Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Meet Taylor Chapman, Doughnut Avenger. Yes, it's Florida.

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 06-12-13, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.ibtimes.com/dunkin-donuts...eceipt-1301079

By Carey Vanderborg | June 11 2013 10:11 AM

A woman in Broward County, Fla., unleashed fury on Dunkin’ Donuts employees after she didn't receive a receipt with a previous order. The whole incident can be seen in the rant that was uploaded to YouTube.

In the eight-minute-long viral video, 27-year-old Taylor Chapman says that she is entitled to free food because of Dunkin' Donuts' stated policy that customers who do not get a receipt with their order are entitled to a refund.

In addition to complaining about the receipt, she claims that the employee who helped her during the prior transaction was less than helpful.

"This girl was so f**king rude to me and said 'OK well you can get your order free next time,' So you know what I told her, I said 'I want the whole f**king menu b**ch, twice,'" the woman says in the video. "A guarantee is a guarantee and I've already called my lawyer and he is already on it."

Meanwhile, the employee handling the disgruntled customer remains calm, cool and collected during the entire incident.

During the video, Ms. Chapman claims to be "from Indiana and Kentucky" (no word on how a person can hail from two states at once; perhaps her mother straddled the state line while delivering?) so at least Floridians can breathe a sign of relief that she's not a NATIVE of their state, even though her antics will accrue to its spotty reputation ever after.

It has also been noted elsewhere that the young Dunkin Donuts clerk who absorbed Ms. Chapman's tirade so coolly is an 18-year-old aspiring doctor. I think a fund should be started to put him through school. Perhaps one day he will be Ms. Chapman's psychiatrist.
Old 06-12-13, 11:03 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Meet Taylor Chapman, Doughnut Avenger. Yes, it's Florida.

Does their policy state a maximum for the "free" order? I notice at a local Quizno's, as the policy is posted on their register, that they allow a maximum of $10 given in the form of a gift card per person per day.
Old 06-12-13, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
During the video, Ms. Chapman claims to be "from Indiana and Kentucky" (no word on how a person can hail from two states at once; perhaps her mother straddled the state line while delivering?) so at least Floridians can breathe a sign of relief that she's not a NATIVE of their state, even though her antics will accrue to its spotty reputation ever after.
She's probably from Louisville-Jefferson County, KY-IN MSA, aka Kentuckiana.

...aka Indyucky
Old 06-12-13, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Warning LANGUAGE

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/poTf6e4zLlE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"I've already called my lawyer and he's on it!"
Old 06-12-13, 11:36 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Crap, she's a whiny, self-entitled, racist, beyotch. I feel sorry for whoever is foolish enough to date/marry her.
Old 06-12-13, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not too sure what International Business Times is or how well respected they are but why are they posting this rather idiotic pinhead's video? You look at the home page of the site and it looks like a real news site.

Love how she keeps saying it's going on Facebook. The 2013 equivalent of shouting into a void.
Old 06-12-13, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow. She is annoying! Thank goodness she didn't have issues with Bank of America.
Old 06-12-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
She's probably from Louisville-Jefferson County, KY-IN MSA, aka Kentuckiana.

...aka Indyucky
Even so, I don't know anyone here that would refer to their place of origin as Kentuckiana.
Old 06-12-13, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I love that she says that she knows they're likely shitting and spitting in her order so she's gonna give it to her boyfriend. I hope he dumps her ass on FaceBook.
Old 06-12-13, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the Corky St. Clair look-a-like, who's too afraid to make eye contract with this nutjob as she gives him the history on what restuarants are like back in Indianna.

"They pissed on my fries one time. And I could smell it."
Old 06-12-13, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wish one of the customers would have told her "do I look like I give a fuck?"
Old 06-12-13, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meth is bad, mmmkay.
Old 06-12-13, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow. I would thrown her out so fast. Especially after the racist stuff. Also, I would have told her she does not have permission to record video on private property.

I love how she constantly says "This is all going online!" Yes, it's going online, but that won't be good for you.

