re: The Charlie Sheen meltdown appreciation thread [Update HIV positive]

Originally Posted by FlickMan View Post
Not me...you dont do crazy like a fox and jeopardize potential:

Studios from hiring you
Directors from wanting to work with you
Attorneys from wanting to represent you
Publicists and agents willing to bring you on
Judges and family courts evaluating your bizarre behaviour

I side with Dr Drew..the dude is in a hypomania mode and is heading for a complete nervous breakdown.

If Chuck Lorre actually inserted those messages about Sheen in his vanity cards that is wrong..but if what Lorre said is true and watching and listening to Sheen, then Lorre was right about one thing..the man is souless and dead inside if what we are seeing is the REAL Charlie Sheen uncorked
The idea that has been passed around is that Sheen was offered a $5 million per episode Reality show. But he had to get out of a contract. So he's ... getting out of a contract.

Whether true or not, he will nevertheless have a an offer for one in the future.
Old 03-04-11, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 332 Likes on 255 Posts

You'd think if that were true, he could have pulled this after a few more seasons of milking his current show, then gone crazy and still gotten a reality show. But how often has a complete meltdown like this actually helped the career of someone who was actually semi-relevant at the time?
Old 03-04-11, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

/\ Charlie Sheen was hardly semi-relevant prior to this meltdown.
Old 03-04-11, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 128 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
You'd think if that were true, he could have pulled this after a few more seasons of milking his current show, then gone crazy and still gotten a reality show. But how often has a complete meltdown like this actually helped the career of someone who was actually semi-relevant at the time?
Semi-relevant? I'd say he's probably the most popular star on TV today. Although based on what's on TV these days that's not saying too much.. but there it is.
Old 03-04-11, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
The idea that has been passed around is that Sheen was offered a $5 million per episode Reality show. But he had to get out of a contract. So he's ... getting out of a contract.

Whether true or not, he will nevertheless have a an offer for one in the future.
I can't believe he'd get that kind of money for a reality show that would have very little appeal after the first episode. Dude's making $2 million per episode now for a 20+ episode season on the top rated comedy with great potential for syndication and dvd sales. No way is he getting $5 million for a reality show will limited potential in all of those things.
Old 03-04-11, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 332 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Semi-relevant? I'd say he's probably the most popular star on TV today. Although based on what's on TV these days that's not saying too much.. but there it is.
I said semi-relevant to up the pool of candidates. He certainly was not as "relevant" as he is now, in terms of trending topics. So again, has this kind of behaviour helped anyone who was already clearly in the public eye? We have lots of examples of this hurting people (Lohan, Spears, Gibson at least in the public perception) and some that came back from obscurity because of craziness (usually getting some kind of show on VH1 or something) but I can't think of anyone who was helped because of it.

This is just for those who think it was some kind of career move and that this is the best acting job Sheen's ever done.
Old 03-04-11, 11:52 AM
Suspended

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 160 Likes on 120 Posts

That's a shitty rumor. It doesn't make any sense. Only the big three nets would have the $$$ to spend $5 million per on a reality show. The appeal of that show would only be equal too or less than 2 1/2 men. It doesn't figure.

Is losing custody of his children part of his "publicity"? Also, when he threatened his wife with a knife 18 months ago, was that part of "getting out of a contract"?

His Howard Stern interview sounds coherent because Howard Stern is an actual good interviewer who understands how to speak to Sheen. Everyone else who has interviewed him has been a tabloid chuckelhead or a Today Show moron. Those fucks don't know how to interview someone with tiger's blood.

Last edited by Mabuse; 03-04-11 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-04-11, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

Charlie Sheen Pyramid of Greatness:

Here it is in original size:
Spoiler:
Old 03-04-11, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OutRun2 View Post
ok I have two questions:

1)Where is Emillio Estevev in all of this? I haven't seen him in a new film in AGES!!! Is he even ALIVE???

2)Why does he have the last name Estevez and not "Sheen"?
The Estevez family is from Dayton. Dad changed his name to "Martin Sheen". Of the four kids, three remained Estevez while one followed Dad and became "Charlie Sheen".

