Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics
View Poll Results: What's the latest you went to bed?
12am
0%
1am
0%
2am
1.85%
3am
0%
4am
0%
5am
3.70%
6am
1.85%
7am
5.56%
8am
3.70%
9am
0%
later than 9am the next day...
74.07%
What are you high?
9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

What's the latest you went to bed?

Old 10-12-14, 01:25 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

What's the latest you went to bed?

once when i was a kid i was on the phone with a girlfriend till the sun cam out, like 6-6:30.

but stayed in line for Grateful Dead tickets. went to bed like 11 or 12 the next day.
Old 10-12-14, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: What's the latest you went to bed?

It's 2:40, the party's over, and all the guests have gone home. I still need to brush my teeth, so it will be past 3 AM tonight.
Old 10-12-14, 06:24 AM
Banned

My Fridays are fucked up. I wake up at 11am on Thursday. Stay up all day Friday. Then pass out usually at 10 for a few hours.
Old 10-12-14, 07:23 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Hasn't everyone pulled an all-nighter at least a few hundred times in their life?
Old 10-12-14, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I did stayed awake a bit over 36 hours one time. Not fun....
Old 10-12-14, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Hasn't everyone pulled an all-nighter at least a few hundred times in their life?
for school, no. in vegas, yes. many times.
Old 10-12-14, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not me. There have only been a few times in my whole life that I've been up more than 24 hours. Never did it for school because I get stupid when I stay up too long.
Old 10-12-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If I'm up after 10.. then it's late. Usually closer to 9.
Old 10-12-14, 10:19 AM
Banned

I have pulled many all-nighters in my younger years when I was addicted to video games. I would sometimes quite literally stay up all night playing them. Especially with games like Civilization, I would only intend to play a few hours, and then I would lose track of time, and the next thing I know it is 6 AM. Anyone who has ever played a Civ game knows what I am talking about. Those games are essentially digital crack cocaine. Once you start it is impossible to stop.
Old 10-12-14, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've never stayed up all night for school, as studying like that never worked well for me. I've done all nighters in Vegas, and for video game LAN parties back when I was younger where i'd go home around 9 the next morning.
Old 10-12-14, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have been awake for days at a time. It usually end with a trip to the ER. Bi-polar disorder is fun.
Old 10-12-14, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

stayed up 52 hours straight once. it was pretty weird.
Old 10-12-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

For the poll to have any real meaning we would all have to work the same hours. Otherwise the result is going to be "after 9am" answer most everyone is selecting.
Old 10-12-14, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I was in my early 20s, there were multiple times when I'd wake up around 7 AM on Friday, go to class, then go to work, then go home and eat, then go out and stay out all night at the club\bar. I'd then drive directly to work and do a full 8 hours there. On a couple of occasions, I even went out all night Saturday night too, without sleep or stimulants, other than coffee, honest! But it wasn't common.

I'm a third-party IT consultant. 99% of my customers are small businesses, so it's better for them for me to do my work outside business hours. Because of this, I've gotten in the habit of not going to bed until 4AM-ish, then waking up at 10AM-ish.

Last edited by Rex Fenestrarum; 10-12-14 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-12-14, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

These days, three, four, five, six, ten etc.....basically anything depending on the way. I have days where I have gotten to sleep late I gotten up two three hours later. Nothing I can do day after day or anything. I like to get five to six hours of sleep.

I'm also NOT an atomic clock so I can adjust my sleep patterns on a whim.

Originally Posted by Kurtie Dee View Post
stayed up 52 hours straight once. it was pretty weird.
That's a bit more then my max and things do get a little odd. However it's easier for me to be up longer once I was a bit older vs younger for some reason.
Old 10-12-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We should discuss your coke problem.

I used to always stay up as long as I could (for work). But I found that it always causes less productivity, weight gain, and all kinds of other health problems. And nothing would really get done by putting myself through that, which can't get done with a healthy night's sleep. Now, I like to get 7-8 hours of sleep and get back up first thing in the morning.
Old 10-12-14, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was up for nearly 48 hours once when I was 19. I was working shit jobs and partied like crazy the night before.
Old 10-12-14, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In college once I was up all night working on a programming project, it was a group project, there were 4 of us, each working on different parts of the program. We were up all night working on it until the last minute, when we presented it at like 10AM the next morning. We got an A. Then I went home and crashed.
Old 10-12-14, 04:29 PM

Back during school I had a final project I was working one time that kept me up about 3 days w/ only something like 3 hours of sleep. I think my record, as part of that stint, is 50 something hours. Only did that once though Been awhile since I've needed to pull an all nighter, but frequently I'll be able to survive on only 3-4 hours of sleep.
Old 10-12-14, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

When I was younger up for 2 1/2 days partying (no cocaine involved).
Old 10-12-14, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Good old times. Sleep wasn't that important back then.
Old 10-12-14, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I once stayed up for 41 hours straight, the last three of which I spent driving alone in a snowstorm. I don't think I've done anything dumber in my life.
Old 10-12-14, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Driving tired is so fucking dangerous. I had two really close calls (sleepy time). Nobody wants to know who was with me when it happened (nor have they been told). I never figured out if I dozed off for two seconds or five minutes. I don't know how I survived. Lesson learned.
Old 10-12-14, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Driving tired is so fucking dangerous. I had two really close calls (sleepy time). Nobody wants to know who was with me when it happened (nor have they been told). I never figured out if I dozed off for two seconds or five minutes. I don't know how I survived. Lesson learned.
Definitely. I'm not proud of that decision, though I actually never felt sleepy on the drive. I think it was because the snow storm had me really focused on the road the whole time. The mind does funny things when you haven't slept though and the whole drive felt pretty surreal.

I actually fell asleep driving alone on the highway in an entirely separate incident. There was no reason for me to be tired. I was well-rested and felt completely fine, but a wave of tiredness just hit me hard and suddenly. The left-shoulder rumble strips woke me up, but I over-compensated and jerked the wheel too hard, careening off of the right shoulder at about 70mph. My car got really messed up, but incredibly, I walked away without so much as a scratch. Thankfully, no other vehicles were around because I easily could have killed someone, not to mention myself. It makes me sick to think about what could have happened.

Needless to say, now if I feel even remotely tired while driving I pull off as soon as I can and nap in the car until I'm refreshed.
Old 10-12-14, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I know what I'm doing for my next vacation: 72 hours awake, 24 hours reward-sleep.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.