Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Yet another teacher allegedly has sex with a student

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Yet another teacher allegedly has sex with a student

Old 07-13-19, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Yet another teacher allegedly has sex with a student

I have no problem with her being punished, and losing her job, but JFC, 20 years?

When I think of what the piece of shit couple did, locally (2 kidnapping/rape/murders, 1 more rape/murder), and that one of them was released after about 12 years, I could just vomit. Technically, if it wasn't for our dangerous offender designation, he 'could' have been out after about 17 years.

Anyway, I've bitched about the above, previously. I'm just shocked at the severity of her sentence.
Old 07-13-19, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just shows how misplaced our priorities are in society (at least in AZ). I can see 5 years, but 20?? Her life is down the toilet regardless of the number of years that she rots in prison. Calculated, cold-blooded multiple murder and rape less severe than sex with a mnor?
Old 07-13-19, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
I have no problem with her being punished, and losing her job, but JFC, 20 years?

When I think of what the piece of shit couple did, locally (2 kidnapping/rape/murders, 1 more rape/murder), and that one of them was released after about 12 years, I could just vomit. Technically, if it wasn't for our dangerous offender designation, he 'could' have been out after about 17 years.

Anyway, I've bitched about the above, previously. I'm just shocked at the severity of her sentence.
Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
Just shows how misplaced our priorities are in society (at least in AZ). I can see 5 years, but 20?? Her life is down the toilet regardless of the number of years that she rots in prison. Calculated, cold-blooded multiple murder and rape less severe than sex with a mnor?
Just remember that Jeffrey Epstein was in a commute jail for much more than this and then he was a free man with the only thing of having to register as a sex offender.
Old 07-14-19, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Is she not white?
No. Unless Zamora is a common white last name all of a sudden. Look her up. She dyes her hair blonde and wears a lot of make-up. She's Latina. I know her first name of Brittany may throw some off, but...
Old 07-14-19, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Brittany wants Zamora that underage dick! Amirite?
Old 07-14-19, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
No. Unless Zamora is a common white last name all of a sudden. Look her up. She dyes her hair blonde and wears a lot of make-up. She's Latina. I know her first name of Brittany may throw some off, but...
I had never heard the last name Zamora before and I have no idea of its origins. Besides, Zamora would actually be her husband's last name, would it not? I would agree that he looks Latino, but I didn't get that impression from her, and I can't seem to find any reference of her maiden name or his parents online, which isn't to say that she's not Latina, but I wouldn't have suspected it.
Old 07-14-19, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
I had never heard the last name Zamora before and I have no idea of its origins. Besides, Zamora would actually be her husband's last name, would it not? I would agree that he looks Latino, but I didn't get that impression from her, and I can't seem to find any reference of her maiden name or his parents online, which isn't to say that she's not Latina, but I wouldn't have suspected it.
I can't find a record of her last name not being her given name either. Unless it's a coincidence that she and her husband have the same last name. Now as far as her ethnicity goes, she's latina unless they change it somehow. Unless the media is being purposely obtuse by not listing her maiden name, if there is one. It sounds better when a woman named Brittany Zamora gets the book thrown at her as opposed to Brittany Smith.
Old 07-15-19, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by zyzzle View Post
This woman is a predator. She used her status as a professional to get what she wanted and to get close to minors (much more difficult than most professions). She's also playing the victim, and has no concept of what she is doing. 5 years is way too short for her to figure this out.

Society and then the courts put the priority on any given crime. Society also tends to lash out and demands an example to further the message of "Don't Do This." if the problem continues.

Each state puts a priority on certain crimes as well. I bet a lot of teachers will be moving to Oregon, Washington, and California. Or Florida.

Since these teachers don't get it...maybe a nice 20-year sentence for one teacher will send the proper message.

What should be done, is making it a Federal offense and sending them to a Federal prison system. Out with ridiculous drug possession charges (society is starting realize how stupid it is) and in with teachers who abuse and stalk their classrooms.
Old 07-15-19, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
I can't find a record of her last name not being her given name either. Unless it's a coincidence that she and her husband have the same last name. Now as far as her ethnicity goes, she's latina unless they change it somehow. Unless the media is being purposely obtuse by not listing her maiden name, if there is one. It sounds better when a woman named Brittany Zamora gets the book thrown at her as opposed to Brittany Smith.
No. She's NOT Latina. I don't know where people are getting that from.

Here's a link:
https://www.dreshare.com/brittany-zamora/

Ethnicity: White Caucasian Descent.

This is Arizona. Trump country. There is a significant anti-latino sentiment in this state and if there is a way to spin a story against an hispanic person, they do it...even if the only connection to that ethnicity is their name.
Old 07-15-19, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Trump won Arizona by under 4%. He won West Virginia and Oklahoma by more than 40%, carrying every county. That seems like Trump country.
Old 07-15-19, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't have an issue with the punishment. A 20+ year old with a 13 year old is closer to pedophilia than sex with a minor, IMO.
Old 07-15-19, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
Trump won Arizona by under 4%. He won West Virginia and Oklahoma by more than 40%, carrying every county. That seems like Trump country.
You are free to believe what you'd like. Outside of the Phoenix area, the state is deeply red.
Old 07-15-19, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Since these teachers don't get it...maybe a nice 20-year sentence for one teacher will send the proper message.

What should be done, is making it a Federal offense and sending them to a Federal prison system. Out with ridiculous drug possession charges (society is starting realize how stupid it is) and in with teachers who abuse and stalk their classrooms.
Those teachers who "don't get it" are of course sociopathic individuals who do not have a conscience and are narcissistic in the extreme. The problem is you can't screen for them reasonably. The proper message society should be getting is to make a much more through, demanding, and complete dossier / screen when hiring its teachers, particularly teachers of minor children.

I agree that the crime should become a Federal offense, get it out of the State prison system, and make the punishment very draconian. When you've got some states handing down 6 months of detention vs others handing out 20 year prison sentences for the "same" type of crime, something is broken. Upon further reflection, 20 years does NOT seem overly harsh, as I failed to realize before that the kid was only 13 years old in this case. But, the other point I was making is that he was not killed and raped in some vicious way. So, why should psychopathic murderers who do this get by with a lighter sentence? It's a misplaced value judgment in society.
Old 08-13-19, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't know if this one was posted before or not but there is a new article. It's a school nurse rather than a teacher, but the writer of the article seems to confuse her with a teacher only a few paragraphs into the article.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...181924585.html
Old 08-13-19, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^
Jeez
Guilty as hell with a capital G.Just a fair warning she is pushing 50.
but thanks for sharing .