Ramón Gerardo Antonio Estévez (born 8/3/40) -> Martin Sheen
Emilio Estevez (5/12/62) -> Emilio Estevez
Ramon Luis Estevez (8/7/63) -> Ramon Estevez (sometimes Ramon Sheen)
Carlos Irwin Estevez (9/3/65) -> Charlie Sheen
Renée Estevez (4/2/67) -> Renée Estevez
Old 03-04-11, 12:36 PM
Suspended

Ramón Gerardo Antonio Estévez
Sounds like a Dayton name to me.....Dayton, Colombia.
Old 03-04-11, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has Denise Richards had anything to say on this?
Old 03-04-11, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
Sounds like a Dayton name to me.....Dayton, Colombia.
Ramon Estevez was born to immigrant parents. His mother (Mary Ann Phelan) was from Ireland (County Tipperary) and his dad (Francisco Estévez) was from Spain (Galicia). Francisco worked for National Cash Register in Dayton when Ramon was born. Ramon adopted the stage name Martin Sheen to make it easier to get acting work.
Old 03-04-11, 01:07 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tommyp007 View Post
When reached for comment she said, "I love lamp."
Old 03-04-11, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by tommyp007 View Post
Everything I have heard from her is that they get along great. I think that is because she knows who writes the checks.
Old 03-04-11, 01:59 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont believe it at all especially for two reasons

1. HBO denied it
2. His physical appearance is so shocking it pretty much proves he isnt doing a crazy like a fox. He is seriously ill mentally AND physically
Old 03-04-11, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
All joking and kidding aside (very briefly) Its a sad state of affairs what people hold up as being successful these days...when Happy Days was on the air and the Fonz got a library card, library card enrollment actually increased in America. Charlie Sheen lives like a dog and does drugs and way too many americans for my comfort level salute and applaud his way of life.

Back to being sarcastic now..
Old 03-04-11, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Its a sad state of affairs what people hold up as being successful these days...when Happy Days was on the air and the Fonz got a library card, library card enrollment actually increased in America.
True, but how many of those same people ended up getting eaten by sharks?
Old 03-04-11, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Everything I have heard from her is that they get along great. I think that is because she knows who writes the checks.
Actually she was on The View last week and stated this is nothing new only more erratic and pronounced. She said he makes no bones about the life he wants to live and its hard for her to try and explain this to her kids.
Old 03-04-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5PktJWTX0U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5PktJWTX0U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
Old 03-04-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 128 Likes on 93 Posts

NEW YORK – SiriusXM Radio is devoting a channel to the Charlie Sheen affair.

The satellite radio service announced Friday that it has created Tiger Blood Radio, a 24-hour limited-run channel it says will examine the news, facts and media frenzy surrounding the actor and his hit CBS series, "Two and a Half Men."

Tiger Blood Radio will air from Saturday at 6 a.m. Eastern time until Sunday at 6 a.m. on both the Sirius and XM systems, the company said.

Sheen has recently mounted a public campaign to disprove that he is a drug-using, reckless playboy. He is fighting the decision by his show's studio and network to shut down production of the series. Meanwhile, he is facing a battle for custody of his 23-month-old twin sons.
Winner!

Has he really gone around trying to disprove he's a drug-using, reckless playboy? I think he's said he has used drugs but is currently clean and reckless playboy is what he likes best about himself.
Old 03-04-11, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Tiger Blood!
Old 03-04-11, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yup, I'm an XM subscriber and just got the email a few minutes ago:

Tune in to "Tiger Blood Radio," a 24-hour limited run channel that will explore the breaking news, facts, fallout and career implications of the Charlie Sheen controversy.

"Tiger Blood Radio" will take listeners behind the headlines, exploring the media frenzy/media reaction, as well as the medical, psychological, psychiatric and pop culture and celebrity angles. Additionally, through a recap of news coverage, it will offer a timeline of recent events.

During the exclusive, limited run channel, SiriusXM listeners will hear archival Playboy Radio clips featuring "Goddess"/current live-in girlfriend Bree Olson, a Playboy Radio contributor. In addition, Sheen's ex-fiancée/Spice Radio host Ginger Lynn shares stories of her relationship with him on Tiffany Granath's Playboy Radio show; and adult film star Kacey Jordan talks to Playboy Radio's Night Calls about her times with Sheen.
Old 03-04-11, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

2. His physical appearance is so shocking it pretty much proves he isnt doing a crazy like a fox. He is seriously ill mentally AND physically
These clean drug tests are next to meaningless imo as this guy does not grab me as somebody that "embraces" sobriety. Therefore, I cannot wait for the other shoe to drop again (or next block of coke to be snorted) and the lurid headlines will prove the obvious that he IS just a mortal like the rest of us.
Old 03-04-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm from western NY and every morning on my long drive to work I listen to a Canadian morning radio show called "The Dean Blundell show"

Go here and click the first playable link to get a taste then have fun browsing around their site....there is some great Charlie Sheen stuff on there:

http://www.edge.ca/DJsandShows/TheDe...how/Audio.aspx

For a hilarious Charlie Sheen bit, go here and click the first playable link as well:

http://www.edge.ca/DJsandShows/DerekWelsman/Audio.aspx (click "International Reporter Jonathan Rundle - Gaddafi Interview")
Old 03-04-11, 10:47 PM
Cool New Member

It never ends...this guy is redefining reality media (it ain't just TV anymore) with every move he makes!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.