DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Local News Anchor Tells Off Bully (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/605319-local-news-anchor-tells-off-bully.html)

NORML54601 10-02-12 04:50 PM

Local News Anchor Tells Off Bully

This is from one of the anchors of a local news channel here in town. I have to give her props for even addressing this on air and for shaming the e-mailer. It's also a good reminder that you really shouldn't give a shit about what people think about you, be happy being yourself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GdJ2jHii6Y0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Troy Stiffler 10-02-12 04:59 PM

Re: Local News Anchor Tells Off Bully

Not sure if you'll find much agreement here. The people on this forum are mostly fit and hate fat people.

DeputyDave 10-02-12 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by troystiffler (Post 11409704)
Not sure if you'll find much agreement here. The people on this forum are mostly fit and hate fat people.

Exactly, the only good thing about her is that my extremely large penis will look almost normal with her.

LurkerDan 10-02-12 05:14 PM

good for her.

Norm de Plume 10-02-12 05:19 PM

Ditto.:up:

Jeremy517 10-02-12 05:21 PM

The letter shouldn't have been written, but it in no way was it bullying.

Rockmjd23 10-02-12 05:24 PM

How many ridiculous letters do news anchors get? How many perverts send emails to the hot news anchors? You're a public figure, get over it.

DaveyJoe 10-02-12 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 11409730)
How many ridiculous letters do news anchors get? How many perverts send emails to the hot news anchors? You're a public figure, get over it.

It's an extremely common thing. There's an enormous amount of pressure on female reporter/anchors concerning their appearance from their own bosses much less from the general public. This hardly seems like something worth 4 minutes of airtime to me. I'm thinking the only reason the station is allowing it to get any play is because of the ridiculous attention the media is giving to the "bullying epidemic" in this country.

I don't really consider the viewer's e-mail to be bullying.

mrhan 10-02-12 05:47 PM

Some people were discussing this in the office and someone mentioned that was actor Ron Livingston's sister. Don't know if that's true or not.

inri222 10-02-12 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by troystiffler (Post 11409704)
The people on this forum are mostly fit and hate fat people.

In addition to that and large penises, they also have super model quality spouses and make tons of money.

RagingBull80 10-02-12 05:57 PM

That letter was indeed written by a bully. Though he may not have been addressing her as "Miss Fatty Pants" that doesn't mean that what he said wasn't hurtful bullying.

Originally Posted by LurkerDan (Post 11409721)
good for her.

:thumbsup:

wishbone 10-02-12 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by mrhan (Post 11409752)
Some people were discussing this in the office and someone mentioned that was actor Ron Livingston's sister. Don't know if that's true or not.

His sister, Jennifer Livingston, is a TV news personality at CBS/WKBT in La Crosse, Wisconsin.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0515296/bio

Well how do ya like those chotchkies...

islandclaws 10-02-12 06:00 PM

The irony is that she was probably so upset it drove her to eat a cheesecake.

JTH182 10-02-12 06:04 PM

Guilty.

Coral 10-02-12 06:07 PM

The fat chick has a point.

I wouldn't consider it bullying at all, but the e-mail was just stupid.

Who are these people to expect "celebrities" to be responsible for being a good example (however that's defined) for someone else's kids? You don't like what you see or what your kids see, turn the fucking channel. She's supposed to adjust her life for some stranger? Suck an egg.

With that said, she's not a half-bad looking woman. I think she could be somewhat hot if she decided to lose some weight.

Josh-da-man 10-02-12 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 11409730)

They get lots of stuff like this every day.

When I was going to college, one of the local news anchors was doing some stuff with one of our classes, and was telling us about all of the stuff that happens. People would repeatedly call up the station or send letters complaining about their clothes and hair. People would attack the local news anchors because the network cancelled their favorite program, or some character got killed off of a soap opera, or because a football game ran over and delayed a program... the kind of things that any intelligent person would know the people who read the news do not control.

...and this was before every idiot and loser had internet access. I suspect it's only gotten worse.

whoopdido 10-02-12 06:29 PM

Fat ass should report the news and call it a day. Oh woe is me...somebody called me fat. Eat a Twinkie or 10 and get back to doing your job.

TGM 10-02-12 06:34 PM

tl;dw

Troy Stiffler 10-02-12 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by whoopdido (Post 11409795)
Fat ass should report the news and call it a day. Oh woe is me...somebody called me fat. Eat a Twinkie or 10 and get back to doing your job.

That's the DVDTalk forum I know.

Losing weight is easy. Being fat is a life choice. And you're costing taxpayers billions of dollars!

Crocker Jarmen 10-02-12 06:57 PM

Person who wrote the letter is an idiot for being so concerned about a anchor woman's duty as a role model.

However, she seems to be no better than he is, trying to align an email she didn't like with a now popular cause (anti-bullying) as a way of making it seem like a bigger deal than it really is.

They can both go fuck themselves.

General Zod 10-02-12 07:05 PM

tf;dw

FantasticVSDoom 10-02-12 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen (Post 11409829)
Person who wrote the letter is an idiot for being so concerned about a anchor woman's duty as a role model.

However, she seems to be no better than he is, trying to align an email she didn't like with a now popular cause (anti-bullying) as a way of making it seem like a bigger deal than it really is.

They can both go fuck themselves.

Agree with this... I happen to think she's attractive and dont care about her weight, however her job is to report the news. I couldnt finish listening to her blathering on and bitching about her white people problems.

Rockmjd23 10-02-12 07:09 PM

"Look at me, I was bullied! Shower me with support and complimentary tweets and Facebook likes! Maybe I can get on Ellen!"

RagingBull80 10-02-12 07:13 PM

I imagine this thread would have turned out differently had the news anchor been a skinny blonde who had been abused in some way.

BTW I don't think she was whining or anything like that. I think she was using a platform she had to spread a good message.

Oops, I meant to say that she's a stupid fat slob. :doh:

Rockmjd23 10-02-12 07:16 PM

Her weight doesn't matter to me. If anything, I'd be less sympathetic if it was a skinny blonde who got some kind of mean email.