Yet another teacher allegedly has sex with a student

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Yet another teacher allegedly has sex with a student

Old 01-18-17, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Yet another teacher allegedly has sex with a student

Originally Posted by FiveO View Post
Thats a pretty thin line.

Teacher wants to sleep with a student...threatens to fail them...gets sex in return.
Or hot 18 year old cheerleader wants to get into elite college, GPA in jeopardy, offers sex in return for an A. It is a question of fairness. Why is the teacher the only one who can give her an A? I should be able to give her an A as well, right? Hell, I'd be willing to consider an A+ for the right incentives!
Old 01-18-17, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Teacher wants to sleep with a student...threatens to fail them...gets sex in return.

Is that ok? Position of authority type sexual misconduct charges are iffy at times...but the line is thin and if someone like a doctor, police officer, teacher, clergy, lawyer...can almost blackmail sex out of someone...that line is much more definitive.

Consensual sex is an ambiguous term too...when it comes to this type of relationship. One person will claim consensual...the other will claim duress.
I imagine the line could be drawn in the same place it is when people are hooking up without the authority aspect. Two consenting adults: ok. Two consenting adults where one is a teacher and one is a student: ok. One adult said they were coerced or blackmailed: not ok regardless of authority.
Old 01-18-17, 01:16 PM

Is that ok? Position of authority type sexual misconduct charges are iffy at times...but the line is thin and if someone like a doctor, police officer, teacher, clergy, lawyer...can almost blackmail sex out of someone...that line is much more definitive.

Consensual sex is an ambiguous term too...when it comes to this type of relationship. One person will claim consensual...the other will claim duress.
These are all examples of extortion though. I'm referring to a mutual attraction and consensual hook up.

If an 18 year old student and a 30 year old real estate agent have consenual sex there's nothing wrong with it. But if the same 18 year old has consensual sex with a 30 teacher who just happens to teach at the same school but has no other connection to the student, it's a sex crime.
Old 01-18-17, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just playing the devil's advocate...

Here's an idea. Call your congressman and talk to him / her about getting the law changed.

Extortion and using ones position to get sex is a thin line. You can argue "mutual hookups" all you want...it may be mutual initially...but after the "victim" sees dollar signs its now extortion and position of authority.

I can see where you're coming from...I don't agree with it, but I understand.
Old 01-18-17, 10:24 PM

Just playing the devil's advocate...

Here's an idea. Call your congressman and talk to him / her about getting the law changed.

Extortion and using ones position to get sex is a thin line. You can argue "mutual hookups" all you want...it may be mutual initially...but after the "victim" sees dollar signs its now extortion and position of authority.
Extortion/blackmail is one thing which I would agree is illegal. It is likely that the majority of the time it is the "subordinate" that is doing the extortion.blackmail and not the other way around.

Consider this situation: A supervisor for a private company dates a lower level employee that he is in charge of against a company policy that forbids such interaction.

In this situation, the company has the right to terminate him but the government could not charge him with a sex crime. The only difference here is that it is a privately held company as to one run by the government. But both have the same elements of a consensual relationship between two adults where one has a position of authority over the other.

Now look at this scenario:

A cop for the city of Riverdale with a population of 100,000. He begins to date a citizen of the city of Riverdale who works in the private sector. Their relationship is consensual and sexual. Using the same criteria that is being used in the other incidents, the cop has a position of authority over the person he is dating and should also thereby be arrested and charged with a sex crime for abusing his authority. He could see this woman speed, driving drunk, smoke weed, or break any laws and not arrest/ticket her in the same manner he would if he saw another citizen under his authority doing the exact same thing.
Old 01-19-17, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe it has to do with someone being in a position of authority over someone else.
What difference does the position have to do with ... Oh, you meant the person's job ... Never mind.

Originally Posted by movieguru View Post
These are all examples of extortion though. I'm referring to a mutual attraction and consensual hook up.

If an 18 year old student and a 30 year old real estate agent have consenual sex there's nothing wrong with it. But if the same 18 year old has consensual sex with a 30 teacher who just happens to teach at the same school but has no other connection to the student, it's a sex crime.
I believe a few of these teacher/student relationships haven't even been at the same school ...
Old 01-25-17, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's a good one. Dude extorted $28K before his mother went to the cops.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/25/teacher...ep-sex-secret/

Spoiler:

Teen milks $28K from teacher in ‘sextortion’ plot
By Joshua Rhett Miller

A middle school teacher in Texas paid a former student nearly $28,000 to keep their sexual relationship secret — and was arrested after the teen’s mother found out about their romps, court documents show.

Thao “Sandy” Doan, a teacher at Raul Quintanilla Sr. Middle School in Dallas, was arrested last week and faces a sexual assault charge in connection to the alleged relationship with the 14-year-old boy, the Dallas Morning News reported, citing Doan’s arrest warrant affidavit filed by the Dallas ISD Police Department.

The boy’s mother told investigators earlier this month that he was receiving “large amounts of money” that he was using for “illegal purposes,” which created problems at home, according to the affidavit.

The boy’s mother told administrators the payments needed to stop and provided investigators with screenshots of messages showing that her son asked for money.

