Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Other Talk "Otterville"

Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Old 07-12-14, 12:14 PM
  #101  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: CT
Posts: 5,177
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lfFim4AVmgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-12-14, 12:53 PM
  #102  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Jaymole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: N.Y, N.Y
Posts: 10,123
Received 254 Likes on 142 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

I loved that Russell Brand video.

I liked how the guy on Fox calls these animals dangerous and a nuisance so they need to be killed. I'm imagining these animals parading around like street gangs here in the USA...cursing and pushing people around, maybe some petty crimes here and there. Goddamn fucking nuisances, they need to be shot for fun!
Old 07-12-14, 12:54 PM
  #103  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 20,053
Received 164 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
I think I broke Mabuse.
What part don't you understand? African ranchers poach the animals because they think their livestock are their greatest asset. Meanwhile the villages and ranches that have opened themselves to safari tourism and/or let hunters take game at 10's of thousands of dollars per animal are sustaining themselves very well.
Old 07-12-14, 01:05 PM
  #104  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Posts: 20,053
Received 164 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
The point that most are trying to make is that there's something wrong with people simply getting a thrill out of killing another living creature for no other purpose then to feel empowered. If these people really cared about preservation of these animals, they would donate the money to conservation without killing some of the animals. They are simply using the conservation aspect as a justification to run around and kill things.
How in the hell do you know what their motivation is? How do you know they seek "empowerment"? Re-read Dave's comment. The herds must be culled. If hunters made donations to conservation instead of hunting the animals someone would still have to put down a certain % of the animals. It's capitalism, it's a transaction, people give money (probably more money than they otherwise would) to have the chance to hunt a large species.

Emotion overcomes all reason when people talk about animals.
Old 07-12-14, 02:01 PM
  #105  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
Teenage girls hunting seems to be popular. This girl got a lucky break only to have it snatched away almost instantly.


Belgium Fan Lands and Loses Modeling Gig After World Cup Image Takes Off










If ever there were a story to show the power of viral images—for good and bad—then this it.
Now this one is not guilty. And probably hunted the animals proper. The one in the OP likely scared them to death with her giant forehead and massive chompers.
Old 07-12-14, 04:57 PM
  #106  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 53,737
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

So, I guess Bubbling is already passe and this other sport is replacing it. What should we call it.

Kunting.
Old 07-12-14, 05:35 PM
  #107  
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,046
Received 663 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

She can hunt me with that crooked smile any day ...
Old 07-12-14, 05:48 PM
  #108  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 33,633
Received 620 Likes on 440 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

She's 17 you dirty old bastard.
Old 07-12-14, 05:57 PM
  #109  
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,046
Received 663 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by Kurtie Dee View Post
She better hunt me with that crooked smile today ...
Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
She's 17 you dirty old bastard.
Fixed it for myself.
Old 07-12-14, 05:58 PM
  #110  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
She's 17 you dirty old bastard.
So he's gotta wait a year before he can admit to having a wild hunt with her. Is that so bad?
Old 07-12-14, 06:00 PM
  #111  
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,046
Received 663 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
So he's gotta wait a year before he can admit to having a wild hunt with her. Is that so bad?
Unless she just turned 17 today, I can handle the wait. (heading off to research belgian age of consent laws)
Old 07-12-14, 06:17 PM
  #112  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by Kurtie Dee View Post
Unless she just turned 17 today, I can handle the wait. (heading off to research belgian age of consent laws)
Well it's not like you have to tell anyone. You're not an underaged boy banging your teacher. You can exercise self control when away from her naughty bits.

Last edited by RocShemp; 07-12-14 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-12-14, 06:31 PM
  #113  
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,046
Received 663 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
Well it's not like you have to tell anyone. You're not an underaged boy banging your teacher. You can exercise self control when away from her naughty bits.
If things go well, I will figure out a way to let the forum know.
Old 07-12-14, 06:54 PM
  #114  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,786
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
How in the hell do you know what their motivation is? How do you know they seek "empowerment"? Re-read Dave's comment. The herds must be culled. If hunters made donations to conservation instead of hunting the animals someone would still have to put down a certain % of the animals. It's capitalism, it's a transaction, people give money (probably more money than they otherwise would) to have the chance to hunt a large species.

