Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Unarmed teen gets shot by overzealous neighborhood watch (Florida!)UPDATE: Z Arrested

Other Talk "Otterville"

Unarmed teen gets shot by overzealous neighborhood watch (Florida!)UPDATE: Z Arrested

Old 03-26-12, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: Unarmed teen gets shot by overzealous neighborhood watch (Florida!)UPDATE: Z Arrested

Did I really read in this thread that 17 vs 28 is an 11-year youth advantage? That's one of the dumbest things Ive ever read on this forum.
Old 03-26-12, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Unarmed teen gets shot by overzealous neighborhood watch (Florida!)UPDATE: Z Arrested

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse View Post
That's been the story from the start. When the police arrived Zimmerman had a broken nose that was bleeding, marks on his face, the back of his head split open and bleeding where he fell after being hit or had his head bounced off the ground/sidewalk. He had been screaming for help, no one came, and he defended ....
Conveniently missing the START of the story... obviously self-defense when you leave out the offense, isn't it?
Old 03-26-12, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one more thing. even if martian did try and get the gun away Zimmerman never should have been in that situation. you have a 17 yr old who has been followed, in a neighborhood he may not be that familiar with, being confronted be a guy, in the freaking dark with a GUN? I'd try and kick his ass and get the gun too.

Any of you still trying to defend Zimmerman explain that to me. Please?
Old 03-26-12, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom View Post
Did I really read in this thread that 17 vs 28 is an 11-year youth advantage? That's one of the dumbest things Ive ever read on this forum.
Agree.
Old 03-26-12, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now there's aliens involved too‽
Old 03-26-12, 02:05 PM
Suspended

Received 537 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
Now there's aliens involved too‽
It's very offensive of you to stereotype Zimmerman as being illegal.
Old 03-26-12, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom View Post
I missed that.
Old 03-26-12, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

GZ said he didn't confront TM and was walking back to his car when TM attacked and beat him...
Old 03-26-12, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

So if GZ was fearing for his life when TM confronted him, to the point that he HAD to shoot him....WHY THE FUCK DID HE CHASE THE GUY WITH AN APPARENT HARDON FOR A CONFRONTATION?
Old 03-26-12, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
GZ said he didn't confront TM and was walking back to his car when TM attacked and beat him...
Can anyone corroborate this? Of course not...but it sure makes it sound better from Zimmerman's perspective.

I take anything that Zimmerman said outside of what was recorded or witnessed directly by others with a healthy grain of salt.
Old 03-26-12, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
Unless they show that martin pulled zimmerman out of the car and just started beating the crap out of him I still dont see an excuse.

He followed when told that was not needed. He got out of his car with a loaded gun. It doesn't matter to me what else happened. He should not have got out of the car period. I still have not heard anything that changes my opinion.
Agreed. No witness saw the initiation of contact. Fatty could have initiated it and the kid fucked him up. if the kid fucked him up in that circumstance, it was well deserved. Fatty should have let the police do their jobs from the onset.

This has nothing to do with race to me. They are both minorities.
Old 03-26-12, 02:35 PM
Banned

You believe a fat fuck that calls 911 over garage doors opening and batters cops? Why did fatty leave his truck. He is full of shit and covering his tracks now.
Old 03-26-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley View Post
They taking bets yet in Vegas about what will happen to fat ass if he is let off scott free? Wonder what the odds are?
Screw Zimmerman, they should be worrying about the nationwide rioting that will surely happen if he's let off. It will make the Rodney King riot look like Occupy Wall Street by comparison.
Old 03-26-12, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose View Post
Screw Zimmerman, they should be worrying about the nationwide rioting that will surely happen if he's let off. It will make the Rodney King riot look like Occupy Wall Street by comparison.
Oh yeah, all hell will break out if justice is not served.
Old 03-26-12, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm starting to think Lt Ripley has something against fat people.
Old 03-26-12, 02:44 PM

this does not matter in the grand scheme of things. he got out of his car with a loaded gun... I haven't heard a thing that makes me change my mind on who was wrong. there was an adult who was told to stop and a teenager being followed.