Last edited by Rockmjd23; 06-12-13 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-12-13, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 View Post
Wow. I would thrown her out so fast. Especially after the racist stuff. Also, I would have told her she does not have permission to record video on private property.
Nah. Best thing is to let it go. No need to be gangster and fight back. I think highly of the staff. Good for them.
Old 06-12-13, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll be honest - I was expecting to see a woman going off. This seemed like a legit complaint and the Manager was very accommodating, and while the woman was annoyed - she was being honest and ordered exactly what her order was last night.

It wasn't until at the end of the video she saw the girl who pissed her off that she went off and used a racial slur and started cursing out the employee, and then the Manager lost his patience and wanted to get her out of there asap.
Old 06-12-13, 01:52 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ. View Post
I'll be honest - I was expecting to see a woman going off. This seemed like a legit complaint and the Manager was very accommodating, and while the woman was annoyed - she was being honest and ordered exactly what her order was last night.

It wasn't until at the end of the video she saw the girl who pissed her off that she went off and used a racial slur and started cursing out the employee, and then the Manager lost his patience and wanted to get her out of there asap.
Mostly I'd agree. She started off with a legit request, though she was making bitchy snide comments in between talking to the manager.

Overall, the whole policy is stupid. Do you really need a receipt when you buy a coffee and donut? Most times people get the receipt and shove it in their pocket or throw it away as they leave the place. The policy should be no default receipt unless asked for one. Then, if they can't give a receipt at that time, some policy to handle it. For a fast food place like Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, etc. The transaction should flow from Order -> payment -> receive food/beverage. Why does unnecessary paper need to be added to the transaction?
Old 06-12-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by troystiffler View Post
Nah. Best thing is to let it go. No need to be gangster and fight back. I think highly of the staff. Good for them.
It depends. I would never let someone speak to my employees that way, but its different at a fast food place where nobody working there is really in charge or gives a crap.
Old 06-12-13, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vryce View Post
Mostly I'd agree. She started off with a legit request, though she was making bitchy snide comments in between talking to the manager.

Overall, the whole policy is stupid. Do you really need a receipt when you buy a coffee and donut? Most times people get the receipt and shove it in their pocket or throw it away as they leave the place. The policy should be no default receipt unless asked for one. Then, if they can't give a receipt at that time, some policy to handle it. For a fast food place like Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, etc. The transaction should flow from Order -> payment -> receive food/beverage. Why does unnecessary paper need to be added to the transaction?
Mitch? You're alive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWx6uA5aCrE
Old 06-12-13, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel sorry for whoever is foolish enough to date/marry her.
So basically you will feel sorry for yourself? you know you want to do her...
Old 06-12-13, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

It is to curtail potential cheating by the employee. Without the employee keying in the sale (or voiding it)... the employee could pocket the money and a place that does not have a strict inventory..like a donut shop, could lose a few donuts without anyone noticing.

I used to work with one of the largest security video providers. The one thing you learn... the MAIN reason security cameras exist at convenience stores and fast food is NOT the safety of the employees. It is to reduce loss by employee theft.
Old 06-12-13, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RandyC View Post
I used to work with one of the largest security video providers. The one thing you learn... the MAIN reason security cameras exist at convenience stores and fast food is NOT the safety of the employees. It is to reduce loss by employee theft.
Having installed many a security camera myself, I can attest to that fact.
Old 06-12-13, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I came in expecting a Mitch Hedberg related post and was not disappointed.
Old 06-12-13, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
I came in expecting a Mitch Hedberg related post and was not disappointed.
Woe to the reality where Mitch is dead, but this woman is still breathing.
Old 06-12-13, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Her facebook page was deleted (wuss).

Soon enough, the folks at 4chan and reddit will find out her address and phone number, and when they do, god help her.

EDIT: Her address has already published and the name of her fiance.

Stupid bitch.
Old 06-12-13, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't care what the policy is.. she isn't entitled to anything with that attitude, and she should have been booted from the store or police called for public nuisance.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.