Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Worst tip ever? or is it the best?

Old 10-12-11, 08:09 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Worst tip ever? or is it the best?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...154219798.html

After serving a customer chips, guacamole, and a pork taco, Seattle bartender Victoria Liss was left with a less-than-generous tip. On the receipt for $28.98 the customer wrote in $0 for tip and added a message that's created an avalanche of outraged responses across social media. On the receipt the customer wrote, "P.S. You could stand to loose (sic) a few pounds." An insulted Victoria uploaded a photo of the receipt to her Facebook page and even named the customer in question (he paid with a credit card). Hundreds of people are rallying around her, calling the rude tipster the "worst customer ever" and a "soulless, miserable person." Some of the many men named Andrew Meyer on Facebook have even received scathing messages and phone calls. When liberal sex advice columnist Dan Savage caught wind of the incident, he scolded the wrong Andrew Meyer on his blog. In a case of mistaken identity, he called out an Andrew Meyer who he said worked at Microsoft. (Microsoft has since announced that it doesn't have an employee by that name.) In an interview, Liss apologized to all the "sweet Andrew Meyers of the world" who have been mistaken for the customer. The real Andrew Meyer has yet to come forward.

PS: He's wrong. She could afford to loose [sic] more than a few.

Spoiler:
Old 10-12-11, 08:22 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Worst tip ever? or is it the best?

I've left ones that said "Get out of the business."
Old 10-12-11, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...154219798.html

PS: He's wrong. She could afford to loose [sic] more than a few.
Maybe he meant a few hundred.

I can see it now. Occupy Health Clubs will be the next "organized" group and will march on all health clubs in Seattle, decrying their disgusting exercising habits.

If you ask me, she gets her tips from eating the leftovers. And I'm not joking. The problem is, it packs the pounds on even quicker because it's free and then the person goes home to have an actual "dinner".

In any case, it was rather stupid to take matters to the net. But then again, Seattle...Portland...the NW has the shittiest service and largest-assed customer service representation I've seen. The food service sector in the NW is so bad, it's like they expect you to give them a $10 tip on a $20 tab, just because they were able to bring you your food.

Maybe it's because of the rain, and people don't get out much.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 10-12-11 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-12-11, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andrew Meyer...I salute you. Funny shit man.

And Victoria...don't be so sensitive and stop being such a bitch. Oh, and go on a diet.
Old 10-12-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't believe there are that many people who would waste time by bothering to send scathing messages and phone calls to people named Andrew Myers just cause he gave a waitress a rude tip. It's not like he gave her his old cat.
Old 10-12-11, 09:12 PM

Sorry but a tip should be based on service not on appearance. If she was a crappy bartender then fine, don't leave a tip but there really is no call to be that rude. I used to work in the industry and know how hard servers/bartenders work and am surprised by the callousness by some customers who think they are better than the server. I remember one waitress who I worked with, was serving a table of 12 and they had her running around like crazy and she was nothing but polite and courteous. The douchebags left her a tip of $1.50.

Before anyone starts attacking me, I will admit that I did once act the same way as the customer in the article. I was at dinner with my girlfriend and the waitress we had was the worst I have ever had. I paid the bill with a credit card and for a tip I left zero/ However I made sure to seek her out as we were leaving and hand her a penny and tell her that she should buy herself a personality and that maybe being a waitress was not for her.
Old 10-12-11, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder if it's the same Andrew Meyer of "don't tase me, bro" fame. It seems like it could be
Old 10-12-11, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

pelenor, I think she must have done something to get a $0 tip and a comment. If she didn't, then I'd have to say it was rather rude of this guy to do so. I don't know anyone who would go out of their way to tip absolutely nothing and then give a personal attack along with it. Something happened.
Old 10-12-11, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
pelenor, I think she must have done something to get a $0 tip and a comment. If she didn't, then I'd have to say it was rather rude of this guy to do so. I don't know anyone who would go out of their way to tip absolutely nothing and then give a personal attack along with it. Something happened.
My same exact sentiments.
Old 10-12-11, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Best tip ever!

