Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Everything you're doing at this moment?

Other Talk "Otterville"

Everything you're doing at this moment?

Old 11-26-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Everything you're doing at this moment?

Reading Brian Shannon's post.
Working.
Hating working.
Getting ready to go find something to eat.
Old 11-26-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Singing "Smooth Criminal" to my dog (she's looking at me like I'm insane) and typing this.
Old 11-26-11, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 587 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Superboy View Post
Standing in the phone booth across the street from your apartment window while wearing a trench coat and breathing VERRRRRY heavily.
You're in rifle range. Stand still...
Old 11-26-11, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drinking coffee while waiting for the douche to pick up the boys, also, one of my girlfriends is coming over this morning so am waiting for her. Oh yeah, and I'm posting here. And breathing....
Old 11-26-11, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Watching WI/PSU muted, listening to Heatmiser's "Mic City Sons", drinking some really strong coffee, boiling water to get some moisture in the air, wearing a sling on my left arm because I tore my rotator cuff and it's really sore right now, and of course posting on DVDTalk.
Old 11-26-11, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
wearing a sling on my left arm because I tore my rotator cuff and it's really sore right now
Whoa. You didn't include this with your first post. Did something happen between then and now? Did ya find some pr0n?

Old 11-26-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts

Just sent off a comic review. Typing this message. Plan to send it in a few seconds. Watching SVU on CLOO.
Old 11-26-11, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Goofing off on the internet while getting ready to eat dinner and watch some movies.
Old 11-26-11, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Whoa. You didn't include this with your first post. Did something happen between then and now? Did ya find some pr0n?

No, but wearing the sling is annoying and usually my arm only hurts when I move it specific ways but I slept on it last night and it hurts with every little movement right now.
Old 11-26-11, 04:26 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Sitting between my wife who is at her own computer visiting her own websites looking at her own stuff, and a computer monitor which is displaying SeaTools' progress in low-level formatting (59% Complete) the hard drive in a computer I'm getting ready to reinstall XP + all associated drivers/updates/software, while I'm typing on my keyboard in reply to a message in a thread at the DVD Talk forum, asking what everybody's doing right now, as I'm taking my daily collection of vitamin supplements and washing them down with a tall glass of cool Brita-filtered water. And I'm just finishing up typing what I was going to type so I can click on the Submit Reply button, and go on about my business elsewhere. (signing my post) -kd5-
Old 11-26-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Looking at my computer monitor.
I don't know why, but this actually made me literally LOL.
Old 11-26-11, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by dr mabuse View Post
participating in a powerful illusion, affecting, and being affected by the incredible nature of it and all who are participating. My autonomic is keeping many processes required for my presence in the illusion running smoothly, so though i am in fact 'doing' them, i'm not consciously aware. I'm breathing, now breathing consciously since i thought of it, but that will pass, the nature of my consciousness will hide it back into subconscious activity as soon as i quit considering it. I'm blinking, now manually, same as breathing. I am having thoughts come into being at a blistering rate that even i am unaware of. The stream of these thoughts is what i perceive as consciousness. I am performing many complex tasks of turning ingested materials into fuel to sustain my presence in the aforementioned illusion. I'm now aware that a couple of necessary ends to such processes are due in the relatively near future for me. I am performing tasks with my fingers on a plastic device covered in glyphs, to replicate said glyphs in a digital representation on a display screen, and then to share said strange assortment of glyphs with others around this planet via the osi model and packets formed and routed and stripped across interconnected networks at the speed of light and then at the slightly slower speed of resisted electromagnetic propigation. I'm thinking that many of the people i will share said glyphs with will mock and hold in contempt the thoughts to be communicated, both openly and in private. I'm scratching. I must again mention the breathing, i thought of it again, now the blinking, and i have a couple of itches, scratching while thinking of blinking and breathing and scratching all while my fingers use muscle memory to continue manipulating the glyph device. I'm now aware that many complex things are always taking place at any given moment, more thoughts than i can possibly identify or consider at any given instant, both conscious and subconscious in nature, and it's bothering me to think about it.

I'm now stopping this exercise...
tl:dr
Old 11-26-11, 09:33 PM

Oh... what am *I* doing? Watching the Apple Cup (my University of Washington Huskies against KVRDave's Washington State Univ Cougs), idly trying to come up with a suitably-insulting BOOYAH! to post on Dave's FB page once we win in a few minutes, all while trying to catch up on emails (I'm only 4000 behind! Yay! ), keep up on FB, trying to decide what to wear to a holiday outing with friends tomorrow, debating calling my boyfriend to ask him a question that could wait until I see him at church tomorrow, debating going out to the local Christian bookstore so I have a set of Advent candles to have blessed at church tomorrow, trying to decide what I'll eat for dinner, idly wondering if it's WORTH IT to catch up on Otter when I haven't read a thread in a year..... come to think of it, most of what I'm doing is waffling and trying to decide stuff.

Old 11-26-11, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Listening to some tunes on Spotify. Bedtime very soon.