Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Woman Can't Find a Date Online and Blames the Internet

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Woman Can't Find a Date Online and Blames the Internet

Old 10-06-14, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Woman Can't Find a Date Online and Blames the Internet

I love creating Bucket List items for myself and forcing myself to try new things, like cooking (that's a thing, right?)
I like to talk about things and never do them. Also I can't cook.

I am addicted to iced coffee, my four year-old niece, 90s music and peanut butter smoothies.
I am annoying, baby crazy, and like to drink things with lots of calories and talk about said calories.

And The Muppets
I might be down for furry stuff.

Most of the time, I'd rather watch Hulu in bed with my highly-intelligent cat,
I have horrible taste in movies and lots and lots and lots of stories about my cat to tell you.

but have forced myself to play softball, try clean eating, run a 5K and write about how life is awkward
I played softball one, ate at a vegan restaurant once and ran a 5k once (10 years ago). Also I have a blog I expect you to read daily.

I am looking for a guy who also believes that life is awkward, and will force me to get on a roller coaster for the first time
I want a nerd who is movie star handsome, doesn't have a lot of friends to compete with for time and someone who has had experience herding cattle.
Old 10-06-14, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
Old 10-06-14, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm a loser ... I thought the profile was entertaining (although she admits she didn't write it) and several of her interests coincide with mine. By the pictures she is relatively cute and curvy ... I'd date her.

She said she likes watching movies in bed, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Particularly since she said she likes finding "bucket list" items and trying them. She is an introvert, but an adventurous one. Sounds like a fun person to me.
Old 10-06-14, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I love creating a Bucket of KFC chicken pieces for myself and forcing myself to try
new things, like cooking (that's a thing, right?) I'm addicted to hamburgers and
papas fritas, my four year-old lamb, 90s music and peanut butter smoothies. And the
muppets. Most of the time, I'd rather eat Hawaii in bed with my highly-intelligent Mr. Bigglesworth, but have forced myself to play football, try clean eating (pff yeah right), run 2 blocks and write about how life is awkward. I'm looking for a guy who also believes that life is awkward, and will force me to get on a bungee cord for the first time.
Old 10-06-14, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
I'm a loser ... I thought the profile was entertaining (although she admits she didn't write it) and several of her interests coincide with mine. By the pictures she is relatively cute and curvy ... I'd date her.

She said she likes watching movies in bed, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Particularly since she said she likes finding "bucket list" items and trying them. She is an introvert, but an adventurous one. Sounds like a fun person to me.
And ten bucks says you'd fall into the "I got some responses from guys who are not my type" category.

This is yet another woman who believes Brad Pitt will be divorcing Angelina Jolie and writing to her OKCupid profile.
Old 10-06-14, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by grundle View Post
I'm obsessed with 80s music, not 90s music.

Even though your political views are completely nuts, paranoid, and borderline racist, that is one good fucking album.
Old 10-06-14, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
And ten bucks says you'd fall into the "I got some responses from guys who are not my type" category.

This is yet another woman who believes Brad Pitt will be divorcing Angelina Jolie and writing to her OKCupid profile.
I think you are dead on Paff ... Although I'm not sure she is rejecting them because she thinks Clooney will be the next one. I think she is rejecting them so she can write the article.
Old 10-06-14, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Fuck, and I just read her profile. She is a bore. It's like pulling teeth for her to try, or to want her to try, new things. I also don't believe she ran a 5k.
Old 10-06-14, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

where's duff beer?
Old 10-06-14, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Key takeaway - she uses the term "force myself" or "force me" three separate times in one paragraph. Sounds like someone who's difficult to deal with to me. I wouldn't want to "force" someone I'm dating to do anything...other than accept my urine into her anal cavity.

She also has a forced smile. That wouldn't be a dealbreaker by itself, but coupled with her profile, she doesn't seem like she's very easy-going or fun.
Old 10-06-14, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

She should have had a guy friend proofread that horrible profile opener. Any dude would have crossed out the cat references.
Old 10-06-14, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
She's cute. I wouldn't do her but if she were 80 lbs lighter then maybe...

