Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Snake with a broken wrist

Old 10-25-14, 04:40 PM
Banned

Snake with a broken wrist

Sooooo.....

I broke my right wrist on the 1st of this month.

Happened at a 2nd job I took in the summer (and have maintained) to help out my mum with some extra cash. A parked forklift in a trailer moved my way after the flooring under the lift fell in and bumped it to roll my way. I barely got out of the way. In the attempt of not getting crushed by it... My forearm got pinned against the trailer wall by the frame of the forklift. And it broke. The radius. A clean break. So yay me.

I heard it pop. No pain. Which I'm fucking thankful for cuz then I would have been bitching like a motherfucker. It's in a cast now.

Out of all this. I can't go to one job cuz they need to be at 100%. So I'm getting compensated by that. Along with that Fucking paperwork out of the fucking ether of who the fuck knows.

The interesting thing about all this? I'm an athletic motherfucker. But... I've never had a broken bone. Almost broke my back years ago though. Now i'm all paranoid about how this thing will heal. So I still work out as much as I can without using the right hand.

I don't know what that's supposed to feel like. I feel like my wrist has pressure on it. At times it hurts. I'm actually kind of worried of how this will heal up. I dunno. I guess I don't know what a broken bone is, so it's all awkward for me. These bits of pain that hit me on the opposite side of the wrist which weird me out cuz I don't know why they are there.

Any advice for a motherfucker with a broken wrist?

Minor note... It's fucking awkward to fuck with a cast.
Old 10-25-14, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Snake with a broken wrist

fap with the other hand
Old 10-25-14, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The fappening claims another victim.
Old 10-25-14, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know. But fuck that truck. I hate it when freight companies don't keep up on their trucks.

Be paranoid about it till it heals.

Were you compensated?
Old 10-25-14, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

You put the fucking cast on yourself, right? Don't sweat it. It will heal and you will always be able to tell when it's about to rain from the fucking pain in your wrist.
Old 10-25-14, 05:03 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
fap with the other hand
Originally Posted by DaveyJoe View Post
The fappening claims another victim.

Already not disappointed in the direction the thread took off the bat.
Old 10-25-14, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did you go to the doctor?

If not, you're dumb.

Whether the company is big or little, they should have at least coughed up $500-$1000 to take care of a cast and checkup.
Old 10-25-14, 05:08 PM
Banned

oh. I went to the hospital for this shit. It was at 3am when this shit happened. I don't know how to repair a broken wrist. I'm with a Orthopedist or whatever now. The docs that fix hands and wrists. The job is paying for anything medical.

Ehhhhh. The paperwork is taking forever. I SHOULD be compensated for what I've lost from the other job. I'm fucking nervous as shit not having the other money coming in.

And from what a friend working around HR there, they want to throw me under the bus to not get compensated for anything. Trying to put it as negligence or some shit. Luckily... he's silently fighting the paperwork they're sending and keeping it on the right. Fucking motherfuckers.
Old 10-25-14, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Get a worker's comp lawyer or at least a consult (get something on the books so you can mention to HR if necessary). And unfortunately, don't trust your friend to do all the paperwork and set it "right".
Old 10-25-14, 05:39 PM
Banned

Oh. Trust me. I am already on that shit. I seriously didn't imagine shit like this was as bad as it stereotypically sounds like it is.

Companies really are cheap fucks, no? And we're a Fortune 500 too. SMgoddamnfuckin'H.

I was going to run the Tough Mudder in Houston on the 1st of next month too. Had to move that shit to May of next year in Austin. I also have 1 run to do in the latter of November and 2 in December. Will probably move those if I can, depending on when this shit clears up with my wrist.
Old 10-25-14, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, good deal. Get better!
Old 10-25-14, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga

Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Minor note... It's fucking awkward to fuck with a cast.
Could make fisting interesting, though.

Spoiler:

Last edited by The Infidel; 10-25-14 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-25-14, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gangrene toe
Broken wrist

What's next?
Old 10-25-14, 07:51 PM
Banned

Actually the toe is good. I waited 2 more weeks and nothing. So I got some the ingrown toe nail clipper and just clipped the black part away like the way america tries to it to the blacks. Little by little, you bitch a bit, and it's tedious to get it out. Amazingly...it didn't hurt. was awkward but my toenail is at around 80%.

This whole wrist thing is so odd. The sensations. Like I can't tell if what I'm feeling is supposed to be good or not.

