at the Duggars
Old 05-27-15, 03:04 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

^ye...ah years touching his little sisters breasts and "privates"....I dunno if I was Christian I would disown him from the church club

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.