Zimmermen should have used better judgment and stayed in the damn car.
Old 03-26-12, 02:47 PM
Banned

Fat ass is the nicest thing I can say about that idiot. Hell, I ain't the skinniest fellow in the world, but I am not a 5'9" 240 pound ball of shit neither. Maybe it is self angst. My anger at my love handles is being thrown at Georgie.
Old 03-26-12, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 896 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
It is rather interesting why Zimmerman's background was checked back until the moment he popped out of his mother's vagina--and all comments and actions he's done since then--but Trayvon's background? Well, it's all Strawberry cupcakes and fuzzy and nobody is even questioning it.
What difference does it make? WHAT WERE THEY DOING THE NIGHT MARTIN DIED?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-26-12 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-26-12, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

1. Walking in your Dad's neighborhood - Not illegal
2. Being apart of a Neighborhood Watch Program - Not illegal
3. Keeping an eye out for strangers after Neighbor's homes have been broken into - Not illegal
4. Asking someone what they are doing in your neighborhood - Not illegal
5. Not telling someone what you are doing in their neighborhood - Not illegal
6. Walking away from someone who is asking you questions in their neighborhood - Not illegal
7. Carrying a gun that has the correct permits - Not illegal
8. Calling the police and telling them there is a stranger in your neighborhood - Not illegal
9. Calling the police and telling someone is following you - Not illegal
10. Shooting someone because you are in real danger - Not illegal

1. Jumping someone for walking in your neighborhood - Illegal
2. Jumping someone for walking away from you while you are asking them questions in your neighborhood - Illegal
3. Jumping someone for not answering your questions while they were walking in your neighborhood - Illegal
4. Jumping on someone when they ask you questions about why you are in their neighborhood - Illegal
5. Running away and coming back and jumping on someone - Illegal
6. Shooting someone because they are in your neighborhood - Illegal
7. Jumping on someone because they called the police and told them you were a stranger in their neighborhood - Illegal

So, the big questions is: What happened that was Legal and what happened that was Illegal?

It does not matter someone was in your neighborhood, it does not matter if someone asked you why you are in their neighborhood. What matters is what happened that was ILLEGAL.

I have decided to wait until all the evidence comes out, remember the Duke Lacrosse Team.

The guilty party needs to be brought to justice.
Old 03-26-12, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
If you go around picking fights with people, you lose the right to get sympathy over your broken nose. Boo frickin' hoo, Tackleberry. Get a life.
Asking someone what they are doing is picking a fight? Since you've already said you would punch someone in the face for asking you that, I guess you don't have to answer. But, even by the girlfriends account Martin was the one who initiated contact, confronting Zimmerman about following him. So, is following someone picking a fight?

ABCNews now reports a second witness told police that he saw Zimmerman on the ground, crying out for help, moments before the shots were fired. The only witness accounts I've read that have Martin yelling for help are from people who only heard the cries but did not actually see who it was.

FYI, Martin was suspended from school because because a search found a baggie with pot residue in his backpack.
Old 03-26-12, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
even if martian did try and get the gun away Zimmerman never should have been in that situation.
UPDATE: He got the gun.

Old 03-26-12, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
I think I'm starting to understand why you feel unwelcome in colored nightclubs.
Old 03-26-12, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 896 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir View Post
Asking someone what they are doing is picking a fight? Since you've already said you would punch someone in the face for asking you that, I guess you don't have to answer. But, even by the girlfriends account Martin was the one who initiated contact, confronting Zimmerman about following him. So, is following someone picking a fight?

ABCNews now reports a second witness told police that he saw Zimmerman on the ground, crying out for help, moments before the shots were fired. The only witness accounts I've read that have Martin yelling for help are from people who only heard the cries but did not actually see who it was.

FYI, Martin was suspended from school because because a search found a baggie with pot residue in his backpack.
Maybe if Zimmerman had stayed in his car and let the Cops handle things...
Old 03-26-12, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Are those 2 pictures of Trayvon on the right supposed to make him look like a thug?
Old 03-26-12, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Maybe if Zimmerman had stayed in his car and let the Cops handle things...
I don't see the issue with Zimmerman getting out of his car. He is part of a neighborhood watch, and was trying to stay in eye contact of someone he thought looked suspicious.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.