Emotion overcomes all reason when people talk about animals.
She's posing for pictures with the dead animals in submissive positions as if they are trophys.

Here's the definition of cull: to control the size of ( a group of animals) by killing some animals.

If you're trying to keep a species of animal from going extinct, you wouldn't be trying to "cull the herd". That's the opposite of conservation.
Old 07-12-14, 06:56 PM
  #115  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 33,633
Received 620 Likes on 440 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by Kurtie Dee View Post
If things go well, I will figure out a way to let the forum know.
Well she did say she was ready to hunt Americans so maybe you'll get lucky.


FYI, she didn't kill that antelope, she just had her picture taken with it. She was 15 at the time.
Old 07-12-14, 07:24 PM
  #116  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 8,001
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
Here's the definition of cull: to control the size of ( a group of animals) by killing some animals.

If you're trying to keep a species of animal from going extinct, you wouldn't be trying to "cull the herd". That's the opposite of conservation.
You dont know how conservation works in the wild, do you.
How many times does someone need to explain it here.

Wildlife

In the United States, hunting licenses and hunting seasons are a means by which the population of game animals is maintained. Each season, a hunter is allowed to kill a certain amount of wild game. The amount is determined both by species and gender. If the population seems to have surplus females, hunters are allowed to take more females during that hunting season. If the population is below what is desired, hunters may not be permitted to hunt that particular game animal or only hunt a restricted number of males.

Populations of game animals such as elk may be informally culled if they begin to excessively eat winter food set out for domestic cattle herds. In such instances the rancher will inform hunters that they may "hunt the haystack" on his property in order to thin the wild herd to controllable levels. These efforts are aimed to counter excessive depletion of the intended "domestic" winter feed supplies. Other managed culling instances involve extended issuance of extra hunting licenses, or the inclusion of additional "special hunting seasons" during harsh winters or overpopulation periods, governed by state fish and game Agencies.

Culling for population control is common in wildlife management, particularly on African game farms and in Australia in national parks. In the case of very large animals such as elephants, adults are often targeted. Their orphaned young, easily captured and transported, are then relocated. Without proper elephant socialization, young male elephants are believed to become unruly and extremely dangerous to other elephants, wildlife and humans. Culling is controversial in many African countries, but reintroduction of the practice has been recommended in recent years for use at the Kruger National Park in South Africa, which has experienced a swell in its elephant population since culling was banned in 1995.
Old 07-12-14, 07:31 PM
  #117  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by Kurtie Dee View Post
If things go well, I will figure out a way to let the forum know.
Start a thread about you learning to speak Dutch and French. If you say you've become practically Flemish, we'll know you got her to make that crooked smile all for you. If you announce that you learned German instead, we'll know all went poorly.

Last edited by RocShemp; 07-12-14 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-12-14, 08:29 PM
  #118  
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 10,046
Received 663 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
Start a thread about you learning to speak Dutch and French. If you say you've become practically Flemish, we'll know you got her to make that crooked smile all for you. If you announce that you learned German instead, we'll know all went poorly.
Old 07-12-14, 08:55 PM
  #119  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,786
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
You dont know how conservation works in the wild, do you.
How many times does someone need to explain it here.

Wildlife

In the United States, hunting licenses and hunting seasons are a means by which the population of game animals is maintained. Each season, a hunter is allowed to kill a certain amount of wild game. The amount is determined both by species and gender. If the population seems to have surplus females, hunters are allowed to take more females during that hunting season. If the population is below what is desired, hunters may not be permitted to hunt that particular game animal or only hunt a restricted number of males.

Populations of game animals such as elk may be informally culled if they begin to excessively eat winter food set out for domestic cattle herds. In such instances the rancher will inform hunters that they may "hunt the haystack" on his property in order to thin the wild herd to controllable levels. These efforts are aimed to counter excessive depletion of the intended "domestic" winter feed supplies. Other managed culling instances involve extended issuance of extra hunting licenses, or the inclusion of additional "special hunting seasons" during harsh winters or overpopulation periods, governed by state fish and game Agencies.

