Reload this Page >

My friend has gone bat crazy.

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 11-17-11, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have known my friend for 26 years since we were 11. He had a hard life his father was pretty much absent from his life his uncle was an alcoholic who hung himself from my friends basketball rim that he found in the morning. His brother well both of them are great artist but his brother went on to make great money rendering video games for midway and EA.

He recently moved north of Orlando with his mother and grandmother from Miami. And more and more he has been spouting off conspiracy theroies on how the world is gonna end and blah blah.

Now its all about being right with God and how everone is bad and we need to safe ourselfs. Before I would get the talk once a week or every 2 weeks.

But yesterday I got a VM saying he didn't want to talk about anything if it wasn't pertaining to all this nonsense. Not even small talk or "how ya doin"
He was being quite demanding. I would have told him to fuck off but I just feel bad that he has gone so delusional.

I told him that I respect his opinions and happy he found God but I wouldn't be able to talk about this all the time because if not I'd go crazy at this point he was being abit forceful about the whole situation and I clicked on him.

I don't know what anyone can add I guess I just needed to vent. Tough way to loose a friend. He has gone totally mental.
Old 11-17-11, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: My friend has gone bat s**t crazy.

Originally Posted by Larry C. View Post
I have known my friend for 26 years since we were 11. He had a hard life his father was pretty much absent from his life his uncle was an alcoholic who hung himself from my friends basketball rim that he found in the morning. His brother well both of them are great artist but his brother went on to make great money rendering video games for midway and EA.

He recently moved north of Orlando with his mother and grandmother from Miami. And more and more he has been spouting off conspiracy theroies on how the world is gonna end and blah blah.

Now its all about being right with God and how everone is bad and we need to safe ourselfs. Before I would get the talk once a week or every 2 weeks.

But yesterday I got a VM saying he didn't want to talk about anything if it wasn't pertaining to all this nonsense. Not even small talk or "how ya doin"
He was being quite demanding. I would have told him to fuck off but I just feel bad that he has gone so delusional.

I told him that I respect his opinions and happy he found God but I wouldn't be able to talk about this all the time because if not I'd go crazy at this point he was being abit forceful about the whole situation and I clicked on him.

I don't know what anyone can add I guess I just needed to vent. Tough way to loose a friend. He has gone totally mental.
What if he's right?
Old 11-17-11, 03:17 PM

Does he work in restoring paintings at a museum?

And does he or does he not have any relation to Tom Hanks?
Old 11-17-11, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kmical View Post
What if he's right?
That's fine. Do I have to here him preach about it in a crazy manor every day?
Old 11-17-11, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Black View Post
Does he work in restoring paintings at a museum?

And does he or does he not have any relation to Tom Hanks?
No but he is cousins with a known actor.
Old 11-17-11, 03:20 PM

Do I have to here him preach about it in a crazy manor every day?

Beats my crazy studio apartment.
Old 11-17-11, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is his cousin's name Kirk? Does clicking on someone mean hanging up? Is that a regional thing?
Old 11-17-11, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The misspellings and lack of proper grammar and punctuation make baby jesus cry. No wonder your friend thinks the world is going to end.
Old 11-17-11, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell him that his ranting has convinced you to become a Satanist, and thank him for the revelation.
Old 11-17-11, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Schizophrenia. It's the only answer.
Old 11-17-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell him he just needs to bag a big 'em.
Old 11-17-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Could be worse, he could have turned vegan.
Old 11-17-11, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't feel bad. My ex-friend believes in this:

Quantum Emotional ClearingTM

Quantum Emotional ClearingTM (QEC) is a new technology invented and practiced exclusively by Lee Beymer and his Certified Team of QEC practitioners. QECTM is a form of Energy Therapy that accelerates one's growth by releasing “stuck” energy patterns. This instant therapy sidesteps the "talk it out approach," rapidly helping people to clear negative emotions like anxiety, pain, stress, depression, fear, sadness, worry, addictions, and self-sabotage. QEC is an Advanced Technique developed to quickly work through the accumulated emotional “stuckness” that so often holds one
back from true success. QEC is used to accelerate one’s growth by instantly clearing lifelong issues allowing for rapid advancement and increasing conscious freedom..
Old 11-17-11, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Could be worse, he could have turned vegan.
I'd say that you should run for the hills, but vegans can't keep up anyways.
Old 11-17-11, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make friends with this guy: ,
Old 11-17-11, 03:34 PM

