Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

The "Cops Behaving Friendly" Thread

Old 12-11-13, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The "Cops Behaving Friendly" Thread

The guy filming this sounds like an asshole. The cop had so much patience explaining himself

Old 12-11-13, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, fuck that shit. The cop should have shot him to death and claimed self defense.
Old 12-11-13, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow Canadian cops have a lot of restraint. They could teach their American counterparts a few things.

The woman screaming was all an act. "Look at me, I'm being abused! I'm a white female, you can't do this to me!" Classic entitlement temper tantrum. Then she tried to get her cuffs off and twisted her arms around in an awkward position, there was really no way she could not get hurt at that point. Her own fault, though. I'm surprised the cops bothered to explain themselves, they didn't need to do that.

And the guy filming it is an idiot. "You know she's a girl, right!" So the fuck what?
Old 12-11-13, 05:54 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

what a fun idea for a thread
Old 01-20-14, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 01-20-14, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
[Eddie Money] He Died [/Eddie Money]
Old 01-20-14, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He died.
Old 01-20-14, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Old 01-20-14, 08:35 PM
Suspended

Old 01-20-14, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I suppowed da cops gavim da grammah problemz 2
Old 12-02-14, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/...-to-age-of-son

A homeless family went to a Salvation Army shelter on a cold night. They were turned away because they had a 15 year old son. The Salvation Army will not accept families with male children between 12 and 16 years old.

Anyway, local police officers emptied their wallets and raised some money to put the family up in a hotel for the night. They also gave them dinner, groceries and cash.
Old 12-04-14, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Source: Cop Saves Dog From Car Crash

Originally Posted August 15, 2013

Cop Saves Dog From Car Crash

A cop in Pennsylvania is being hailed as a hero for rescuing a German shepherd from the site of a car crash. Pennsylvania patrol officer Nick Ague was called to the scene on August 11 and was told that a dog had run away from the car crash. Ague told ABC: “I heard other people say they saw a German shepherd running. Based on the location I could tell the dog was heading west.”

Ague and the dog’s owner set off down the road and eventually found her standing on the highway. The owner called out for Mya to come back but she wouldn’t move. According to Ague, the dog’s paws had melted off and she was in too much pain to move. Ague said: “The dog was not moving because the skin on the pads of her feet was hanging, presumably because of the distance she ran. She ran two miles from the crash on hot asphalt. When I realized that’s why she couldn’t walk the only thing I could think to do was pick her up.”

A photo of the cop rescuing the dog was posted on South Londonberry Township Facebook page and quickly went viral.

One user writes: “What a special gift you are to the police force and to this German shepherd who needed your help and was given so freely!!!!”
UPDATE: he did it so he could shoot the dog.
Old 12-04-14, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre View Post
UPDATE: he did it so he could shoot the dog.
*kvrdave tips his cap*
Old 07-27-15, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Would seem to go in this thread...
'He is a person:' Florida police officer praised for kind gesture to homeless man
7/27/2015

A Florida police officer is being praised for her kind gesture of sharing a meal with a homeless man.

Earlier this month, TiAnna Greene captured images of what appeared to be a police officer sharing a meal with a homeless man in Ocala, Fla. Greene then shared the images to Facebook, singing her praises for the officer for and her kind actions.

The officer in the photo was later confirmed by the Ocala Police Department to be Sgt. Erica Hay. She discussed what inspired her to share a meal with the homeless man with the Ocala Post.

"I was heading to Dunkin' Donuts to get breakfast when I saw this man sitting by himself, so, I decided to buy him breakfast," Hay said. "I then went over, sat down, and ate breakfast with him."

Since posting on July 16, Greene's image of Hay has been shared over 4,000 times combined on her and the police department's Facebook pages. Many social media users shared their stories and positive messages of the officer and her heart of gold.

"I've known Her over 10 years [and] she's still the same kind hearted person she was when she was just a officer," wrote one Facebook commenter.

"She was a jewel even when she was with [the Marion County Sheriff's Office.] She has the sweetest personality," wrote another.

Hay said that she had never met the man until that day but that he enjoyed the breakfast and the conversation.

"He turned out to be a very nice man who just has a sad story," Hay told the Ocala Post. "He is a person."
http://7online.com/society/florida-c...ss-man/885799/
Old 07-27-15, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
"I was heading to Dunkin' Donuts to get breakfast..."
Cops behaving stereotypically.
Old 07-27-15, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Glad this was started. I felt like a jerk at times with the other thread. Fact is, I know plenty of cops and think they are great people. And I'm a sucker for any feel good story like the lady cop above helping the homeless.
Old 08-24-15, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk God

This is a good one.

Old 08-24-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Looks like she could just give the poor bastard her next dozen meals and be the better for it.

Just kidding, had to make a typical smart ass remark. Good for her.
Old 08-27-15, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Posted here because Cops showed restraint and did not shoot her or beat her even when she was a danger on the road, made many sudden moves, and cleeearly reached into her pockets(privilege and benefit of doubt..but i digress )....

Suspected car thief dances during police chase in downtown Los Angeles Video at link.
Spoiler:
Warning to dvdtalk skinny chasers...she's a big girl.

DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) --
A suspected car thief led police on a wild chase in downtown Los Angeles, even getting out of the vehicle and dancing in the middle of the street.

According to Los Angeles police, the suspect was blasting through red lights and weaving in and out of traffic Wednesday night.

The suspect also ran over a spike strip and blew a tire, but that didn't stop her from giving police a run for their money.

At one point, she got out of the car and did a little dance, but then got back inside the vehicle.

A few moments later, officers swarmed the car, pulled her out and took her into custody near the 2000 block of East 8th Street.

The woman is believed to have been under the influence
Old 08-27-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Posted here because Cops showed restraint and did not shoot her or beat her even when she was a danger on the road, made many sudden moves, and cleeearly reached into her pockets(privilege and benefit of doubt..but i digress )....

Suspected car thief dances during police chase in downtown Los Angeles Video at link.
Spoiler:
Warning to dvdtalk skinny chasers...she's a big girl.
Stuck her fingers in her waist band and her pockets, I'm surprised they didn't buy her Burger King afterwards.

Last edited by inri222; 08-27-15 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-27-15, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

oooops!

Edited and posted in correct thread.

Last edited by inri222; 08-28-15 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-27-15, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wrong thread, but I guess all cop threads look the same to you two.
Old 08-28-15, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by printerati View Post
Wrong thread, but I guess all cop threads look the same to you two.
Oh Puh-leeez. Like I said...

Old 08-28-15, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there an alternate version where she gets her head blown off that we could post in the other thread?

Director's cut??
Old 08-28-15, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Too friendly maybe?

http://jezebel.com/police-officers-l...abo-1727272756

A reporter in Colorado was treated to a delightful voicemail this week from a sheriff’s deputy, who has thoughts on her breasts, face, body, and accent. The one thing he lacks — the only thing, really — is a basic understanding about how to hang up his phone so he doesn’t leave accidental messages. And now here we all are, together, having a learning experience.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.