Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Planking, Owling, & Batmanning are old news. Now the cool kids (tools) are Tebowing!!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Planking, Owling, & Batmanning are old news. Now the cool kids (tools) are Tebowing!!

Old 10-28-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heard this on the radio this morning, apparently there is a website now and it's a big new story here locally. These damn kids have too much time on their hands.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp10549

Introducing Tebowing. Itís like planking, but dumber.

By MJD

It wasn't enough that Tim Tebow(notes) dominated NFL headlines for a week with his comeback win over the Dolphins on Sunday. No, "Tebow" has to be a verb now, too.

What does it mean? To Tebow is "to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different." That's according to Tebowing.com, your new Internet home for Tebowing.

It's something that people do, like planking and owling before it, for no reason other than to take pictures of it and put those pictures on the Internet. Tebowing.com currently has seven pages full of Tebowing pictures, from the first known Tebow (not done by Tebow himself, that is) in history to Occupy Wall Street Tebowing to Grand Central Station Tebowing to jack-o-Tebowing.

The creator of Tebowing, Jared Kleinstein, was interviewed by the Wall Street Journal on Thursday. You can read the whole thing here, but hopefully, these snippets will help answer some of the questions you might have about Tebowing.

Is Kyle Orton(notes) allowed to be Tebowing?

We're non-denominational. We're very accepting of all types, including backup quarterbacks.

What would you do if Tebow contacted you to talk about Tebowing?

I would start Tebowing.

And if he asked you to stop Tebowing?

Well, he's the only person who can legally tell someone to stop Tebowing.

If you're still confused about Tebowing, here are a couple of examples. If you're still confused after seeing these pictures, well, I can't blame you, because this is all really, really silly.

These memes don't last forever. Get out there and Tebow your heart out now before everyone starts Cutlering, which is just laying on your back and watching someone in a different-colored shirt run past you with a football.

And just in case any of you were wondering if Tebowing was appropriate in a baseball setting, examples don't get any stronger than this. It's your favorite baseball blogger at game six of the World Series. His Tebowing technique is flawless.
Old 10-28-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Planking, Owling, & Batmanning are old news. Now the cool kids (tools) are Tebowi

Monkey see, monkey do. Now, we need to figure out how to make the next fad "fireballing".
Old 10-28-11, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Planking, Owling, & Batmanning are old news. Now the cool kids (tools) are Tebowi

Wait. "Batmanning"? People were running around in tights beating the shit out of a wild assortment of costumed criminals?
Old 10-28-11, 12:34 PM

If you're doing this and you're not from Colorado, you're an idiot.
Old 10-28-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why would Coloradans get a free pass?
Old 10-28-11, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess the next craze will be shitting.
Old 10-28-11, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
Why would Coloradans get a free pass?
Because Tebow plays for the Broncos? It's still no excuse to act like a doofus though.
Old 10-28-11, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I caught this story on the local news today (I guess since the snow passed there's not much to talk about around here).

Some people think it's all in good fun, some people think it's mocking Tebow's religion.

I'll start Tebowing as soon as Tebow stops overthrowing his receivers by 15 yards!
Old 10-28-11, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought planking and owling were stupid but this I actually find funny. I wouldn't be caught dead doing it but it would get a "haha" out of me if I saw someone doing it.
Old 10-28-11, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This generation is so damn fruity.
Old 10-28-11, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't mind Tebowing her.... if you know what I mean. Sex. Sex is what I mean.
Old 10-28-11, 01:08 PM
Suspended

It would have make more sense if Tebowing means let the lady blow for 55 minutes and then get excited in the last 5 minutes.
Old 10-28-11, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post

I wouldn't mind Tebowing her.... if you know what I mean. Sex. Sex is what I mean.
I wouldn't mine Tebowing her up the ol' Elway, either.
Old 10-28-11, 01:54 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This is all worse than Icing. At least when Icing... someone gets drunk.
Old 10-28-11, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Why did Maurice Jones Drew write that article?
Old 10-28-11, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

It makes me chuckle.

I recognize it's ultimately stupid, but it's no more stupid than a million other things that find traction on the internet.
Old 10-28-11, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been trying to start an internet fad/meme for about 6 months now. It's called sucking my cock. Chicks pose for pictures of themselves with my dick in their mouth. The idea just hasn't gained traction yet. Maybe someday. The internet is very fickle.
Old 10-28-11, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

People should not be allowed to be silly.

Also, people should not be allowed to mock those who are being silly.

Seriously.
Old 10-28-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They are not going it right, here is the actual pose

Old 10-28-11, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just another idiotic thing for the internet tools to post pictures about.
Old 10-28-11, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy View Post
This generation is so damn fruity.
Can we just relabel them the "Uncreative Attention Whore Generation"?
Old 10-28-11, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I find this one funny, it's fun figuring out who in those photos is actually a Tebow fan and whose simply mocking the guy. I vote for mocking everytime.
Old 10-28-11, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This guy is starting his own Tebow.

Old 10-28-11, 09:37 PM

What does it mean? To Tebow is "to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different." That's according to Tebowing.com, your new Internet home for Tebowing.
I thought that was called "Christianity"?
Old 10-28-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You guys skipped over the Scarlett Johansson leaked pics phase. Those were pretty fun albeit not totally appropriate for this forum.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.