DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Summer 2015 -- Any vacations planned? Where are you going? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/625625-summer-2015-any-vacations-planned-where-you-going.html)

DJariya 03-09-15 12:47 AM

Summer 2015 -- Any vacations planned? Where are you going?

Can't believe that summer will be here fairly soon.

Just wanted to see if anyone here has any vacations planned this summer and if so, where do you plan to go?

International trip, traveling within the U.S./Canada or Mexico or if you have no money/time to take any trips.

As for me, June 1st is the day. Will be flying overseas to Hong Kong, then I will be flying to Thailand for 8 nights and lastly, I will be going into Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam and staying there for 4 nights. Grand total over 2 weeks. Spent about $2500 bucks total for airline tickets and hotels. So stoked to get away. I've been working non-stop since early August of last year and really need the time off.

I usually block off anywhere from 1-2 weeks every summer to take some kind of trip. Haven't been to Europe yet, hopefully that will be in the cards in a few years. Prefer Asia since it's more affordable.

Why So Blu? 03-09-15 01:13 AM

Re: Summer 2015 -- Any vacations planned? Where are you going?

I'll probably be traveling within the states this time out. I wanted to go to Mexico again but may not be able to this year. I know I'll be in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming fairly soon. I want to partake of their regional craft brews while visiting. Granted, I've already sampled stuff from Idaho and Utah but not from the others. If time allows during some of the exploring in Idaho and Wyoming I may trek over to Montana. I'm not sure yet.

Ringmaster 03-09-15 01:32 AM

I'm saving up money for a house so this year I'll be taking a Staycation and watching movies while drinking good beer.

kahuna415 03-09-15 02:03 AM

I'm coming home to States from Taiwan. Not really a vacation, but a new start after living here for 5 years.

Shannon Nutt 03-09-15 06:55 AM

Won't be summer yet, but I'm flying out to Star Wars Celebration in April.

james2025a 03-09-15 07:56 AM

Well i have been talking to the wife about this. The options were down to Chicago or San Francisco. As much as i love Chicago i have not been to San Francisco and been wanting to go for ages. So looks like we will head there in July. I managed to wrangle the wife a job working at the University where i work, so her vacation time will be easier in the future. I plan on spending about a week in the city and then taking a few days out to drive to Yosemite and Sequoia. We really should not be vacationing as we need to get bills paid, and hoping to go to England at Christmas, which is always expensive, but we all need a break. Should be good. The one other place i really wanted to travel to was Colorado to have a drive around for a while. One place i really want to move to...even though i have never visited. Just never heard a bad thing about the place.

scorpion 03-09-15 08:43 AM

Getting married early this summer, so I will be honeymooning somewhere in the Caribbean.

Sdallnct 03-09-15 08:52 AM

Oh, I have no specific plan yet. Though likely a trip to Vegas is in order.

It often depends on where I'm working. Last summer I was working outside Philly so not only did I hit up the touristy stuff there, but took the train into NYC and did Atlantic City one weekend.

DVDMagic 03-09-15 08:52 AM

Seriously right now I'd take a long weekend a the beach - probably Myrtle Beach since we're familiar with the area. Money is tight unfortunately. Either that or head in the other direction and get a cabin in the mountains which are slightly closer depending on where we go

dan30oly 03-09-15 09:10 AM

Going to GB for a month and cycling John O'Groats to Lands End.

Geofferson 03-09-15 09:34 AM

Nothing too outlandish. Might plan a few days up in the Boundary Waters. If time permits, may make a road trip to the Black Hills.

RichC2 03-09-15 09:40 AM

Nothing set in stone, but probably going to hop around Europe sometime this summer. I'm basically timing it more on cheap airfare (Thanks Google Flights) than anything. Kind of bummed I missed all the $450 r/t airfare to Oslo.

CRM114 03-09-15 10:15 AM

Martha's Vineyard, same as every year.

Hokeyboy 03-09-15 10:32 AM

Heading up to Anchorage, Alaska in June to run the Midnight Sun Marathon and do a TON of sightseeing.

In August the wife and I are celebrated our anniversary by spending a few days in Nashville. I'm more looking forward to this than Alaska, and I'm looking forward to Alaska a LOT!

Labor Day weekend we always spend in Disneyland Anaheim for the Half Marathon weekend events.

I might visit my sister in San Francisco for a few days in July, but not solidified yet.

Ky-Fi 03-09-15 10:40 AM

I haven't been anywhere in a million years, but this June I'm spending a week hiking in Ireland with a couple old pals!

General Zod 03-09-15 10:49 AM

2 cruises on tap this year. First will be just up the west coast and the second will be starting in Australia and going up into the south pacific islands (New Caledonia, Vanuatu, etc..). Both trips are free (minus air) so can't complain about that :)

raven56706 03-09-15 11:15 AM

no where... possibly buying two cars this year and going to disney around christmas time

mrhan 03-09-15 11:20 AM

UK or Oahu this summer. Most likely UK because we have a family thing in Oahu in October. I don't really want to go to HI twice in a year.

DaveNinja 03-09-15 11:54 AM

camping around the start of august/end of july

disneyland at the end of august/start of sept

The Cow 03-09-15 11:58 AM

So far...

Cleveland in April (more of a long weekend concert trip), Hawaii in July

Deftones 03-09-15 01:07 PM

oceanside, ca beach house for the second year in a row.

Quake1028 03-09-15 02:41 PM

You've worked non-stop for 7 whole months?? You poor, poor soul.....

;)

stvn1974 03-09-15 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 12417145)
Won't be summer yet, but I'm flying out to Star Wars Celebration in April.

Harrison Ford isn't the pilot by chance?

CRM114 03-10-15 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy (Post 12417306)
Heading up to Anchorage, Alaska in June to run the Midnight Sun Marathon and do a TON of sightseeing.

In August the wife and I are celebrated our anniversary by spending a few days in Nashville. I'm more looking forward to this than Alaska, and I'm looking forward to Alaska a LOT!

Labor Day weekend we always spend in Disneyland Anaheim for the Half Marathon weekend events.

I might visit my sister in San Francisco for a few days in July, but not solidified yet.

Are you looking forward to spending time with your wife or spending time in Nashville? I was completely underwhelmed by Nashville and ready to bail after a day or two.

Kevin Phillips 03-10-15 08:55 AM

Going to St. Lucia for a week. Coconut Bay beach resort. It's a family friendly all-inclusive resort. Our son is 5 years old, so our vacation choices are based on the availability of activities for kids his age.