Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Meet Taylor Chapman, Doughnut Avenger. Yes, it's Florida.

Other Talk "Otterville"

Meet Taylor Chapman, Doughnut Avenger. Yes, it's Florida.

Old 06-14-13, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Meet Taylor Chapman, Doughnut Avenger. Yes, it's Florida.

Old 06-14-13, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 521 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen View Post
It isn't that she did something ridiculous and stupid, it is that she is a terrible, hateful person, who clearly has behaved this way for quite some time, and will continue to in the future. It's not about a single act, but the type of person she is.

You bring up a perfect point in that the condemnation of her is coming from the internet, when she should be facing it in person. Why did no one in the Dunkin' Donuts tell her she was a piece of garbage and to take her childish show elsewhere? You can feel the disgust and embarrassment of the two men in the video. Why didn't one of them say something to her? For whatever reason (timidness, disinterest) when I see people behaving in this manner, very rarely will someone step up and shut them down. And I'm including myself as someone not as pro-active as I should be.

For once, I'm starting to wish people would behave more in real life like they do on the internet.
Count me as someone who ALWAYS steps up when people start acting a fool in public. They usually back down with a little criticism from the assemblage. Or maybe they're just afraid of the 300-lb politeness enforcer.
Old 06-14-13, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen View Post
Why did no one in the Dunkin' Donuts tell her she was a piece of garbage and to take her childish show elsewhere? You can feel the disgust and embarrassment of the two men in the video. Why didn't one of them say something to her? For whatever reason (timidness, disinterest) when I see people behaving in this manner, very rarely will someone step up and shut them down. And I'm including myself as someone not as pro-active as I should be.

For once, I'm starting to wish people would behave more in real life like they do on the internet.
As someone who worked in retail for years, I now have no problem telling unruly morons to shut up if I'm waiting in line behind them. It's interesting, because once one person speaks up, others will join in, but everyone stays silent until someone breaks the ice.
Old 06-14-13, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by shumway View Post
People act like they didn't do ridiculously stupid things when they were in their late teens or early twenties. The only difference is that there wasn't a way for you to foolishly share your stupidity with the world yet.
I can assure you that I never did anything that comes close to calling a worker behind the counter a ******.
Old 06-14-13, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I was a total idiot when I was 14 and I'm glad the internet wasn't what it is now because I would've made some really stupid comments. So I'm pretty forgiving when teenagers misbehave. This idiot is a full grown woman who consciously chose to bring all this on herself. Mind-boggling stupidity here.

I hope those nice employees get some kind of little bonus out of this.
Old 06-14-13, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
Count me as someone who ALWAYS steps up when people start acting a fool in public. They usually back down with a little criticism from the assemblage. Or maybe they're just afraid of the 300-lb politeness enforcer.
Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 View Post
As someone who worked in retail for years, I now have no problem telling unruly morons to shut up if I'm waiting in line behind them. It's interesting, because once one person speaks up, others will join in, but everyone stays silent until someone breaks the ice.
Thank you for your service in keeping things civil on this planet. I wish more people were as forthright as you guys.
Old 06-14-13, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't even need to see the video to know that I hate her.

People who take vertical videos are worse than Hitler.
Old 06-14-13, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by shumway View Post
I really don't understand the internet mob mentality these days.
It's all the nerds that, when kids, got the legos and star wars toys slapped out of their hands by bullies, have grown up and can now do it to other people online and without risk of getting hit. Personally, I enjoy these crazy people filming themselves being crazy. I enjoy even more of fucked up people have to be to start getting involved so much through youtube and reddit comments.. to the point where they are doing background research... digging years into the past, researchign their relatives, hunting down addresses, workplaces, old photos, etc. They don't know her, the victim, they weren't there. They don't live in that city, that state. This even has no affect on them or anyone in their lives. In my mind, they are even more mentally fucked than she.
Return to DD. Get a free meal. Move on.
Watch the video. Laugh. Move on.
That's how sane fucking people act.
Old 06-14-13, 01:43 PM
RIP

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Update? Has she taken her own life yet?
Old 06-14-13, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalTea View Post
I don't even need to see the video to know that I hate her.

