Reload this Page >

Local News Anchor Tells Off Bully

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Local News Anchor Tells Off Bully

Old 10-05-12, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Re: Local News Anchor Tells Off Bully

Is she really going on Ellen to use this as an example of bullying? I would equate bullying as harassment, but among kids. I don't think one viewer being an asshole and critical of her role on TV counts as harassment.

As far as losing weight being easy I used to think so but have changed my mind the more I've thought about it. For one thing, if you get to be very fat, you can't just start eating a lot less, or go on a crash diet because you'll do harm to your health and you might get stuck with flabbiness around your waist, arms and other parts. You have to restrict your calorie amount but also do some jogging, maybe even do some workouts with high reps, and slowly but gradually shed the lbs.
Old 10-05-12, 04:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Death, war, murder, rape, famine, disease....but let's get all upset over someone calling us names. Solid logic there, Thicky.
Old 10-05-12, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
Is she really going on Ellen to use this as an example of bullying? I would equate bullying as harassment, but among kids. I don't think one viewer being an asshole and critical of her role on TV counts as harassment.

As far as losing weight being easy I used to think so but have changed my mind the more I've thought about it. For one thing, if you get to be very fat, you can't just start eating a lot less, or go on a crash diet because you'll do harm to your health and you might get stuck with flabbiness around your waist, arms and other parts. You have to restrict your calorie amount but also do some jogging, maybe even do some workouts with high reps, and slowly but gradually shed the lbs.
Well, I've only watched a couple of Ellen shows, but I get the feeling she has anyone on for any reason.

I am curious where the email writer is in all this. Has someone interviewed him? Are they keeping his identity a secret?

Any I agree with you. I personally think the slower you lose the better. When I first attempted to lose I went from about 3,500 calories a day to 2,000 and did a low fat thing. I failed miserably. So then I restarted and simply dropped 300-400 calories. Sure I still gained weight, but much slower. And did that for a couple weeks before dropping 300-400 more calories.

I wish I had started exercising right away. I didn't do anything but cut calories and didn't join a gym till I had lost 25-30 lbs. and even then only worked out 3 times a week 20-30 min a day and barely if any weights.

I took about a year to lose 50lbs. 2 years to lose a total of about 70. Than took a year off and just "lived with it". Then the 4th year I lost another 15 but focused more on running and free weights. And 5th (current year) I've lost another 15 continuing to run and really focusing on lifting.

Yes, I had some minor set backs. Early this year I gained about 15. Stress from job and personal got to me. But honestly, I didn't freak out. I view all this as a process. A lifestyle. So I would expect some minor variance. But even when I faulted a bit, I continued to run and workout. Which kept my fitness levels up.

Last edited by Sdallnct; 10-05-12 at 04:59 AM.
Old 10-05-12, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
you can still lose weight with a "slow" metabolism
I never said you couldn't.
Old 10-05-12, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
Death, war, murder, rape, famine, disease....but let's get all upset over someone calling us names. Solid logic there, Thicky.
Yes. I'm waiting for her rant against the Turkish snuff industry. And Taliban-funded heroin trade.

C'mon, fatty. Let's get to the real issues.
Old 10-05-12, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmkb View Post
"I am more than a number on a scale"
Yeah, she's THREE numbers on a scale! OHHHHHHHH
Old 10-05-12, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
Yeah, she's THREE numbers on a scale! OHHHHHHHH

And the first number is probably not a 1.

That does not count as bullying either
Old 10-05-12, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
Great. This bully has made her a star. Now it's going to get women thinking it's okay to be fat.

I have to give credit to this fatty - she's a genius for how she's parlayed this into fame.
Old 10-05-12, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really hope she starts doing McDonald's commercials.
Old 10-05-12, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
I really hope she starts doing McDonald's commercials.
My number one fast food breakfast item that I eat regularly is from McDonald's,

Though if a Panera Bread is near buy, I also love their Power Sandwich. That and their Hazelnut coffee...yummy.