This cast is going to stink like crazy cuz I'm still working out. And then the atrophy my wrist is going to go through once it's free.
Old 10-25-14, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wut? Flooring fell out of a trailer that you were in, and you got injured as a result?

Fuck that. I would not go back to that jobsite. Call OSHA on their asses.
Old 10-26-14, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Any advice for a motherfucker with a broken wrist?

"My forearm got pinned against the trailer wall by the frame of the forklift. And it broke. The radius. A clean break."
My advice is, don't file a claim for a broken wrist because it will be rejected.
Old 10-26-14, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
Call OSHA on their asses.
Especially if they're a Fortune 500 company. Fuck that.

As I understand, it was the wood flooring in the back of a trailer. It happens when the trailers aren't maintained. When a board looks a little rot-y, you're supposed to replace it (not the whole floor, just the board).

The forklift wheel broke the floorboard and the forklift tipped a little. It happens.

I unloaded a lot of trucks for a no-name freight company. This doesn't happen with aluminum floors. It's probably a 50/50 split on wood/aluminum.

It was so frustrating that deal with that kind of crap. A truck pulls into the dock and you wonder "what's going to happen this time". Glad I don't do it anymore.
Old 10-29-14, 02:08 PM
Banned

My wrist is doing better from what it started but I've these weird sensations on the other side of the wrist where it isn't broken. I broke the radius but the other side sometimes hurts. And the radius itself feels odd too. Is that normal? Is just cuz the wrist is broken and everything is kind of sensitive or what?

For some reason I feel like it's going to heal wrong in this cast. Which scares me. Cuz I like to do endurance races and well... it's my wrist. I have to use it.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 10-29-14 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-29-14, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know, medicine is not an exact science, but we are learning all the time. Why, just fifty years ago, they thought an issue like your broken wrist was caused by demonic possession or witchcraft. But nowadays we know that you're suffering from an imbalance of bodily humors, perhaps caused by a toad or a small dwarf living in your stomach.

(stolen from Steve Martin)
Old 10-29-14, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As someone that has broken, shall we say, several bones in the past, including my left arm more than once, I can tell you that what you are describing does seem normal to me. Keep up with your doctor visits, they should be taking x-rays every time. Also keep in mind that the whole point of the cast is to keep the bones from moving, so try to take it easy with that wrist. Good that you are going to an orthopedist. Since it is workmans comp, personally I would, and have, found the best one in the area and go to him. When the cast comes off, don't over do it. Do therapy, and your excercise as recommended. Strength will return in time.
Out of everything I have broken in the past, I still need to look outside to see if I am going to need an umbrella.
Old 10-29-14, 04:31 PM
Banned

How long do you guess I'll be out of commission? It's about to be a month on the 1st. I visit the doc next on the 11th. Hopefully to take off the cast. But I dunno. Pisses me off so much that this happened. Fucks up my plans for however long this is taking over my life.

I had to move 1 race already. I don't want to move 2 more in December.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 10-29-14 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-29-14, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My wrist is doing better from what it started but I've these weird sensations on the other side of the wrist where it isn't broken. I broke the radius but the other side sometimes hurts. And the radius itself feels odd too. Is that normal? Is just cuz the wrist is broken and everything is kind of sensitive or what?

For some reason I feel like it's going to heal wrong in this cast. Which scares me. Cuz I like to do endurance races and well... it's my wrist. I have to use it.

that sensation is your little fap monsters telling you to go ahead and fap.
Old 10-29-14, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 10-29-14, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've only broken one bone - the carpal-something in my hand. The cast included my wrist to keep things from moving. I don't recall the sensations you're describing (due to time, I guess), but the one thing I DO recall is when I got the cast off. Stupidly, my first instinct was to bend my wrist to see how my hand was doing. The pain from that was far worse than when I broke the bone. I'm surprised that I wasn't told NOT to do any abrupt movements right away. So, learn from my mistake and don't so that when ya get the cast off.
Old 11-05-14, 01:18 PM
Banned

I go to the Doc on Tuesday. My cast is getting dirty pretty bad now. All the sweat from working out and work.

My skin is peeling off a bit around the edges of the two open areas. First it was my knuckles but my thumb and behind the knuckles are starting to peel off a bit too. I guess this is normal? I clean the area a few times a day too. So now it looks like my hand is going to a shade of pink instead of Mexican brown. Goddamn this broken wrist fucking my shit up.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.