“… watch ima start getting the pics and everything ready … to show the cops right I anit [sic] playing,” one message read.

Dallas ISD Police Department spokeswoman Robyn Harris said Doan, 27, was placed on administrative leave on Jan. 10. She had been employed with the district since 2014, Harris told The Post in a brief telephone interview Wednesday. She declined to elaborate on whether Doan had any previous disciplinary issues or infractions, citing privacy concerns.
Old 01-25-17, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wooow. I hope the teen is arrested too.
Old 01-25-17, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

banged teacher and got $28K ... this kid is a winning!
Old 01-25-17, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And I thought new levels of this were not possible ...

What is it with Texas?

Last edited by Abob Teff; 01-25-17 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-25-17, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
The "would I do her" list.

1. yes
2. no
3. no
4. maybe
5. yes
6. no
7. yes
8. maybe
9. yes
10. yes
11. no
12. no

If I was a middle school or high school kid, yes to all 12.
1. YES
2. no
3. yes
4. yes
5. yes
6. no
7. yes
8. no
9. yes
10. yes
11. yes
12. YES
Old 01-25-17, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Because it is on another page (for me) ...

How did you both go with "no" for 2 and "maybe/yes" for 4? Not saying 4 is an outright no, but 4 > 2 any day and twice on Sunday.
Old 01-25-17, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Would bang like a cheap screen door!
Old 01-25-17, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post

How did you both go with "no" for 2 and "maybe/yes" for 4? Not saying 4 is an outright no, but 4 > 2 any day and twice on Sunday.
I think your greater than/less than sign is backwards, or else you're saying the same thing that they are.
Old 01-25-17, 07:01 PM

Remember, Abob Teff... the alligator is super hungry, so he turns his head towards the bigger of the two potential meals!
Old 01-25-17, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

A middle school teacher in Texas paid a former student nearly $28,000 to keep their sexual relationship secret — and was arrested after the teen’s mother found out about their romps, court documents show.
Probably the best form of deterrent. If this becomes routine, teachers might want to keep their pants and panties under lock and key.
Old 01-26-17, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

Sounds like she was down for BBC.
Old 01-26-17, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Because 4 is hotter than 2? You seem to think this as well so I am not sure where the confusion lies. 2 is a definite no any day of the week.
Old 01-26-17, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Would bang like a cheap screen door!
It baffles me no end how these hot women are going for guys where they plan their dates with conversations like "When you pick me up, park two blocks away so my mom doesn't see you."
Old 01-26-17, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
It baffles me no end how these hot women are going for guys where they plan their dates with conversations like "When you pick me up, park two blocks away so my mom doesn't see you."
Guess they like the young cock. Fogies like us would not make them hot and wet. But yeah, do they not realize they are jeopardizing their careers and freedom?
Old 01-26-17, 07:23 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Are male teachers even doing this or are we just focusing on the women?

I'm fine with that though.
Old 01-26-17, 07:26 PM

Females are probably waiting until college to sleep with their professors.
Old 01-26-17, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
I think your greater than/less than sign is backwards, or else you're saying the same thing that they are.
Originally Posted by smg669 View Post
Remember, Abob Teff... the alligator is super hungry, so he turns his head towards the bigger of the two potential meals!
Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
Because 4 is hotter than 2? You seem to think this as well so I am not sure where the confusion lies. 2 is a definite no any day of the week.
Fuck me ... I should have paid attention in that Numbers class instead of fantasizing about Mrs. McGillicutty and hiding wood under my desk. Bitch was six feet tall and looked like a mother fucking playground to a fourth grader. I'd have treated her like a cheap jungle gym.

Yes, I think 2 is hotter than 4.
Old 01-27-17, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post

This is why throughout history the norm has been arranged marriages.
Old 02-01-17, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Substitute teacher arrested after exposing herself while doing cartwheel

A substitute teacher was arrested yesterday for indecent exposure after she performed a cartwheel in a high school choir class “with no under garments on,” police allege.

According to cops, Lacey Sponsler, 34, exposed herself to students last Friday at Pawhuska High School in Pawhuska, a city about 50 miles north of Tulsa.

Sponsler, seen at right, was wearing a long dress, but no underwear, “which caused her to expose herself to the students in this class,” cops allege. “This act was captured by a student on their cell phone,” said Police Chief Scott Laird.

As detailed in a probable cause affidavit, as Sponsler (seen at right) performed the cartwheel in the “Junior High Choir room,” her dress was “flipped up,” exposing her buttocks. An officer who reviewed the video of the incident added, “I further noticed that the Defendant was not wearing any type of underwear.”

A 17-year-old female student told police that Sponsler “had said that she was not wearing underwear before performing the cartwheel,” which exposed her “bare vagina.” The student noted that she saw Sponsler’s “vagina open and close, as her legs were in the air.” The girl also told police that Sponsler “had been talking about using drugs” and commented on how she “thought fourteen year old boys were like men.”

When questioned by police, Sponsler initially denied performing the cartwheel in class. When told that a student captured the cartwheel in a Snapchat video, Sponsler replied that she “did not remember performing a cartwheel or exposing her vagina and buttocks.”

Sponsler told police that she was “just dancing with the students” and "trying to be a cool teacher."

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.