Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Landlords on my case about my cleanliness!

Other Talk "Otterville"

Landlords on my case about my cleanliness!

Old 03-14-14, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Landlords on my case about my cleanliness!

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
Hey, I LIKE some movies that are "pure shit"! And judging from what's turned up at Big Lots lately, I don't think I have to fear bringing home much more anyways. A lot of this is also from the days when Wal-Mart had those big displays of $3.88 DVDs too, was usually Paramount, Sony, Fox or Warner at one time or another. Haven't seen them do that in a LONG time. And if something's available on Blu-Ray I won't buy it on regular DVD even for a dollar.

See? This is what happens when people come to DVD Talk for legitimate advice.

The risk of getting the whole world DUMPING on you is not worth the effort. I feel for you, man.
Old 03-14-14, 08:49 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been to Big Lots there DVDs Blu-Rays aren't really anything great, there just the DVD places like Target and Best Buy couldn't sell so they resell then at huge discounts. Just out of curiousity do you have a girlfriend, you could be buying DVDs to fill a void. I use to buy t-shirts it got kind of out of hand, I have like a hundred at one time, but when my girlfriend moved in she needed closet space so she helped me get rid of some, I actually made money on a few of the Threadless and The Chive tees were worth like 40 bucks on ebay.
Old 03-14-14, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
Just out of curiousity do you have a girlfriend, you could be buying DVDs to fill a void.
See Eddie Money's post 2 above yours. It explains it all...
Old 03-14-14, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
You threw a person away for garbage.

He gave up a healthy human relationship in exchange to be ensconced in a mountain of DVDs. I cannot decide whether he chose wisely without pictures.
Old 03-14-14, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 162 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
He gave up a healthy human relationship in exchange to be ensconced in a mountain of DVDs. I cannot decide whether he chose wisely without pictures.
To be fair, it did not sound like a healthy relationship. She seemed like she might be the female Grundle.
Old 03-14-14, 09:44 AM
RIP

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Old 03-14-14, 10:18 AM

Received 535 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Posts like are like we should never let story take another hiatus.

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Even if we have to keep him in Buffalo Bill's pit.
Old 03-14-14, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
Not yet- I'm actually out of town right now, believe it or not (and my parents are coming over to take care of the cats so don't even think about breaking in! ) I'm enjoying seeing pics of my place over here though. The person who sent me the email is supposed to be mailing me a copy of the city's code for this stuff, so hopefully that'll be there when I get back.
Why are you worried about the city code? Even if you are within the code, it doesn't mean they are gonig to renew your lease. If you want to live like that, you need to get your own place, because no one would want to rent to someone like you. Sorry.

And maybe it is just the poor quality picture you took, but it seems like the place is really dirty. I just imagine that place filled with dust and cat hair.
Old 03-14-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 441 Likes on 359 Posts

Say what?

Old 03-14-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No, there wasn't anything healthy about that relationship. There were videos with the girl arguing with the cop before she either got arrested or had the car towed. I think they're still here in the forum somewhere.
Old 03-14-14, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Ditch the CED Videodiscs. I had hundreds of them at one time and ended up having to practically gives them away. There is really no reason to keep more than a couple. Almost all the movies have been released on a better media. Videodiscs deteriorate with age; the surface corrodes and playback is affected by skips and poor quality. They're near impossible to sell. You'll be lucky if you can trick someone into taking them from your apartment.
Old 03-14-14, 11:56 AM

Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

Take them to the suburbs where people don't lock up and dump them in the back of somebody's car.
Old 03-14-14, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 353 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
No, there wasn't anything healthy about that relationship. There were videos with the girl arguing with the cop before she either got arrested or had the car towed. I think they're still here in the forum somewhere.
Oh, he was the one dating the "Sovereign Citizen" girl? The one who thought you don't need a license or registration as long as you have "Not for hire" posted on your car, as it's "right to travel"?

Yeah, in that case the hoarding is a better option.
Old 03-14-14, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Oh, he was the one dating the "Sovereign Citizen" girl? The one who thought you don't need a license or registration as long as you have "Not for hire" posted on your car, as it's "right to travel"?

Yep, that be her.
Old 03-14-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 876 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe View Post
See? This is what happens when people come to DVD Talk for legitimate advice.

The risk of getting the whole world DUMPING on you is not worth the effort. I feel for you, man.
To be fair, I had already posted several times with legitimate advice that was promptly ignored. I figured it was time for some tough love.

The OP has already stated numerous times that he's a hoarder and is OK with it. I'm not sure what other advice can be given since it's been established that the OP has no plans to change his living conditions and was apparently only posting pics to hear all of us give him "It's not that bad, the landlord had no right to tell you how to live." responses.
Old 03-14-14, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

C'mon, let's have some numbers. How many discs are we talking about here? 500? 1000?
Old 03-14-14, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Paff View Post

Never saw the videos but seriously, what other kind of woman is going to hang out in that apartment?
Old 03-14-14, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 111 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
C'mon, let's have some numbers. How many discs are we talking about here? 500? 1000?
Just eyeballing the pic, it looks like the racks by the cat tower hold about 300 each. Those have 6 shelves each. The wall has 9 visible and looks to be as wide as about 2.5 of the racks. That'd be around 1725, but that doesn't count the racks that are mostly obscured by other stuff, the laserdisc/vinyl shelves, or any of the crap just laying on the floor or in boxes.

But really, the issue isn't so much the quantity, but how things are maintained. Between cds, dvds, blu-rays and games, I have around 3,000 discs, all with original packaging. But they're stored in a dedicated walk-in closet I built, with the appearance of a library, as opposed to a flea market vendor.
Old 03-14-14, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Step 1: Get renters insurance
Step 2: Set fire to building
Step 3: Startthefuckover
Old 03-14-14, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Her request of you having one room was generous, if you ask me. NO ONE wants to live their lives in a media library. (Except you.) You threw a person away for garbage.
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/...ighlight=crazy

He made the right choice.
Old 03-14-14, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
Step 1: Get renters insurance
Step 2: Set fire to building
Step 3: Startthefuckover
How is he going to prove his 2000+ movie collection? Show them the picture from this thread? They'd be liable to make him pay them.
Old 03-14-14, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 View Post
Nutty but I admire her spunk.
Old 03-14-14, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
How is he going to prove his 2000+ movie collection? Show them the picture from this thread? They'd be liable to make him pay them.
I actually took pictures of mine (one case is actually cut off from that shot). I took close-up digital photos that showed like 3 shelves each. I have those plus my DVD Profiler account to prove everything.
Spoiler:
Old 03-14-14, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ugh, TV over the fireplace.
Old 03-14-14, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 407 Likes on 288 Posts

Hi ex g/f had the right idea. I think he should fight for his "right to hoard" and put stickers on his doors and windows saying "Private collection, not for sale or rent".

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.