Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

YEAT: Am I being too picky or do I have a legitimate beef?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

YEAT: Am I being too picky or do I have a legitimate beef?

Old 01-30-14, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: YEAT: Am I being too picky or do I have a legitimate beef?

Well, she's hung up on the "like new" description. They aren't like new. (They do look like factory scratches though) The seller offered her a $5 refund but that wasn't good enough. She'd rather box it up and mail it and take the shipping loss.
Old 02-01-14, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Deb always creates theses threads and just leaves. You probably won't get a response from her until she buys something else and has an issue.
Old 02-01-14, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Deb always creates theses threads and just leaves. You probably won't get a response from her until she buys something else and has an issue.
Thank you for finally saying it.
Old 02-01-14, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, people start derailing the conversation and I personally have less time than the people going back and compiling threads, I have enough stuff to do with my days I refuse to feed the trolls.
Old 02-01-14, 01:31 PM
Banned

Flor-i-duh
Old 02-01-14, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
No, people start derailing the conversation and I personally have less time than the people going back and compiling threads, I have enough stuff to do with my days I refuse to feed the trolls.
You had plenty of time to take numerous pictures of a USED item you bought off eBay. Plenty of time to respond. You've started close to a dozen different eBay threads and they all end the same...
Old 02-01-14, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I expect damage of some kind when I knowingly buy a used item off of eBay. If they were pristine and gem mint, the guy wouldn't be selling them. Collectors that value condition don't generally sell their used items. It's the normal people that let their kids throw the discs around the play room that generally want to sell their used movies.
Old 02-01-14, 02:48 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

That's a little harsh Deb. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to post on forums asking for advice, you have to be willing to put up with different opinions and all sorts of shenanigans that we can pervert a thread into.

Only wanting to deal with comments if they're ones you want is pretty selfish actually. Feel free to ignore stuff, but the most trolling comment here, imo, is the one I just quoted.
Old 02-01-14, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

$25. The thing is, I asked, are there scratches, specifically. He said no. I know what bothers me. I bought a like new set without scratches. eBay defines like new right on the auction page, as if it was taken right out of the package.
Had you not asked, there would be no issue. It may seem silly or pedantic to some people who don't care about the quality of the discs I would be OK if every Matrix sequel disc on earth were scratched but you are paying $$ for these and you asked and you were lied to.

Next time, I would ask for clear photos of the discs before hand or wait for when they go on sale (as they must).
Old 02-01-14, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

That said, at $5 off the $25, the set is cheaper than even the cheapest set on Amazon, so that seems like a fair trade.
Old 02-01-14, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was just delivered back to him this morning. I used some packaging I had received some items in so all I was out was the postage. I asked him once he received it to take a look at it one more time and if he thought it did not meet the description of Like New, to please reconsider refunding the return shipping as well, so this may still have a happy ending.
Old 02-02-14, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Amazon.com and buy new going forward.

Scratch that, Best Buy. You can properly inspect the case JUST IN CASE to make sure it's mint mint mint.
Old 02-12-14, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, item back, out return shipping, negative left about item condition and refund given but out return shipping.

So I sold the complete Twilight Zone collection on DVD (the one with all the extras) and this seller has sent me I kid you not eight messages that she hasn't received it. The tracking number says still in transit. She won't stop sending me messages that she's freaking out lol I sent it media mail on 2/3 (and the auction and all correspondence says media mail, I've even advised it takes a while), she's talking about her box has been vandalized before, for an item that doesn't even show delivered yet. I respond every few messages.

At least I got it insured and with a tracking number.

Stuff like that doesn't make me less likely to sell again, though, just find it kind of amusing. That's an average of one message a day since the item sold ha.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 02-12-14 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-12-14, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, item back, out return shipping, negative left about item condition and refund given but out return shipping.

So I sold the complete Twilight Zone collection on DVD (the one with all the extras) and this seller has sent me I kid you not eight messages that she hasn't received it. The tracking number says still in transit. She won't stop sending me messages that she's freaking out lol I sent it media mail on 12/3 (and the auction and all correspondence says media mail, I've even advised it takes a while), she's talking about her box has been vandalized before, for an item that doesn't even show delivered yet. I respond every few messages.

At least I got it insured and with a tracking number.

Stuff like that doesn't make me less likely to sell again, though, just find it kind of amusing. That's an average of one message a day since the item sold ha.
Even media mail should have arrived by now, seems like that package is lost. luckily for you it is over the 45 day Paypal window for filing a claim.
Old 02-12-14, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry, 2/3, not 12/3, slip of the finger. NV to GA.

Summary: Eight messages from buyer that a package from NV to GA using Media Mail has not arrived in eight days while tracking # says In Transit.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 02-12-14 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-13-14, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry, 2/3, not 12/3, slip of the finger. NV to GA.

Summary: Eight messages from buyer that a package from NV to GA using Media Mail has not arrived in eight days while tracking # says In Transit.
Did you update the auction with tracking number with e-bay? if so I would respond to each of those messages the same. 'This item shipped on 2/3, here is the tracking number xxxxx, have a great day!'
Old 02-13-14, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I did as soon as it shipped!
Old 02-13-14, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While everyone else is so quick to pick on you, I'd like to commend you for at least getting "YEAT" right.
Old 02-13-14, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by emanon View Post
While everyone else is so quick to pick on you, I'd like to commend you for at least getting "YEAT" right.
Old 02-13-14, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Are you trying to tell us you shouldn't buy or sell on eBay? You just have far too much bad luck.
Old 02-13-14, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

This seems like a lot of hassle to save $5 (or to be out $5).
Old 02-13-14, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm surprised there were minor scratches on the bottom of a blu-ray disc. It seems like it would take a lot of effort to scratch them with that special coating. DVDs on the other hand...
Old 02-13-14, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Eh, I don't stress out with buyers. Ship promptly with insurance and tracking, list the item accurately, ship only to the continental U.S., list every possible detail in the auction page, and you're good to go with the majority of transactions. Maybe I have too high expectations of sellers because I want them to be like me
Old 02-17-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

GatorDeb is still around I see!

Did I miss a wedding or any other significant life events?
Old 02-26-14, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Whew, 22 days and 16 messages later, they finally got it (they had to move out of their house because of the storms and the forwarding was messed up and slow (they kept saying they would pay if had to ship it again to another address). Kinda surprised it did make it to them. Positive feedback received, another happy customer The other five buyers seems to be the quiet type.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.