I'd let her give me a hummer, but based on her picture, I would be afraid that I might not get my Johnson back.
Old 10-07-14, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This is a perfect example of why chubby girls try to disguise that fact in their profile pics. She doesn't, and is getting no replies. The simple fact is that guys are generally not attracted to big girls, and the ones who are would probably fall into her "not my type" category.

She also list four addictions, and two of them are essentially milkshakes (and the other two are too horrible to consider). Despite trying to throw in some lame references to a 5K and "clean eating" (whatever that is), listing those high-calorie drinks says, "I plan to get even fatter!"

All that said, she seems bright, and has a cute face. I would probably not ever message her on a dating site (because of the weight), but I would probably respond.

And yeah, mentioning your cat is a huge red flag.
Old 10-07-14, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
Key takeaway - she uses the term "force myself" or "force me" three separate times in one paragraph. Sounds like someone who's difficult to deal with to me. I wouldn't want to "force" someone I'm dating to do anything...other than accept my urine into her anal cavity.

She also has a forced smile. That wouldn't be a dealbreaker by itself, but coupled with her profile, she doesn't seem like she's very easy-going or fun.
I agree about the "smile" looking forced, as if her face isn't used to smiling. I assumed she was actually growling.
Old 10-07-14, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 10-07-14, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 10-07-14, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is part of her profile. For some reason, she's baffled she can't get a date.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/xojane...b_5909274.html

Old 10-07-14, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The 'not my type' responses were probably more like "On your knees, slut!" and a dick pic.

But it's pretty sad when a woman only gets two of those.
Old 10-07-14, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

I'm (mostly) an introvert so I might get along well with her, but saying that she watches Hulu kills the deal. (I was very happy to see someone on the Roku forums comment recently: "ANYONE who says they enjoy Hulu+ is either lying, or crazy. In my opinion.") And since she watches it in bed, it's likely she doesn't even have it playing through a real sound system and on a small screen!

My crazy ex-girlfriend, who I met through OKCupid, had "XFiles" in her user name- that SHOULD have been a red flag.
Old 10-07-14, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think this is her resting face:

http://www.xojane.com/author/patrice...um=pubexchange

Old 10-07-14, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Numanoid View Post

And yeah, mentioning your cat is a huge red flag.
Watching television with her highly intelligent cat translates to "cat lady."

It might just be one now, but give her a few years...
Old 10-07-14, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Even though your political views are completely nuts, paranoid, and borderline racist, that is one good fucking album.
I agree.

Old 10-07-14, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

SterlingBen, perfect analysis
Old 10-07-14, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
I like to talk about things and never do them. Also I can't cook.

I am annoying, baby crazy, and like to drink things with lots of calories and talk about said calories.

I have horrible taste in movies and lots and lots and lots of stories about my cat to tell you.

I played softball one, ate at a vegan restaurant once and ran a 5k once (10 years ago). Also I have a blog I expect you to read daily.

I want a nerd who is movie star handsome, doesn't have a lot of friends to compete with for time and someone who has had experience herding cattle.
You got it down. She shouldn't mention the cat at all because with the rest it just gives a Crazy Cat Lady vibe. And no guy wants to hear about the 4 y/o niece. It just tells me that you have to have a baby right away and compete with your sibling or just because your friends already have them.

I like the nerdy introvert part because hey that is me, and she is my type physically. From the looks of the background in the first picture it looks like is a Phillies thing so maybe she is in Philly? I'll take her out on a date. But she probably wants guys that are way way out of her league with muscles and active doing jack shit.

There is a woman where I work that basically is a troll but she only like those gym rats with muscles and the styled hair. I tell my other coworkers that she should just be happy anyone even looks at her.
Old 10-07-14, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake View Post
There is a woman where I work that basically is a troll but she only like those gym rats with muscles and the styled hair. I tell my other coworkers that she should just be happy anyone even looks at her.
And then you're promptly branded a sexist because women believe that men are accepted for who they are and not how they look. It's that rom-com bullshit mentality that really grinds my gears. Women are just as shallow as men. Not all nerdy or fugly guys land a Christina Hendricks type woman. Sometimes, you just have to accept that what you desire is indeed out of your league. No matter how much that hurts.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.