Old 10-05-12, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am curious where the email writer is in all this. Has someone interviewed him? Are they keeping his identity a secret?
He issued a statement the day after the shit hit the fan, and has been talking to the media.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ng-ron-kenneth
Old 10-05-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
Old 10-05-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My number one fast food breakfast item that I eat regularly is from McDonald's,

Though if a Panera Bread is near buy, I also love their Power Sandwich. That and their Hazelnut coffee...yummy.
Cool!
Old 10-05-12, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My favorite kind of 'apology:' "If she is offended, I truly apologize to Jennifer,"

Old 10-05-12, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the best part is that he called her a "big media personality"
Old 10-05-12, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"today at work, i saw a fat lady who didnt want to cook and accept her fatness... the twist is she's a news anchor"

Old 10-05-12, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How long before she becomes the new Jenny Craig spokesperson?? Ha ha hey this IS fun!!!
Old 10-05-12, 06:17 PM
Suspended

Fat peoples be so crazy.
Old 10-05-12, 09:10 PM
Political Exile

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shin...162339612.html

Livingston subsequently appearing on Good Morning America with her husband, WKBT anchor Mike Thompson, who questioned why Krause would attack someone he knows nothing about.

"He doesn't know that she has a condition, a thyroid condition, that makes it harder for her to lose weight. He doesn't know any of that," says Thompson of his wife, who is a triathlete and runner. "He just decided to attack her for no reason."
Old 10-05-12, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Fatasses normally have a thyroid condition--and i highly doubt she was born with it. It's because they ate so goddamn much, their thyroid was tweaked by shitty food. I should know. I did the same.

She probably has Type 2 Diabetes as well.
Old 10-05-12, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Fatasses normally have a thyroid condition--and i highly doubt she was born with it. It's because they ate so goddamn much, their thyroid was tweaked by shitty food. I should know. I did the same.

She probably has Type 2 Diabetes as well.
This.

I truly believe getting in shape (not just losing weight, but adding muscle, eating much better - not perfect, but much better) is the miracle cure for everything. Its almost like that salesman in the wild west saying the elixir he was selling cured whatever it was that ailed you. Getting in shape, I believe does that for you as well. It certainly did for me.

Not only did the obvious improve, things like blood pressure (and high blood pressure runs in my family), my good cholesterol improved and my bad was lowered. My resting heart rate dropped dramatically.

In addition, my eye sight improved. Literally. Including no longer having astigmatism in one eye (the other eye has it). I'm more flexible, don't get winded walking up a couple flights of stares. Mowing the lawn is a warm up for the day. I know longer get sore from simple tasks. I don't need a nap after minor activity.

And a lot of mental things happened. I enjoy buying clothing. I use to not be able to buy North Face stuff. And now Express shirts are my favorite and I have a virtual closet full of them. I love the social fun of running in 5k races.

I could never imagine all the improvements. And I have trouble relaying that to others. My wife for example. Simply fights me and fights me on it to the point I don't bring it up any more. Like the lady with the "thyroid condition". My wife says she can't lose or can't go to the gym due to this or that. Well, I had EXACTLY the same excuses before I just went and did it. She won't even try to see. I mean really, workout some, modify eating, what is the worse that could happen? Yet the benefit is so amazing.
Old 10-06-12, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

This thread seems to make a good argument that there is at least one thing that getting in shape doesn't cure.
Old 10-06-12, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
This thread seems to make a good argument that there is at least one thing that getting in shape doesn't cure.
Being a dick? It's being a dick, isn't it?
Old 10-06-12, 06:57 AM

Or maybe bad spelling?
Old 10-06-12, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by whoopdido View Post
...after 28 minutes of bitching about mean letters...oh, oops...I guess some planes ran into some buildings in New York City. We'll tell you all about that tomorrow...as long as we don't get any more mean letters.
This is half a step above Godwin's Law....