And everyone on this forum is a bunch losers and nobodies. And stupid. You're a bunch of stupidface losers. You're all fat and stupid. And don't get me started on the ego drunks over in the political forum.

Smell ya later, losers.
Old 10-12-11, 10:09 PM

Not enough information to really comment. It's quite possible she was rude and/or slow.
Old 10-12-11, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Not enough information to really comment. It's quite possible she was rude and/or slow.
This. However, if she provided reasonable service and the guy just left this as a "tip", he's a douchebag.
Old 10-12-11, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
This. However, if she provided reasonable service and the guy just left this as a "tip", he's a douchebag.
Not necessarily. Sometimes overweight people don't know it until somebody actually tells them. A lot of people are in denial about their appearance. It can be quite jarring to actually hear somebody call you fat. Maybe it'll motivate her to lose weight and get healthy.

I've been skinny my whole life, but lately people have been telling me I'm getting chubby. It sucks to hear but without actually hearing people say it, I'd probably continue to get fatter and fatter in blissful ignorance and wake up one day 50 pounds overweight. I don't want to be fat and I don't want people to call me fat, but I'm the only one that can stop that from happening. Not that long ago my friend's sister said she wouldn't go out with me because I'm too fat. If that's not a wake up call, I don't know what is.
Old 10-12-11, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No problem with the zero tip, the comment was a dick move.
Old 10-12-11, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Considering how badly i've been treated by wait staff... I really don't feel sorry for her.

And Dan Savage can suck it. He's said meaner things about fat people.
Old 10-12-11, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whether or not she needs to lose weight is not the business of some random stranger.
Old 10-12-11, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The reaction is disgusting. Telling someone they need to lose weight is akin to asking them to stop smoking. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Obesity is not just about someone's appearance it's driving up all our healthcare costs. However, people act too damn sensitive about it. Our country needs to be on these fatties like they were on the smokers.
Old 10-12-11, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
pelenor, I think she must have done something to get a $0 tip and a comment...
She was probably snacking on his food every time she stopped by the table.

"Do you mind if I take a couple of your fries?"
Old 10-12-11, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
Whether or not she needs to lose weight is not the business of some random stranger.
Would it have been better for the random stranger to just call her a fat cow and make fun of her behind her back?
Old 10-12-11, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whoopdido View Post
Would it have been better for the random stranger to just call her a fat cow and make fun of her behind her back?
It would be better for the random stranger to mind his own damn business.

For all he knew, she was already losing weight, maybe had lost a lot. Way to encourage! Bastard. I hope he loses his thyroid.

I used to weigh a hundred pounds more than I do. I am actually getting MORE flack about my weight than I used to.

Fuck it. I weigh what I weigh. Anyone who wants to get in my business about it can eat dog shit.

And, NO, I am not costing anyone anything in health care, I am quite healthy. I'll outlive all these skinny bastards whose assholes are so tight they can only crap neutronium.
Old 10-12-11, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Then she should hide her personal fatness by secluding herself from society like a good little troll.
Old 10-13-11, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You do realize there are people with problems of metabolism right? Not everybody who is fat is just fat because they eat like an animal. Look at the country we live in- processed foods , HFCS, etc is pushed on everyone. Healthier food is much more expensive- that is the problem. People need to be better educated not verbally assaulted. The guy is a douchebag to do that regardless if he got shitty service.
Old 10-13-11, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe he is a dietician drumming up business and meant well. Not sure about the $0 tip. I'll get back to you on that.
Old 10-13-11, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by statcat View Post
You do realize there are people with problems of metabolism right? Not everybody who is fat is just fat because they eat like an animal. Look at the country we live in- processed foods , HFCS, etc is pushed on everyone. Healthier food is much more expensive- that is the problem. People need to be better educated not verbally assaulted. The guy is a douchebag to do that regardless if he got shitty service.
Did you know fat people actually have a higher metabolism than skinny people?
Old 10-13-11, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Fuck it. I weigh what I weigh. Anyone who wants to get in my business about it can eat dog shit.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.