Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Super-Fit Mom Is Being Criticized For An Instagram Picture Critics Say Is Fat Shaming

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion and Politics

Super-Fit Mom Is Being Criticized For An Instagram Picture Critics Say Is Fat Shaming

Old 01-23-15, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta love the amount of butthurt her pic has generated.

A Super-Fit Mom Is Being Criticized For An Instagram Picture Critics Say Is Fat Shaming

The 33-year-old has been ripped apart online for a picture she shared of her with her 6-year-old daughter last year on Instagram that read: “I have a kid, a six pack and no excuse.”

Though it was originally posted in February, the picture resurfaced recently after Pell placed fourth in a World Beauty Fitness & Fashion bodybuilding competition.

The East Sussex native was flooded with comments calling her “shameless,” with one person saying, “This is fat shaming, pure and simple. Exploiting your motherhood to show off is despicable and shameless,” the Daily Mail reported.

Another added: “This is so demeaning — I bet she doesn’t have to work for a living.”

In a post on Facebook, Pell defended the picture, saying that her objective wasn’t to belittle, but to encourage.

The message I want to portray is for all the women/mums/girl who aren’t happy or confident with themselves and the reason they don’t try to do anything about it is because they think it’ll be too hard or even impossible to get results.

Everyone could make excuses, too many people think it’s easier not to try than to risk failure. It’s not the case. I don’t want to make other women feel bad about themselves, I want them to look at me and think, if she can do it so can I. Because you can!

She added that she sometimes wants to spend her nights snacking and watching TV, but that it’s “about priorities.”

“It’s not easy but it’s a lot easier than looking in the mirror every day and not feeling happy with the reflection staring back at you,” she wrote.

Pell originally got into weight training after weight-loss plans like the Atkins Diet and South Beach Diet left her feeling starved while she tried to lose 50 pounds of post-pregnancy weight.

“I decided to have just one last push, so I started lifting weights, and I was astonished at the results that came so quickly,” she said. “My bum was firmer, arms more defined and my abs were showing. Now going to the gym is where I have my ‘me-time,’ which all mums know they need.”

Despite the hate, Pell says she doesn’t regret posting the controversial picture, which was inspired by her daughter saying she looked like Wonder Woman.

“On reflection, I can see why it caused a little controversy,” she told People. “I could have picked a different caption, true, but would I have reached as many people if I did?”

And since the picture went viral, Pell has also seen tons of support from fans around the world.

She’s also sticking to her guns that you can be a busy mom and still find time to exercise.

“An hour’s workout is only 4% of your whole day, and when you look at it, that’s not hard to fit in somewhere,” she added.
Old 01-23-15, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Super-Fit Mom Is Being Criticized For An Instagram Picture Critics Say Is Fat Sha

“It’s not easy but it’s a lot easier than looking in the mirror every day and not feeling happy with the reflection staring back at you,” she wrote.
So fat people are the strong ones..
Old 01-23-15, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Super-Fit Mom Is Being Criticized For An Instagram Picture Critics Say Is Fat Sha

Milf
Old 01-23-15, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Old 01-23-15, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 01-23-15, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

She's fit but the problem I have is that does chick have to always lift weights while she wears a shit ton of make-up on?

You can scoop it off with a spoon from the looks of it.
Old 01-23-15, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
She's fit but the problem I have is that does chick have to always lift weights while she wears a shit ton of make-up on?

It's almost like she's obsessed with her appearance.
Old 01-23-15, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So damn true.
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
It's almost like she's obsessed with her appearance.
Smoking body but I wonder what she looks like without make-up.
DVD Talk Hero

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

A woman obsessed with her appearance? What is the world coming to?

This is further proof that people bitch about everything.
Old 01-23-15, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm tired of every time someone posts a picture of themselves in good shape or of some accomplishment they are proud of, "the other side" automatically thinks its to shame them.
Old 01-23-15, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Make up and plastic surgery

Old 01-23-15, 10:27 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
I'm tired of every time someone posts a picture of themselves in good shape or of some accomplishment they are proud of, "the other side" automatically thinks its to shame them.
So now you're trying to shame those who shame? Shame on you!
Old 01-23-15, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, she's not vain at all.

I don't think I was shaming. I just don't see the point of a chick wearing a fucking ton of make-up while hitting the bench press.
Old 01-23-15, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Who is the other side? Fat people? Oh, so now you hate fat people?

Old 01-23-15, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

It's Instagram, it's practically everybody doing their own personal photo shoots so I get it, as stupid as the make-up at the gym combo is.
Old 01-23-15, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
This is further proof that people bitch about everything.
Twitter, Instagram and Facebook has given everyone a voice.. and they're all collectively using that voice to whine about everything.
Old 01-23-15, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
So now you're trying to shame those who shame? Shame on you!
Who is the other side? Fat people? Oh, so now you hate fat people?

Actually the "other side" is anyone so insecure to shame someone. Wait? What? Now I'm lost on who is shaming who and who I'm made at. Dammit!!
Old 01-23-15, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

"Fat shaming?" Is that what we have come to? This belongs in the thread with people who can't pee around other people bitching about the Rob Lowe commercial. Jesus.
Old 01-23-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

For some reason I feel shamed even though I am thin male....I really need help
Old 01-23-15, 10:42 AM
RIP

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
Make up and plastic surgery

Doesn't even look human.

Would fuck. With a rubber, but would fuck.
Old 01-23-15, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it has gotten ridiculous. Everything is not a personal attack.
Old 01-23-15, 10:46 AM
Banned

Damn you men for forcing women to hate themselves for trying to live up to the standards of beauty forced upon them by male appreciation to where they hate other women. Shame on all you fucks.

Seriously though... bitches be crazy.

Her face is iffy cuz of makeup but her abs are pretty nice.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 01-23-15 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-23-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
Yeah, it has gotten ridiculous. Everything is not a personal attack.
People who cry "shaming" and "bullying" all the time need to look up those words in the dictionary.
Old 01-23-15, 10:50 AM
RIP

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

She kind of looks like Jigsaw...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.