Culling for population control is common in wildlife management, particularly on African game farms and in Australia in national parks. In the case of very large animals such as elephants, adults are often targeted. Their orphaned young, easily captured and transported, are then relocated. Without proper elephant socialization, young male elephants are believed to become unruly and extremely dangerous to other elephants, wildlife and humans. Culling is controversial in many African countries, but reintroduction of the practice has been recommended in recent years for use at the Kruger National Park in South Africa, which has experienced a swell in its elephant population since culling was banned in 1995.

See where it says right there that the population increases when culling is banned. So if you the population is too low and you are trying to conserve (increase) that population, you would not use culling.
Old 07-12-14, 09:05 PM
  #120  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Working for Gizmonic Institute
Posts: 10,428
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
See where it says right there that the population increases when culling is banned. So if you the population is too low and you are trying to conserve (increase) that population, you would not use culling.
The white rhino had about 80 left at the beginning of the 20th Century. Due to conservation hunting, there are 11000 today. Plus, they're talking of reintroducing the culling of the elephant herd at Kroger because the herd has become so large that they are moving outside of the boundary of the park.angry farmers will become poachers real fast.

Last edited by crazyronin; 07-12-14 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-12-14, 10:46 PM
  #121  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 8,001
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

movieguru,
Not sure you understand. Culling was banned, therefore the elephant herds were getting too large. They reintroduced culling to conserve not only the elephants (mass poaching to lower much numbers and maybe even endangered) but to protect environment and protection for themselves, other animals, and humans.
Not sure you read all that right.
Old 07-13-14, 03:19 AM
  #122  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Gateway Cities/Harbor Region
Posts: 60,672
Received 808 Likes on 543 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by crazyronin View Post
The white rhino had about 80 left at the beginning of the 20th Century. Due to conservation hunting, there are 11000 today. Plus, they're talking of reintroducing the culling of the elephant herd at Kroger because the herd has become so large that they are moving outside of the boundary of the park.angry farmers will become poachers real fast.
Sooo, rich folks pay money to kill.. Killing/culling ok. African farmers killing /culling to protect their crops. Not ok. Why cant farmers get a license to kill when the numbers rise?

Also..the biggest culprits in all this? ASIAN MARKETS. No Asians wanting ivory and rhino horn for "make dick hard" pills....NO POACHERS. Hell, at least African farmers have a legit reason for poaching. Even if people living in the suburbs of America think African farmer needs are just worthless....

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-13-14 at 03:30 AM.
Old 07-13-14, 03:29 AM
  #123  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DVD Polizei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 53,737
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by crazyronin View Post
The white rhino had about 80 left at the beginning of the 20th Century. Due to conservation hunting, there are 11000 today. Plus, they're talking of reintroducing the culling of the elephant herd at Kroger because the herd has become so large that they are moving outside of the boundary of the park.angry farmers will become poachers real fast.
...or they'll sell out and make a reality television series about their struggles of surviving life in the harshness of mother nature, and you'll be forced to see those farmer butt cracks every week for the next 10 years.
Old 07-13-14, 05:45 AM
  #124  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Sooo, rich folks pay money to kill.. Killing/culling ok. African farmers killing /culling to protect their crops. Not ok. Why cant farmers get a license to kill when the numbers rise?

Also..the biggest culprits in all this? ASIAN MARKETS. No Asians wanting ivory and rhino horn for "make dick hard" pills....NO POACHERS. Hell, at least African farmers have a legit reason for poaching. Even if people living in the suburbs of America think African farmer needs are just worthless....
I'm not sure if you're joking or not but...

Farmers protecting their land is fine. However, farmers poaching without any type of regulation can get overzealous and wipe out more of a given animal than needed. However, rich (their race should not matter) folks paying for the privilege of hunting a certain amount of a certain type of animal is revenue for the country and less hassle for the farmers that can focus on their crops instead of wasting their precious time on animals encroaching on their land. The farmers make money, the government makes money, and a bunch of rich tourists get to feel all big and important.
Old 07-13-14, 05:46 AM
  #125  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Cheerleader Kills Lion, Cheetah, and Rhino!

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
...or they'll sell out and make a reality television series about their struggles of surviving life in the harshness of mother nature, and you'll be forced to see those farmer butt cracks every week for the next 10 years.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.