Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Breakfast sausage

Old 10-05-14, 12:45 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Was Phoenix, now Singapore
Posts: 310
Breakfast sausage

I cut the fat and pork.

I prime my mix with a 12oz pack of low fat spicy Jimmy Dean or eqiv.
I add one pound of ground turkey.
One half teaspoon of white pepper.
One half teaspoon of ground anise.
One teaspoon of sage.
One tablespoon of oilive oil.
One half teaspoon of oregano.
One half teaspoon of garlic salt.
A few drops of make syrup.


Of couse, being a man, I never measure, I just guess.

Mix completely. Let "ferment" in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.

Cook when ready.

The result is not too spicy because the spice is lost in all the meat. It tases like super lean pork. The olive oil and spices react to fool your tastebuds.

Your ideas please....
SeekingZen is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 08:12 AM
  #2  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Llama School
Posts: 6,539
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by SeekingZen View Post
Your ideas please....

Hmmmm. Well, I think 97% of what you post is bull shit. Since I am a man, I would take your bull shit, mix it with some Jimmy Deans, throw it in a pan, and sing to some poors, and viola.
Lt Ripley is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 08:37 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 51,940
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by SeekingZen View Post
I cut the fat and pork.

I prime my mix with a 12oz pack of low fat spicy Jimmy Dean or eqiv.
I add one pound of ground turkey.
One half teaspoon of white pepper.
One half teaspoon of ground anise.
One teaspoon of sage.
One tablespoon of oilive oil.
One half teaspoon of oregano.
One half teaspoon of garlic salt.
A few drops of make syrup.


Of couse, being a man, I never measure, I just guess.

Mix completely. Let "ferment" in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.

Cook when ready.

The result is not too spicy because the spice is lost in all the meat. It tases like super lean pork. The olive oil and spices react to fool your tastebuds.

Your ideas please....
Never thought of mixing a more leaner meat like turkey with sausage. Will try.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 09:35 AM
  #4  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,584
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley View Post
Hmmmm. Well, I think 97% of what you post is bull shit. Since I am a man, I would take your bull shit, mix it with some Jimmy Deans, throw it in a pan, and sing to some poors, and viola.
You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?

taffer is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 10:02 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 32,406
Re: Breakfast sausage

Looking at the thread title I thought the discussion was gonna be about morning wood.

Carry on!
TomOpus is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 11:25 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,405
Re: Breakfast sausage

Is this for the .001% of people who make their own sausage?
cungar is online now  
Old 10-05-14, 12:36 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 51,940
Re: Breakfast sausage

Nope, it's for the .999% who cannot make their own sausage.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 12:44 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Re: Breakfast sausage

What about the other 99%?
starman9000 is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 12:45 PM
  #9  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 33,986
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Is this for the .001% of people who make their own sausage?
I would be surprised if it was that high.
Trevor is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 01:28 PM
  #10  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 8,203
Re: Breakfast sausage

The bag of heat-and-eat sausage links from Costco is pretty good.
story is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 01:39 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Liver&Onions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Oregonzola
Posts: 14,294
Re: Breakfast sausage

fennel seeds. Needs fennels seeds.
Liver&Onions is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 07:43 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Rockford IL
Posts: 5,764
Re: Breakfast sausage

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is make syrup?
emanon is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 07:50 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 51,940
Re: Breakfast sausage

Look at Liver&Onions' avatar. That should suffice.
DVD Polizei is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 07:53 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacramento, Calif.
Posts: 13,526
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by story View Post
The bag of heat-and-eat sausage links from Costco is pretty good.
Yeah, this is as far as my sausage making goes.
My Other Self is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 08:16 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 16,581
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by emanon View Post
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is make syrup?
It's the male equivalent of making flowers.
majorjoe23 is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 09:59 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Was Phoenix, now Singapore
Posts: 310
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions View Post
fennel seeds. Needs fennels seeds.
Actually my post was in error. I do use fennel.
SeekingZen is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 10:01 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Was Phoenix, now Singapore
Posts: 310
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
It's the male equivalent of making flowers.
"Maple syrup" This damn ios 8.02 has resulted in a very near non-usable iphone. Most of the time my typing is under the %#* keyboard so I cannot see it.
SeekingZen is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 10:55 PM
  #18  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 33,986
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by SeekingZen View Post
"Maple syrup" This damn ios 8.02 has resulted in a very near non-usable iphone. Most of the time my typing is under the %#* keyboard so I cannot see it.
Yeah, it's quite an annoyance. Worst update yet in terms of these minor but can't believe Apple released it anyway quirks.
Trevor is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 11:15 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
DaveyJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 18,506
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by emanon View Post
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is make syrup?
What the hell is ground anise??
DaveyJoe is offline  
Old 10-05-14, 11:17 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 19,654
Re: Breakfast sausage

Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
What about the other 99%?
We can makes sausage, we just prefer not to. Leaves more time for internet porn and fapping.
Abob Teff is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.