Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

grundle presents: the Lena Dunham super thread!

Old 11-03-14, 12:48 PM
Political Exile

grundle presents: the Lena Dunham super thread!

Lena Dunham has threatened to sue Truth Revolt for quoting her book. She claims that the information in the quotes is false. However, the quotes are an exact and accurate copy of what was in her book. This makes me wonder if she lied in her book. The article includes the relevant quotes from her book, which I won't post here, because I don't want DVD Talk to get sued.

Source: http://www.truthrevolt.org/commentar...lt-quoting-her

In addition, Dunham has named a man in her book whom she claims raped her, but she refuses to answer questions from police. This makes me wonder if she lied about being raped. The article includes the name of her alleged rapist, which I won't post here, because he may in fact not be a rapist at all.

Source: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...alleged-rapist

Last edited by grundle; 11-03-14 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-03-14, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Lena Dunham threatens to sue website for slander because it accurately quoted her

Great sources there!!!

Old 11-03-14, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Lena Dunham threatens to sue website for slander because it accurately quoted her

Her honey boo boo?
Old 11-03-14, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 11-03-14, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think this lawsuit from Dunham will have any legs. I read the original column Truth Revolt posted and it's very clear they were only pulling quotes from her book and analyzing them. Misanalyzing? That's up to you to decide. But they didn't misquote her at all.

With that said, Truth Revolt is mostly garbage. They're worse than Gawker when it comes to taking things to extremes.
Old 11-03-14, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Great sources there!!!

Perhaps a scan of the relevant page in the book would be helpful?

USA Today picked up the story as well.

Lena Dunham is mad.

She's angry that some stories in her memoir, Not That Kind of Girl, which came out in September, are being highlighted and questioned.

Buzzfeed lays it all out. What's at issue are passages in the Girls star's book in which she details some early sexual/body experimentation with her sister, Grace.

National Review writer Kevin Williamson describes it as "sexual abuse," adding it's "the sort of thing that gets children taken away from non-millionaire families without Andover pedigrees and Manhattanite social connections."

Dunham writes of casually masturbating while in bed next to her younger sister, of bribing her with "three pieces of candy if I could kiss her on the lips for five seconds … anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying."
Old 11-03-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If Rob V. quotes her in his .sig, will she get banned from DVD Talk too?
Old 11-03-14, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also, we learned that she used to carry her sister around (thus admitting she was a kidnapper), spilled orange juice on the carpet (vandal), tossed a stuffed animal at her mom (physical abuser), had trouble writing her name (illiterate), and took cookies from the pantry before dinner (burglar).

Personally, I'm not surprised once I learned about her parent's sexually abusing the kids. As I understand it, her mom made the babies kiss her boobs right after they were born so she could "feed them" (Yeah right!) or such nonsense. I'm still trying to get this confirmed, but I hear that the babies were force to soil themselves instead of using a bathroom right after they were born... I hear this humiliating abuse lasted at least a year or two.

Hopefully Grundle can use his sources to find out if the children bathed together while the parents watched over them.
Old 11-03-14, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post
Dude... why are you insulting her parents...
Old 11-03-14, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I only have a vague idea who she is. I've heard one radio interview. She has a TV drama about college girls, and recently wrote an autobiographical book. Why do conservatives hate Lisa Dunham?

All I can figure is that it's because she described the guy who sorta kinda raped her as a Young Republican. Is that enough for the conservative establishment to try to damage her any way possible?
Old 11-03-14, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
I only have a vague idea who she is. I've heard one radio interview. She has a TV drama about college girls, and recently wrote an autobiographical book. Why do conservatives hate Lisa Dunham?

All I can figure is that it's because she described the guy who sorta kinda raped her as a Young Republican. Is that enough for the conservative establishment to try to damage her any way possible?
I think it has more to do with her shitfest fuckwad TV show.
Old 11-03-14, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I understand that she is also into Liberal activism.
Old 11-03-14, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbuzz View Post
I'm going to spare her... this time.
Old 11-03-14, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Kevin Williamson... He's the fellow who wants to lynch women who have had abortions. And the doctors who performed them. And the clinic staff who assisted them.

Not surprising he's in the thick of this kerfluffle.
Old 11-03-14, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by EddieMoney View Post
I think it has more to do with her shitfest fuckwad TV show.
Lots of boring shows about teen drama. The writers on Supernatural never gets attacked by Breitbart.
Old 11-03-14, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They hate her because she's an uppity bitch who doesn't know her place.
Old 11-03-14, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lots of boring shows about teen drama. The writers on Supernatural never gets attacked by Breitbart.
They're next!
Old 11-03-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here she is with her boo:

Old 11-03-14, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who knew when everyone was telling us that Lena Dunham was the female Woody Allen that they were being quite literal?
Old 11-03-14, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Ding ding ding.
Old 11-03-14, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Can't she just be a bad person instead?
Old 11-03-14, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 11-03-14, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
Here she is with her boo:

Thank God he's blind.
Old 11-03-14, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by printerati View Post
Perhaps a scan of the relevant page in the book would be helpful?

USA Today picked up the story as well.
And now we're making fun you, bro.

/jesusfuckingchrist
Old 11-03-14, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sooo, did she or didn't she?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.