Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

If I do this, will I be acting douchey? Three girls, two questions, one thread....

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

If I do this, will I be acting douchey? Three girls, two questions, one thread....

Old 02-04-13, 09:50 PM

...and not that exciting...

Question #1:
Went on a date with a lady, we still talk some, but not really my type. We went to a thing and her friend was there. I got it bad for her single friend, but don't know how to get a hold of her. Never got her last name. Can I ask the girl I went on a date with for her friends number? Not sure if that would go over well with either of them.

Question #2:
Edited: Eh, changed my mind don't want to ask Q2.
Old 02-04-13, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: If I do this, will I be acting douchey? Three girls, two questions, one thread...

Question #1 Douchey

Question #2 Not Douchey
Old 02-04-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: If I do this, will I be acting douchey? Three girls, two questions, one thread...

#1 sounds like it would come off pretty douchey, but I guess it depends on how good of friends they are. Or how slutty.
Old 02-04-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I disagree, Question #2 was twice as douchey.
Old 02-04-13, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Extremely douchey. The mind roils at the douchiness of it. Don't do it.
Old 02-04-13, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
#1 sounds like it would come off pretty douchey, but I guess it depends on how good of friends they are. Or how slutty.
Not slutty. They are the opposite of slutty. Not really sure how good of friends they are. Maybe good friends, but not best friends?
Old 02-04-13, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
Extremely douchey. The mind roils at the douchiness of it. Don't do it.
What if I say it's for a friend that I think should meet her? I then I call her and say the friend backed out and I'm just calling to apologize...thus opening the door for a conversation?
Old 02-04-13, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald View Post
What if I say it's for a friend that I think should meet her? I then I call her and say the friend backed out and I'm just calling to apologize...thus opening the door for a conversation?
The two of them are friends. It's not like the first woman won't find out what you're up to.
Old 02-04-13, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How is it douchey? How else are you ever going to see the girl in question? You say you went out with girl#1 once? Big fucking deal if she gets pissed at you. Give it a shot. What do you have to lose?

Best case you get the girl's number. Worst case you piss off both of them and never see either one of them again, but most likely you'll never see the girl you want to meet anyway since you have no way to meet her.
Old 02-04-13, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Beyond douchey.
Old 02-04-13, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Getting Digits B from Reject A without insulting both has a nightmare difficulty level. This level is usually reserved for vampires, hypnotists & James Bond.

Last edited by adamblast; 02-04-13 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-04-13, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Put yourself in the girl's shoes. Would you really be upset if you went out with a girl and didn't hit it off and then the girl asked you for your buddy's phone number? Who gives a flying fuck?
Old 02-04-13, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This would be hard if it were 1992. Can you not go through A's list of friends on Facwbook and identify B? You can then send her a message to her Inbox even without being "friends".
Old 02-04-13, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whoopdido View Post
Who gives a flying fuck?
Well, there's always that, too. Who gives a flying fuck makes anything easier.

Last edited by adamblast; 02-04-13 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-04-13, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How many of these "girls" are actually dudes you've met through a non gay website?
Old 02-05-13, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you have to ask, you're a douchebag.
Old 02-05-13, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dork View Post
How many of these "girls" are actually dudes you've met through a non gay website?

Old 02-05-13, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think the only way to pull this off is to get married to the reject girl and invite the hot girls to your wedding. While at the wedding, you'll have to figure out her last name through conversation. Don't try and get her last name from your fiance when sending out invites!! She'll know what you're up to and get real pissed off!
Old 02-05-13, 07:30 AM

Put yourself in the girl's shoes. Would you really be upset if you went out with a girl and didn't hit it off and then the girl asked you for your buddy's phone number? Who gives a flying fuck?
The girl I went out with is a really nice girl, we just don't have much in common. So I really don't want to upset her or hurt her feelings.

The girl I went on a date with is not on Facebook.
Old 02-05-13, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The girl I went out with is a really nice girl, we just don't have much in common. So I really don't want to upset her or hurt her feelings.

The girl I went on a date with is not on Facebook.
So you're friends? If she's your friend, she'll understand and will want you to be happy. If you're not friends, who cares if you upset her?
Old 02-05-13, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So you're friends? If she's your friend, she'll understand and will want you to be happy. If you're not friends, who cares if you upset her?
Karma.
Old 02-05-13, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How long ago was the date with #1? If it was a year ago, cool. Two weeks ago, not cool.

Has #1 ever spoken with you about any dates either one of you have had since your date with her?

Have you and #1 ever spoken about #2?

You say #1 is not your type, do you think she feels the same way, or is she hoping for something more between you?

How close is the friendship between #1 and #2?

Would #2 even remember you? Did you chat with her at all during the party, or play pocket pool while staring at her from across the room?
Old 02-05-13, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

...and not that exciting...

Question #1:
Went on a date with a lady, we still talk some, but not really my type. We went to a thing and her friend was there. I got it bad for her single friend, but don't know how to get a hold of her. Never got her last name. Can I ask the girl I went on a date with for her friends number? Not sure if that would go over well with either of them.

Question #2:
Edited: Eh, changed my mind don't want to ask Q2.
Fix girl #1 up with a friend of yours. If it works out for the two of them, then you ask about her friend and see if you can set up a double date and take it from there.

Of course, the guys who succeed at this kind of thing are the guys who never ask for advice and just go ahead and do what you wanted to do and if it didn't work would have found some other way to connect with the desired babe.

In general, if you have to ask for advice you're doomed to failure.
Old 02-05-13, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Need more information. Does Girl #1 like you and want to keep seeing you? If she does then it's a douchey move and one that won't work. Even if girl #1 gives you girl #2's information, chances are the girl #2 won't go against her friend and date you. Especially if they're not slutty as you say.

If she's not all that into you then I don't see the issue in asking. Although if that's the case girl #2 will immediately wonder what is wrong with you that girl #1 pawned you off.
Old 02-05-13, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

As usual, George Costanza has the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEm67OiOx8

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.