Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Third party website to track investments -- looking for finance.yahoo.com replacement

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Third party website to track investments -- looking for finance.yahoo.com replacement

Old 11-10-14, 11:40 AM

I've been using finance.yahoo.com for years to track investments from various accounts. When I set it up it was one of the few websites that was doing that sort of thing. Recently though it seems more and more I'm receiving errors when trying to access it and it is buggy even when I can (pretty sure it is the site that will occasionally lock up the browser). Anyway, I was wondering what people recommend/use to track their stocks? I know a couple of my banks/investment sites will allow me to upload data from other places, but I would prefer a "third party" site that is not related to actual trading. Mainly because I like to leave the tracker open in a browser window and would prefer not to stay logged into a site that can actually make changes not to mention most of those places have an auto logout.

TIA
Old 11-10-14, 11:51 AM
Banned

Re: Third party website to track investments -- looking for finance.yahoo.com replace

So this isn't spam?
Old 11-10-14, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Third party website to track investments -- looking for finance.yahoo.com replace

I think Google Finance does the same thing Yahoo Finance does. I believe they also have "live" quotes.
Old 11-10-14, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
So this isn't spam?
Only if you brought them a meal.
Old 11-10-14, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm very disappointed with the change to Yahoo's charts. I like to check Williams %R, and it seems to be missing now. I've gone over to Google.
Old 11-10-14, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

if you are not entirely opposed to buying something

http://www.quotestream.com/
Old 11-11-14, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love:

Finviz

you can put in your stocks, hover over the tickers and charts pop up, and set up multiple portfolios if you want.
Old 11-11-14, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wikinvest