Old 05-19-19, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: The Fast Food Junkie Thread

Pure kitsch.

Stay classy, TB!
Old 05-21-19, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post

Cut to this week, when the Nathan's in my neighborhood had its "grand opening." I bought a hot dog and fries. The fries were like I remembered them, but the hot dog was just like any generic hot dog you can eat anywhere. The color, size and flavor that distinguished Nathan's hot dogs were all missing.

Doesn't Nathan's have a rule that you can only serve Nathan's Hot Dogs at their sites? Did they drop the rule? Or did they change their formula for making frankfurters?
Like too many, now national, companies Nathan's has "expanded" their brand to include the junk skinless hot dogs you get everywhere. Sabrett seems to still make a quality dog if you can find one. I prefer Kogel's but they are even rarer outside of the Midwest.

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I love Tommy's but I've found these kinds of promotions are rarely worth the lines/hassle. Cool for those that got some, though.
I too love Tommy's but they must be a terrible employer. I've never seen a happy employee there except when they were ignoring me (Tujunga). I'm amused thinking how long the lines must have been. Get an under cooked burger so the line moves. How could that go wrong?

Last edited by DeFan; 05-21-19 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-21-19, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I thought maybe they colored the buns differently or something, but it's basically the exact same meal but in different boxes. Which seems really dumb. One, it minimizes whatever mental health issues they're trying to promote by saying hey it's all the same anyway.
Have you seen their spokes-mascot?

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Holy shit, really? It's the same food, just the boxes are different?
Wow, whoever came up with that idea is a fucking moron and has no idea why people eat fast food.
Umm ... I think it is part of their snarky/witty marketing, not an actual mental health remedy.
Old 06-08-19, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The nacho fries are back at Taco Bell.
Old 06-08-19, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
Spice consistency is a problem at a lot of places.
A friend used to be a manager at our local Chick-Fil-A. When the spicy chicken first came out she mentioned that it comes in these buckets with the spicy marinade already in it. As the marinade settles, the stuff on bottom ends up a lot spicier than the rest.
Old 06-09-19, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don’t usually eat anything big at McDonalds usually just a hamburger and I split a fry with my kid but today I decided to try the tomato mozzarella chicken sandwich and somehow got drawn into trying those cheesy bacon fries. I honestly thought I was having a stroke. Never again.
Old 06-09-19, 04:04 PM

Slightly off-topic: if you were a fan of the 2015 Burger King Halloween Burger (specifically its side effects) then definitely try the Spider-Man red and blue caramel vanilla popcorn at AMC Theaters.
Old 06-09-19, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^^^Does it turn your shit into a different color or something?
Old 06-09-19, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
^^^Does it turn your shit into a different color or something?
feel free to try it and report back
Old 06-09-19, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Blue food dye makes you shit green, red does red. It'll be a surprise!
Old 06-09-19, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DeFan View Post
Like too many, now national, companies Nathan's has "expanded" their brand to include the junk skinless hot dogs you get everywhere. Sabrett seems to still make a quality dog if you can find one. I prefer Kogel's but they are even rarer outside of the Midwest.

I too love Tommy's but they must be a terrible employer. I've never seen a happy employee there except when they were ignoring me (Tujunga). I'm amused thinking how long the lines must have been. Get an under cooked burger so the line moves. How could that go wrong?
Bummer about your Tommyís experience as the one in Van Nuys is a good one to eat at. Yelp only gives it 3 1/2 stars but in this case I could care less about the reviews as I have had a handful of Tommyís burgers (and tamales) over the years and know what I am in for. They are very busy and the employees were good about keeping things moving along at a steady clip. I have not been in a while....maybe when I head down to the Valley next weekend with my brother, if I can talk him into it.
Old 06-09-19, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
I donít usually eat anything big at McDonalds usually just a hamburger and I split a fry with my kid but today I decided to try the tomato mozzarella chicken sandwich and somehow got drawn into trying those cheesy bacon fries. I honestly thought I was having a stroke. Never again.
What was wrong with the Frys?
I had that chicken sandwich and it was pretty good.
The Stroopwafel Thing was really good.
Old 06-10-19, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

The cheese is weird, and I don’t think bacon works on anything at McDonald’s that isn’t a breakfast sandwich.
Old 06-10-19, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don’t think there was anything wrong with the fries taste wise. The sandwich was ok although BK spicy chick parm is 10 times better. I think I just had a reaction to the sodium or msg.
Old 06-13-19, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The McDonalds World Favorites are here

Old 06-13-19, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeh weíve been discussing these but havenít referred to them specifically by the official name.
Old 06-13-19, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched EmmyMadeInJapan's video about the "Worldwide Favorites" last Saturday night and stopped by my local the next day. I thought the "Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger" from Spain was just OK (although I love Gouda, I found the whole thing too smoky... even for me). However, the Stroopwafel McFlurry was FANTASTIC!
Old 06-13-19, 11:10 PM

Those new lemonades from Wendy's are really good but wow, do they increase the calorie count just to add in some fruit flavor, wow.
Old 06-13-19, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The Wild Berry is amazing. When I get refills though, they don't add more flavoring, just lemonade. Kind weak.
Old 06-14-19, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
The McDonalds World Favorites are here

Cheesy Bacon Fries were good - about what you'd expect.

Probably going to try the McExtreme today and maybe the chicken next week. Haven't been eating too much fast food but just bought a house and no time to cook properly.
Old 06-14-19, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
Cheesy Bacon Fries were good - about what you'd expect.

Probably going to try the McExtreme today and maybe the chicken next week. Haven't been eating too much fast food but just bought a house and no time to cook properly.
Aren't the Cheesy Bacon Fries basically the same cheesy bacon fries they discontinued like a month ago? If they're different I couldn't tell.
Old 06-15-19, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Inhumans99 View Post

Bummer about your Tommy’s experience as the one in Van Nuys is a good one to eat at. Yelp only gives it 3 1/2 stars but in this case I could care less about the reviews as I have had a handful of Tommy’s burgers (and tamales) over the years and know what I am in for. They are very busy and the employees were good about keeping things moving along at a steady clip. I have not been in a while....maybe when I head down to the Valley next weekend with my brother, if I can talk him into it.
I wasn't so much annoyed as amused by being ignored at the Tommy's in Tujunga. It's one of my favorites. I like the old locations with just a window and picnic tables. Like the In-N-Out in La Crescenta .
Old 06-15-19, 11:47 AM

More on topic I had a $1 Champ burger at Rally's. It was better than a $1 cheeseburger at McDonald's.
Old 06-16-19, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm happy about this news and it feels appropriate to put here. The majority stake of Whataburger has been sold and could lead to the chain expanding to other states. I'm happy as I'll get to try it if they open in Kansas City.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...le-whataburger
Old 06-16-19, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Whataburger was bought out by an investment firm which is never a good thing.

Last edited by Deadman31; 06-16-19 at 02:57 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.