Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Christmas 2014 (What did you get?)

Old 12-24-14, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Christmas 2014 (What did you get?)

So far I have received a Xbox One, Madden 15, NBA Live 15, FIFA 15, a couple of Blu-Ray movies and some socks. We open presents in the morning and we go to my Sister-In law's house tomorrow to open presents. This is the most I have gotten in many, many years. I have been truly blessed this year.

The one thing missing is my Mom. This will be the third year she's been gone and this time of year just isn't the same without her. I would trade everything and more just to have one more Christmas with her.
Old 12-24-14, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Re: Christmas 2014 (What did you get?)

Be sure to send a friend request my way once you get your ONE set up, Sonny.

Haven't gotten my gifts yet (later tonight/tomorrow morning, depending on the giver), but I know I'm mostly getting Amazon gift cards, as that's all I asked for. My relatives know better than to try and buy me something, due to the risk I may already have it. Also getting some Cinemark gift cards, as they just opened a brand-new one about a mile from my apartment.
Old 12-24-14, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nothing, and I won't be either. But I bought some friends an Anova Precision Cooker (Bluetooth Sous Vide thing) which seems cool as hell (to me at least), they're cooks so I better get some good meals out of it.
Old 12-24-14, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

My wife and I are pretty much past the gift-giving stage of Christmas. It's more about family gatherings and plenty of alcohol to dull said gatherings.
Old 12-24-14, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

So far just the Bigger Blacker Box from Cards Against Humanity, two expansion packs at the 10 Days or Whatever of Kwanza stuff.
Old 12-24-14, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

8 ball, anal sex and a money laundering operation.
Old 12-24-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Did they come with gift receipts?
Old 12-24-14, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My wife and I don't exchange presents at this stage. We don't even get anything for family members or friends either. We just focus on getting stuff for the kid.

I *might* get a gift card of some sort from a friend that I usually exchange presents with, but even that is up in the air. Not a huge deal either way.
Old 12-24-14, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
I think you are confusing yourself with EddieMoney
Old 12-25-14, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Two rain jackets one from my parents one from my In-laws
Old 12-25-14, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From mom:
Old 12-25-14, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also more candy, a nice old man style pocket knife and 800ish in gift cards and cash.
Old 12-25-14, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got my Christmas present a few days early... on Monday Night.
Old 12-25-14, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper View Post
My wife and I don't exchange presents at this stage. We don't even get anything for family members or friends either. We just focus on getting stuff for the kid.

I *might* get a gift card of some sort from a friend that I usually exchange presents with, but even that is up in the air. Not a huge deal either way.
I have seen a few people say that. If at the point someone can just get what they need or want getting it for a gift may just feel forced.
Old 12-25-14, 07:37 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 12-25-14, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post
I got my Christmas present a few days early... on Monday Night.
Hell yeah! Got me a Still jersey from the donation drive for Christmas.
Old 12-25-14, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga

What did I get...well, I got told by my brother, pretty much the only family I have, that Christmas is cancelled. He obviously thinks he's special enough that he can just declare an international holiday null and void just because he's pissed off. And why is he pissed off? Because he's a petty, inconsiderate, self-absorbed, ill-tempered, abusive, unemployed bully who didn't get his way when he wanted to get it. He gets this way any and every time someone doesn't jump when he says. The world revolves around him, and he knows it all. Therapy? Counseling? Meds? He doesn't need 'em. He's just fine. That's why he has a son whose life he screwed up, a daughter who barely talks to him, and a wife who he found out recently was seeking comfort elsewhere, before she got grounded from every bit of social media and pretty much completely controlled and under his constant watchful eye.

So, I'm here watching TV, and I'll probably go get some Chinese later. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-14, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got some money, a nice wallet and some neat stocking stuffers. But most of all I got my family, healthy, and ready to spend Christmas Day together. I'm also meeting up with my Godsons later in the day. I'm feeling blessed!

Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post
What did I get...well, I got told by my brother, pretty much the only family I have, that Christmas is cancelled. He obviously thinks he's special enough that he can just declare an international holiday null and void just because he's pissed off. And why is he pissed off? Because he's a petty, inconsiderate, self-absorbed, ill-tempered, abusive, unemployed bully who didn't get his way when he wanted to get it. He gets this way any and every time someone doesn't jump when he says. The world revolves around him, and he knows it all. Therapy? Counseling? Meds? He doesn't need 'em. He's just fine. That's why he has a son whose life he screwed up, a daughter who barely talks to him, and a wife who he found out recently was seeking comfort elsewhere, before she got grounded from every bit of social media and pretty much completely controlled and under his constant watchful eye.

So, I'm here watching TV, and I'll probably go get some Chinese later. Merry Christmas!
I'm sorry! That really sounds like a shitty Christmas. I hope that your brother gets the help that he needs.
Old 12-25-14, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Me: Nespresso Vertuoline, PS4, Far Cry 4, LL Bean Katahdin sweatshirt, two merino wool base layers. That's quite a haul.

Wife: 7 quart Kitchen Aid (she wanted this), UE Boom bluetooth speaker, LuluLemon tennis / workout stuff

13 year old daughter: really nice ukelele w / case, 10 hole Doc Martins in classic black (the same shoes I wore in high school, some things never change!), lots of stuff from Lush (makeup), Guns n' Roses t-shirt (I asked her to name one GnR song, no dice), a bunch of other clothing

10 year old daughter: iPad mini 2 64, American Girl Doll stuff, Mip robot, Russian tortoise w/ enclosure (this is a long haul gift, we realize. They live to be 70+).

Last edited by Hiro11; 12-25-14 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-25-14, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The kiddo got:

Lego Friends Mall
American Girls doll
Pikachu stuffed toy
Some Disney BDs
Some new Jeans from Old Navy

Wife got:

Amazon Fire stick
Apple TV
Starbucks coffee
Candy

I got:

Carolina Panthers Gloves, Panthers gloves, Panthers steering wheel cover and Panthers Pillow pet (!)
Candy

And the coolest thing is a kit from www.23andme.com. It's a DNA kit that we saw on PBS on the show "Finding Your Roots", where you can send it in and get a breakdown of your lineage to see where your ancestors are from. I'm adopted and have always wondered about my family history. I'm pretty excited to do this!

Finally, hoping for a late Christmas present of a Panthers win this weekend at Atlanta to get in the playoffs!
Old 12-25-14, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Pointyskull View Post
My wife and I are pretty much past the gift-giving stage of Christmas. It's more about family gatherings and plenty of alcohol to dull said gatherings.
Yup. Same for us. Usually we do stuff around the house. This year it was garage racks. Probably will be a new washer too, because the old one has the seal leaking in front and I have already replaced it once.

Plus, once we have kids, we just focused on getting them stuff.
Old 12-25-14, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That sucks.

I feel your pain, although totally different circumstances for me.

Merry Christmas to you Infidel.
Old 12-25-14, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ug. You deserve better. Try to have a merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-14, 11:38 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

iPhone 6+ 128 Gb
XBOX One
games
gift cards
money
dinner at my favorite place near me, The Stadium
Old 12-25-14, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got nothing from Santa this year. He caught me jerking off on Jennifer Lawrence's leaked pics.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.