People who take vertical videos are worse than Hitler.
The problem is, if you hold up the iPod the way you think it's supposed to be held while you're recording, the video comes out vertical. It's only after you see the damned thing on your computer that you realize it came out vertical. You have to remember to turn your iPod (or cellphone) sideways before filming.
Old 06-14-13, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mmconhea View Post
They don't know her, the victim, they weren't there. They don't live in that city, that state. This even has no affect on them or anyone in their lives. In my mind, they are even more mentally fucked than she.
Return to DD. Get a free meal. Move on.
Watch the video. Laugh. Move on.
That's how sane fucking people act.
Well no, we don't know her or the people she harassed. But as someone who worked in customer service through high school and college, I do have empathy for other human beings who find themselves at the receiving end of a belligerent asshole's bullying but who are required (or think they're required) as a part of their job to show infinite patience/tolerance in return.

I didn't find the video funny. It was fucking depressing.

While I agree that it's not cool to post her home address and other identifying information, she absolutely does deserve all the scorn she's getting.
Old 06-14-13, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Matt925 View Post
I hope those nice employees get some kind of little bonus out of this.
Actually, someone did set up a fund for the two, so it looks like they'll both be getting a few thousand dollars:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/so...d-nithi?c=home

Dunkin' Donuts will also be "honoring" them, but it'll probably just be something lame.
Old 06-14-13, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I say burn her in effigy so the world will know that hot girls who are racist, crazy bitches can still be turned against, no matter what they say with their pouty supple lips.
Old 06-14-13, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 133 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Sondheim View Post
Dunkin' Donuts will also be "honoring" them, but it'll probably just be something lame.
Old 06-14-13, 02:36 PM
RIP

Originally Posted by foofighters7 View Post
I say burn her in effigy so the world will know that hot girls who are racist, crazy bitches can still be turned against, no matter what they say with their pouty supple lips.
Pouty supple lips framing Mr. Ed's mouth.
Old 06-14-13, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 521 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieMoney View Post
Pouty supple lips framing Mr. Ed's mouth.
We have her home address; let's send her a feed bag full of oats.
Old 06-14-13, 02:53 PM
RIP

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
We have her home address; let's send her a feed bag full of oats.
Good idea, but I'd rather send her a bag full of horseshit.
Old 06-14-13, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Make sure you don't forget the receipt!
Old 06-14-13, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post
The problem is, if you hold up the iPod the way you think it's supposed to be held while you're recording, the video comes out vertical. It's only after you see the damned thing on your computer that you realize it came out vertical. You have to remember to turn your iPod (or cellphone) sideways before filming.
I hate vertical video as much as the next guy here (ok, maybe they're not QUITE as bad as Hitler) but I place some of the blame on the cell phone manufacturers. People find it a lot more natural to hold it that way, so maybe what the Samsungs and Apples of the world need to do is make the camera sideways. That would screw it up for stills though, where people manage to figure out how to hold the phone the right way.
Old 06-14-13, 03:02 PM
RIP

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 View Post
^Make sure you don't forget the receipt!
How could I forget the receipt? I'm no dumb ******.
Old 06-14-13, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieMoney View Post
Update? Has she taken her own life yet?
Probably out getting a name change, changing her hair color, and getting her hair cut short which is what she should do if she's smart...which is debatable.
Old 06-14-13, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Update: FIRED! http://www.powersalesteam.com/blog/
Old 06-14-13, 07:24 PM

Well no, we don't know her or the people she harassed. But as someone who worked in customer service through high school and college, I do have empathy for other human beings who find themselves at the receiving end of a belligerent asshole's bullying but who are required (or think they're required) as a part of their job to show infinite patience/tolerance in return.
I worked at a gas station for 5 years and it is awful being on the receiving end of that kind of shit.

Then one day (toward the end of my tenure there) I decided I wasn't going to take it anymore and started dishing it back at them when people came up to me with shit.

Actually, someone did set up a fund for the two, so it looks like they'll both be getting a few thousand dollars:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/so...d-nithi?c=home

That's a little ridiculous in my opinion. That's kind of one of the things that comes with working this type of job.

I dealt with this kind of shit all the time and had a gun pointed in my face as my store was robbed. I got jack-shit.
Old 06-14-13, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts

She fired herself.
Old 06-14-13, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 657 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie W View Post

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.