Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Twig-like Bully Foolishly Picks on Zangief Jr...

Old 03-21-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Twig-like Bully Foolishly Picks on Zangief Jr...

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
I'd imagine that's what Jackie Earle Haley looked like as a kid.
You never saw the Bad News Bears?

Old 03-21-11, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, that kid should have just avoided the press at all costs; nothing in that video did him any favors. He can claim that Casey bullied him, and for all we know maybe he did, but Casey doesn't come off that way in his interview and it definitely doesn't come out that way in video.

And how are you seriously going to get on TV after all of this and say you aren't really sorry and that the only reason not to bully another is because you might get hurt yourself? At least his mom recognized that if you're going to throw a punch you shouldn't be surprised if someone fights back.

---

lol cungar, I was going to say, I'm pretty sure everyone was introduced to Jackie Earle Haley when he was a kid, so there's no excuse to not know what he looked like.
Old 03-21-11, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk God

holy crap. whoever let that kid do the interview should be hit. he comes off worse. winning parenting, too. kid has an eyebrow piercing. his dad looks like a boozer (but might not be).
Old 03-21-11, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That bully kid looks like Stephen Geoffreys from Fright Night:

Old 03-21-11, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

fuck

the only thing i've learned from all this is that australia is full* of some really ugly people

* has at least 5
Old 03-21-11, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sonic View Post

Eeeee hehehehehehe.
Old 03-22-11, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

HOAX!
Old 03-22-11, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Little twerp now claims he was picked on by Casey

OOOOOOOH! I get it now. The little shit's a crack-baby!

SHALLOW GENE POOL FTW!
Old 03-22-11, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think people talking about how this kid should burn in hell is a bit much.

I think he got what he deserved and I don't really believe that he was bullied by Casey, but he made a mistake and paid for it. He's one of many bullies in this world and he got a bit of comeuppance. He should be allowed to learn from it and move on, not be demonized by the world.
Old 03-22-11, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it just me, or does the little shit's dad look like a bushier-haired version of Jesse Slaughter's dad?
Old 03-22-11, 05:49 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Originally Posted by jrsl76 View Post

I think he got what he deserved and I don't really believe that he was bullied by Casey, but he made a mistake and paid for it. He's one of many bullies in this world and he got a bit of comeuppance. He should be allowed to learn from it and move on, not be demonized by the world.
Exactly. He's just a kid.
Old 03-22-11, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That picture just made me lose it. So damn perfect.
Old 03-22-11, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
fuck

the only thing i've learned from all this is that australia is full* of some really ugly people

* has at least 5
Aww man, Australia has some hot women. Even their Prime Minister is almost a MILF.*

*OK, maybe not, but I have a thing for large-chested redheads in positions of power.
Old 03-22-11, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty View Post
Is it just me, or does the little shit's dad look like a bushier-haired version of Jesse Slaughter's dad?
I thought he looked like a grown up version of Charlie from Willy Wonka (assuming Charlie ended up staying in that shack instead of taking over the factory).
Old 03-22-11, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by SomethingMore View Post
"Are you sorry"
"No."
3 second pause...
"Oh, yes."
Well the interviewer was hardballing him, it was a tricky question.

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
holy crap. whoever let that kid do the interview should be hit. he comes off worse. winning parenting, too. kid has an eyebrow piercing. his dad looks like a boozer (but might not be).
Seriously. You already let your kid dress like this and wear a rat-tail. How is throwing this kid on TV going to help the situation at all? Nothing he says or does will rectify the situation. It definitely seemed like he was coached into saying he was bullied first.

Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
I do agree that he's just a kid and the extreme vitriol that comes with the internet is unnecessary. However, that Street Fighter clip is awesome.
Old 03-22-11, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jrsl76 View Post

I agree. While I enjoy the video and have no problem with the chunky one body-slamming him, he is only 12. Something that someone does when they are 12 shouldn't define the rest of their lives. Yeah, bullying is a shitty thing to do, but it's not like he killed someone, and plenty of bullies grow up and change their behaviour for the better. Many of us did stupid stuff when we were kids. I'm just glad everyone didn't have a camera back then and ability to immortalize our stupidity forever. I can see and understand the pain that the father is going thru.
Old 03-22-11, 08:41 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
I agree. While I enjoy the video and have no problem with the chunky one body-slamming him, he is only 12. Something that someone does when they are 12 shouldn't define the rest of their lives. Yeah, bullying is a shitty thing to do, but it's not like he killed someone, and plenty of bullies grow up and change their behaviour for the better. Many of us did stupid stuff when we were kids. I'm just glad everyone didn't have a camera back then and ability to immortalize our stupidity forever. I can see and understand the pain that the father is going thru.
Old 03-22-11, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Who's going to bodyslam all the people cyberbullying this kid now?
Old 03-22-11, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

unfortunately the kids parents arent any help and from the video, it shows the kid doesnt show remorse for what he did... the video itself shows the other kid being put to the brink... the kid was by himself and no one was there with him... sorry but while 80% of all bullies turn out to be good people... those 20% are still douches and still bother
Old 03-22-11, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I cannot help but think of this demotivator:

But seriously, this is not going to define him for the rest of his life, or even the rest of his childhood, unless he lets it. The kid appears to be a douchebag and he may very well continue to be one. If he does, that will have a hundred times more potent of an effect on his future that something than this incident. Hopefully, he will overcome what appears to be questionable parenting and grow out of it.

Your point about video cameras is certainly pertinent. The very preponderance of video cameras now is just starting to really create a very substantial social dynamic that we have never had to deal with before. Just ten years ago, if I did something in public (or even in a private residence) with ten witnesses, the odds of any one of them possessing a video camera or having one within easy reach was actually very slim. Now it is a safe bet that at last five of them have one and at least one or two of them being quick-witted enough to conclude, "Shit! I should record this!"

I don't think that people have yet quite come to terms with just how important this fact is to the way we interact with one another and the way we conduct our lives.
Old 03-22-11, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mmconhea View Post
Who's going to bodyslam all the people cyberbullying this kid now?
Old 03-22-11, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was bullied most of my school days and I say he deserve more, he should have been slammed a second time. I wish i was that brave to do that to ones that bullied me. All the kids that are bullied these days should watch and learn. For those that say i condone violence well so be it. You can't go to your parents or the teachers, all they do is talk and the next day you're beaten more.
Old 03-22-11, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the bully's mom called it. She said it's a hard way to learn that when you pick on some people, they will react with violence. Truly, it looks like he lost in the genetic lottery either way, but I wonder why he's not being raised by her instead of Grizzly Adams Dundee who encourages him to play the victim.

I also agree that the international cyber-hatefest going on about him is a little much. I think it's great to encourage Casey to defend himself, but the bully should be ignored.
Old 03-22-11, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-22-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Casey is a bully, and he's dumb, but I would be a lot happier if no one outside his school had heard about this. It's a disproportionate punishment for everyone on the internet to be gloating about his getting hurt. You can't just tell him to man up and get over it; he's only twelve.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.