Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Stuff Your Kids Ruined (or You Ruined as a Kid)

Old 12-06-13, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Stuff Your Kids Ruined (or You Ruined as a Kid)

My son ran out of the bathroom with his pants around his ankles, tripped and smacked into the wall in the hallway, leaving a dent in the drywall. It's a pretty small dent so I'm leaving it there as a reminder for when he's a teenager and thinks he's too cool for us.

Some dumbass in our family bought our kids acrylic paints when they were WAY too young for them, and some of it got on the bottom of their feet so we have some pretty effed up carpet in the family room now. It's on the list to replace anyway.

As for me, I didn't ruin too many things. I once threw a Jart into the siding at my grandparents house. And I got out of our stick-shift truck without putting it in gear and it rolled down the driveway and took out the neighbor's mailbox.

Last edited by Draven; 12-06-13 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-07-13, 02:54 PM
Banned

Don't have kids. I always make sure I cum out of them during rape.

I don't think I ruined anything beyond the norm for my parents. I was a very careful and cautious kid in the house. I didn't like to cause trouble. Now when I moved out? I fucking made up for shit I wouldn't do under my parents roof. I NEVER wanted to piss them off cuz I had it really good. I think the worst thing I did was slap my sister. Or cut her hair by her own approval when I was like 7, I don't care if the little bitch was 4. She thought it was a great idea, who was I to argue?
Old 12-07-13, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
What?
Old 12-07-13, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't imagine why more women don't post here?
Old 12-08-13, 12:28 AM

Uhhhhh.......
Old 12-08-13, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

There's a disturbing way to read this, and a really fucking disturbing way to read it.
Old 12-08-13, 10:11 AM
Banned

It's the DVDtalk way.
Old 12-08-13, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ladies and gentlemen, Todd Akin has entered the discussion!
Old 12-08-13, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

No kids for me. But I ruined a few things...

Spilled apple juice on my dad's computer and fried it.

Threw their alarm clock in the toilet.

Broke a shelf on a bookshelf while trying to climb it. Several glass knick-knacks were destroyed. I also cut myself and bled on the carpet and that never came out all the way.

Wrecked a car. Although, in my defense, I swerved to avoid some idiot who walked out into the street right in front of me.

Put a foot through the roof while trying to sneak out as a teenager. Did not get laid that night as I was planning.

There's probably more, but I can't recall them off the top of my head.
Old 12-08-13, 12:00 PM
Banned

Did you ever get laid by the person you were to fuck?
Old 12-08-13, 12:26 PM

It's the DVDtalk way.
I respectfully disagree.
Old 12-08-13, 01:23 PM

Did you ever get laid by the person you were to fuck?
Yeah, but it was like a month later. Once my parents had figured out my escape route, I had to be a lot more careful.
Old 12-08-13, 05:44 PM

My son hasn't done anything too bad yet. The worst is when he spilled watercolor paint on the basement carpet. My wife didn't tell me about it until long after it had dried. Even after lots of scrubbing and many, many passes with a carpet cleaner, there is a 2 sq. foot area of carpet with a noticeable blue tinge.

Stuff I did as a kid was also nothing very serious: When I was about 12, I tried my hand soldering by doing the "shift-key mod" on our Apple ][+ keyboard; my dad had to get a new keyboard controller board. Kicked a hole in a wall. Punched a small hole in a door. As a teen I put some dents in a couple of the cars.
Old 12-08-13, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Just remembered when I was about 4 or 5, Sesame Street (one of the only things I was allowed to watch on TV) was a rerun, so I got bored and started playing with all the extra knobs on the TV- a 1972 model Zenith Chromacolor. Went behind it and turned the horizontal and vertical hold controls til the picture was just a line in the middle of the screen. My dad came home and didn't yell at me but told me to go to my room, later I remember my parents watching the news in black and white since that was the best they could re-adjust it to, though they had it back to normal that day. This is why TVs now don't include all that fun stuff, and you need a service code to get into the adjustments they do have.

Also remember pushing a button that stopped the escalators at Sears- after that they had plastic covers over the buttons.
Old 11-21-18, 04:01 PM

My 4-year-old left the door open and we got a mouse. I am not happy at all. Then she was messing around with my smartwatch and somehow did a factory reset. Frustrating, but oh well.
Old 11-21-18, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I remember when my son was born I was so worried about him breaking our big TV, thought I'd have to get a lock for my "office" door, etc. but happily we've never had anything major get broken (yet, my kids are 12 and 9 now, so there's still plenty of time).

