Reload this Page >

Should I go for it? Relationship advice needed

Other Talk "Otterville"

Old 02-28-13, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok this may sound strange, but the members of this board are experts at strange.

WARNING: This could get long, if you read it all, thank you.

I don't know if I've ever said so in any of my posts but I work here in town at the hospital in the nutrition (kitchen) department in many facets.

Sometimes I work behind the scenes, sometimes I visit patients to talk to them about their diets and take their meal orders.

About two weeks ago, I went into a room to talk to a patient because we go at certain times to let patients know the current meal period is about to end, and they have X amount of time remaining to order...

Officially I use both my first and middle names, but ask everyone to call me by my initials. My work badge only lists my first name, so to avoid confusion 99% of the time I DON'T say both names to patients I meet the first time because then I get "but your badge doesn't say that"

(hope that made sense)

Within seconds of my explaining meal service was soon to end, the woman in the bed, said, "You're **!" using both my names.

I guess my surprise registered on my face, because she said, "I remember you from church when you were a little kid! Wow, you're sure not a kid anymore, you're all grown up!"

She remembered my parents' names, their physical appearances, and other things from the past. Age is nothing but a number, but she's five years older than I.

We chatted a little, I took her meal order and left, thinking not much more of it. The next day again I had to go to her room to get her order.

She started asking me how things were for me, was I married (no), have kids (no), and she said she had been married but been single for a few years. She seemed surprised when I told her that at present, I also have no girlfriend.

Over the next couple of days I went back to her room three or four times, to deliver trays, take orders. She kept saying how nice it was to see me, How nice I was, that I had grown into a handsome man (thought it was the pain medicine talking), etc, etc.

On a whim, I searched for her on Facebook, and found her. I sent a simple message saying it had been nice to see her, and I was praying she get well soon.

Three days later, I got a reply saying she was still in the hospital, come by to see her anytime, XOXO.

????

Not sure if she was being nice or flirtatious. An hour or two after receiving the message, I had to go upstairs to deliver something, and as soon as I exited the elevator, there she was resting in the chairs usually reserved for visitors.

She said hi, and asked if I received her message, I said yes, and again we made small talk... walking away, I noticed her watching me.

Later after work, I went back to Facebook and requested her as a friend. Within 60 seconds, she confirmed. Instead of writing a hello message on my wall, she wrote one on hers, just simply saying, "Hi JP"

I responded saying, "You're in my prayers", she said, "Thank you, you're so sweet, you really have become a man, amazing!"

I told her she was going to give me a big head or make me blush, she said, "Maybe both???"

We sent her a couple of more messages through Facebook messenger, and she asked if our conversation was private. I assured her it was.

My cell # is on my about page, so she texted me, saying "Please call me," I was like, nah, she was "Please just for a minute"...

Ok so I did and we talked for an hour, about all sorts of things. She kept saying I had a sexy voice, it was mesmerizing. Whaaaa?

Last few days, we've been texting a little, I've had one more conversation with her (2+ hours), been back to her room with orders three or four times.

Today she was discharged. She wants to know if we can get together sometime, and maybe something will happen, maybe not.

She has two children, one who has a grandchild. That doesn't bother me. What I question is that she told me the time period she remembers me from I was around 6-7 years old, which would have made her 11-12.

She says she remembers me being a sweet, happy kid, and now I'm a sweet handsome man.

Is it normal or is it creepy that she would remember me after almost 30 years? I just turned 36 last week, she was 41 last November...

Should I say I just want to be friends? More? Nothing? She got me to admit I haven't had the best of luck with women, and she said I had "so much potential", and could "teach me so much"... I haven't had a girlfriend for a few years now, and can't remember one ever making the first move on me...

What should I do???????????
Old 02-28-13, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Should I go for it? Relationship advice needed

And yet another person who has never read my sig.
Old 02-28-13, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 View Post
It doesn't bother you that she's a great grandmother at age 41?
Grandmother. Daughter graduated HS 2011.
Old 02-28-13, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm failing to see why you shouldn't go for it, if you feel there might be something there. She clearly wants to jump onboard.
Old 02-28-13, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Go for it.

If it doesn't workout, no big deal because you don't personally know her. It won't be awkward.

The age factor, that's up to you. Will you be comfortable introducing her to your friends? If you won't care, your friends won't care either.

Good luck.
Old 02-28-13, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When in doubt, read phryzbe's sig.
Old 02-28-13, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's a little creepy that she keeps referencing your childhood. I'm getting a Ron Swanson & Tammy I kind of vibe...
Old 02-28-13, 06:31 AM
Banned by request

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How can we possibly make a ruling without pics?
Old 02-28-13, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts

Honestly, she sounds a little creepy to me, but more creepy awkward than creepy dangerous. If you find her attractive and enjoy spending time with her, go for it.
Old 02-28-13, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 View Post
It doesn't bother you that she's a great grandmother at age 41?

Damn - beat me to it!
Old 02-28-13, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 168 Likes on 121 Posts

When I hear stories about someone hitting on a sexy nurse, I usually think of something else.

Anyway, go for it.
Old 02-28-13, 07:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
How can we possibly make a ruling without pics?
And this is why you're a mod. This motherfucker here...needs a ruling. Give him the fucking ruling for him to rule.

Also the OP said the daughter had a grandchild...and she graduated HS in 2011. I think the OP fucked up on what that daughter is.
Old 02-28-13, 07:46 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

No way. She's clearly not into you, why can't you take a hint?
Old 02-28-13, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Oh my God, she basically slapped you in the face with interest.

Personally the grand kids thing would bother me, but hey that's me.
Old 02-28-13, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You should totally tap that GILF.
Old 02-28-13, 08:15 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

tl;dr, but my advice, don't go for it, and die alone.
Old 02-28-13, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

She's only five years older, but the way she talks about you, she seems way older than that. All the "you've grown into such a handsome man" is something an old lady would say.
Old 02-28-13, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12 View Post
She's only five years older, but the way she talks about you, she seems way older than that. All the "you've grown into such a handsome man" is something an old lady would say.
Yeah, I picked up on that also. She seems to be coming on pretty strong, which would probably give me pause.
Old 02-28-13, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 145 Likes on 110 Posts

You haven't described her physically. Are you attracted to her?

Sounds like she wants to take things fast but I would take it slow. And don't sleep with her until you're ready to have her as your girlfriend.
Old 02-28-13, 09:08 AM

I'm assuming that as a member of the nutrition department you roofied her jello and peed in her butt while she was out cold. If you enjoyed that experience, I would ask her out.
Old 02-28-13, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

IT'S A TRAP!!!

Seriously, if you like her, I don't see what the problem is. Ask her out on a real date and make your intentions clear that THIS IS A DATE, don't be a pussy about it.

Then you will find out, but just make sure this is what YOU want too
Old 02-28-13, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I generally agree with the "Go for it" sentiment, but have one caveat: since you work at the hospital and she was a patient there, make sure you're not bound by an HR rules that prohibit dating recent patients.
Old 02-28-13, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by JP5683 View Post
Grandmother. Daughter graduated HS 2011.
Whatever you do, don't get her pregnant.
Old 02-28-13, 09:47 AM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

We sent her a couple of more messages through Facebook messenger, and she asked if our conversation was private. I assured her it was.
Until you posted it on DVDTalk, anyway.
Old 02-28-13, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I told her she was going to give me a big head or make me blush, she said, "Maybe both???"

What are you waiting for?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.