In the immortal words of John Lennon: "Instant Comma's gonna get you."
Old 11-17-11, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Do I have to here him preach about it in a crazy manor every day?
Only if you want to avoid having your soul burn in eternal torment
Old 11-17-11, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does your friend smoke? If not, he should probably start. Or at least get some nicorette.
Old 11-17-11, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
The misspellings and lack of proper grammar and punctuation make baby jesus cry. No wonder your friend thinks the world is going to end.
Sorry Mr. Perfect I didn't have much time and was kind of upset while I was writing. Since you seem to have such a strong grasp of the english language is this considered proper?

Spoiler:
Fuck off!
Old 11-17-11, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry Mr. Perfect I didn't have much time and was kind of upset while I was writing. Since you seem to have such a strong grasp of the english language is this considered proper?

Spoiler:
Fuck off!
Please, do, not, use, Curt, Hennig's, name, in, vain,
Old 11-17-11, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
Does your friend smoke? If not, he should probably start. Or at least get some nicorette.
He quit a year ago Now I see what''''''''''''''''s going on.
Old 11-17-11, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: My friend has gone bat crazy.

How old he? What was his age when he started with this sort of stuff? (approx)
Old 11-17-11, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well that sucks. I had a very good friend that I drifted apart from when he got married to a very religious woman (not, however, too religious for premarital sex ). He didn't go wacky like your friend seems to be doing, but was just talking about it enough that I couldn't listen to it, as it was in direct conflict with my own views. It's a real shame, and I still miss his friendship. I thought about reconnecting at some point. Maybe someday...

I hope your friend gets the help it sounds like he needs and you guys can get back what you had before. It does suck to lose a good friend.
Old 11-17-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is he picking up trannies in trains staions? If not, he's doing well by Otter standards.
Old 11-17-11, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a friend who went through something similar. In his case, he was next door neighbors with this guy his whole life. Even back then, the guy was on medication, but he was completely functioning and pretty much normal. After high school, he started to get involved in heavy drugs, he was doing steroids, and I'm sure he got off his regular meds. He really lost it. He grew his beard all big and quit taking care of himself, whereas before he was always so conscious about his appearance. He also would go on religious rants.

He became very well known to the local police. He was a huge guy. He used to be a power lifter back in school, so when he would get angry and start acting out, it would take several police officers to subdue him. But the dude was nuts and it was all petty crime stuff, so he would get admitted somewhere and be out shortly after. I heard he would go into manic episodes and kill his pets, then realize later what he had done after coming out of the fog.

Ultimately, he ended up spending a few years locked up on a trumped of murder accusation. You just know the authorities thought he was an easy target and was a trouble maker anyway. He was never actually charged, and then it finally came out that the only evidence they had pointed more toward his innocence. Now he lives in a guest house on his parents' property. They make sure he stays medicated and attend to anything he needs, but the dude is basically gone. The medication is so strong that he has very poor memory.

My friend still calls him every once in a while, but he had to write him off years ago because he was too scared about something happening to his family, a legitimate fear. I know it hurts him a lot not to call his oldest friend, but sometimes you just have to let go. I understand that. I have had some friends who let addiction take over their lives. I tried to help as much as I could, but there comes a point when you can't do anything anymore and just have to trust that walking away is the best thing for you and that person.

Anyway, I'm sorry about what you're going through. Does he have any family you could talk with about trying to get him help? The unfortunate thing, which is what my friend and that guy's family ran into, is that it's really difficult to get someone committed involuntarily until something bad happens.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.