I don't think I wrecked too much of my parents' stuff (my sister on the other hand...), except I totaled a car once. But hey, it was a Reliant that was just an extra car we had, so... (although my father wasn't happy about the hit our car insurance ended up taking because of that. Whoops!)
Old 11-21-18, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

A few months ago, my 3 year old broke my first nice 40 something inch LG Flatscreen. Cracked the screen. FUUUUUUUUUCKK!
Old 11-21-18, 04:59 PM

My dad had a really old locomotive that wasn't moving fast enough for me around our mini train garden, so I pumped up the power to the max and ended up completely burning it out. I still feel bad about it. He got some revenge, though, when he was trying to fix the leaf blower on the kitchen table, when it suddenly powered on, sped around the table and essentially obliterated the universal remote I got for Christmas...a remote I got to replace the one that broke after I threw it at the wall in frustration.
Old 11-21-18, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

my kids fed quarters into the CD player in my wifes mini van.

Two memorable things for me, my old house had a floor grate heater and I left a toy on it which melted pretty badly into the grate, made a stink and a mess.

One christmas I got a RC tank, played with it in the snow and decided to dry it in the microwave. Needless to say that didnt go very well and I was out a toy.
Old 11-21-18, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Vipper II View Post
My dad had a really old locomotive that wasn't moving fast enough for me around our mini train garden, so I pumped up the power to the max and ended up completely burning it out. I still feel bad about it. He got some revenge, though, when he was trying to fix the leaf blower on the kitchen table, when it suddenly powered on, sped around the table and essentially obliterated the universal remote I got for Christmas...a remote I got to replace the one that broke after I threw it at the wall in frustration.
I have to admit, I find this description rather confusing. A leaf blower sped around the table and obliterated a remote?

When was away at university, my wife had my speakers at her apartment, and my young son pushed in the dust caps on the woofers. I was furious, but a little work with a vacuum popped them back out.
Old 11-21-18, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My parents and sisters were out of the country on a vacation, and I was home alone. I had use of my parents' car, a big Chevy four-door Impala. I was driving to work in a freezing rain, and it was the first time I'd driven in winter weather. I lost control of the car. I almost recovered, and the car only just kissed the guardrail.

What that actually meant was that the sheetmetal was dented from the front bumper to the rear bumper. A few days later I picked up my family at the airport, which was an hour away. Instead of the royal butt-chewing I expected, Mom and Dad just bit their tongues. It was a long, quiet ride home.

The body damage was repaired, but the car never really drove as well again.
Old 11-21-18, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

When I was six my Dad had an ugly green vinyl recliner. One night while he and my Mom were out I was playing with a razor blade and I made a small slice in the arm of the chair. The way the vinyl split so easily was fascinating to me so I cut a bit more. When I finally stopped I had sliced up the entire arm. I tried to cover it up with a face towel but my Dad wasn't fooled. I had red marks on my legs from his brass Army belt buckle for days after that.
Old 11-22-18, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Batted a baseball through the bathroom window. It was a fancy type glass with swirls so you couldn't see through it.

As a teen I took blacklight paint and put a zillion dots on the ceiling and walls of my room. Was shooting for a night sky effect.

Got sick in the car. Stuck my head out the window and barfed all over the side of the car. Dad had just paste waxed the car by hand that day. He was pissed.

When I got together with the other delinquents in the neighborhood we did some real damage:

We would pass this church walking home from school. Once we let the air out of every tire on the church's bus.

Once we were playing baseball on the huge lawn of same church. Somebody hit the ball through a basement window into a wedding reception that was going on. We took off like bats out of hell.

There was a rental house that we got into once when it was empty and trashed the inside.

One house on our street had these hedges that were very stiff and springy. We'd run and jump onto the hedges and get sprung back. It was a blast. Over time the hedges became all smashed down and out of shape.

A house on our block had two apple trees in the backyard. During the summer, when no one was home, we'd pick teams and have apple fights. Throwing them at each other. Each team would climb into a tree and we'd pick and chuck apples at each other.
Old 11-22-18, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DeputyDave View Post
My wife's vagina and boobs
/thread
Old 11-22-18, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How does painting black light stars all over your room "ruin" it?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.