Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Old 05-20-19, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Here I awaken from my long time away to see drama dredged up from almost 18 years ago. It's as if I never left.

I remember there was a lot of drama back then concerning Whogirl but I'm not entirely sure what started all of it.

There were 3 secret misfit forums...

The Pirate ship was started by kittydreamer and La Bella Rose after both of those people were banned from misfitisland. I honestly don't think kittydreamer was as much at fault, with the drama, as it was the other girl but my memory is a bit hazy about all that now.

Last edited by vaporware; 05-20-19 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-20-19, 02:09 PM
Admin-Thanos

mod note - WhoGirl it's great that you're back and are posting again. However, please keep in mind the rules of the forum, especially these two:

• Posting personal information (full name, street address, etc of another member of non-member without their consent)
• Posting of personal attacks against another member, moderator or administrator in the forum

On a personal note, I think it's terrible that you were harassed online in any way. I don't have any recollection of this happening when I was a mod. I never had access to "that other site," so I think I'm out of the loop on a few things here. If I can be of assistance you can PM me. Let's all try to keep the thread from spiraling out of control and getting into personal attacks. It's fine to discuss history here, but let's keep it civil please.
Old 05-20-19, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-20-19, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Spilled Tea.

Originally Posted by WhoGirl View Post
Thank you for attending my TED Talk. I would offer you refreshments, but I’ve got nothing. I do have a lovely story about when Kleinman threatened to sue me over my stupid, zero-revenue hobby Horror movie review site, if anyone is interested. Shame he let this place go to Hell. I’m glad he gets to see his old site failing and is frustrated by it, though, because - really - screw someone who threatens you with a cease and desist and legal action rather than just asking you to stop doing something they don’t like (which you were actually 100% legally allowed to do anyway.)
The Big G isn't around anymore. He sold out to Internet Brands (Bless our interweb masters) and ended up getting banned from his own creation (I shall speak no more of him).

I've never been part of the Otter Clique. I've been here since 1999 and remained on the outskirts. Mainly the DVD Talk, TV, Movie and Comic Forums. Only stalked Otterville to see what the cool kids were doing. I was a member of NJG but not the Pirate Ship or Misfit Island.

Funny that the two members with WHO in their names are tangentially Doctor Who related. I'm a huge Who fan and opted for an obscure character from the show.

Last edited by The Valeyard; 05-20-19 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-20-19, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Can someone PM about what happened to the founder of this site. Now I'm kinda curious
Old 05-20-19, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm still alive. I was brizz for most of my time here.
Old 05-20-19, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
2. I was never invited to Misfit Island although I was at NJG aka the pirate ship for a while.
Just for clarification, those are two different sites. NJG was started by G when they banned him from here. As already mentioned, The Pirate Ship was started by La Bella Rose and KD when banned from Misfit.
Old 05-20-19, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wanna grab a shake from Jackrabbit Slim’s?

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
mod note - WhoGirl it's great that you're back and are posting again. However, please keep in mind the rules of the forum, especially these two:

• Posting personal information (full name, street address, etc of another member of non-member without their consent)
• Posting of personal attacks against another member, moderator or administrator in the forum

On a personal note, I think it's terrible that you were harassed online in any way. I don't have any recollection of this happening when I was a mod. I never had access to "that other site," so I think I'm out of the loop on a few things here. If I can be of assistance you can PM me. Let's all try to keep the thread from spiraling out of control and getting into personal attacks. It's fine to discuss history here, but let's keep it civil please.
I’d appreciate a clearer definition of what constitutes a personal attack, because I’m unclear of where the line even is. Because nothing that I have said here in this thread is any worse or even in the same ballpark as what was said to me numerous times here.

Don’t worry, despite my full name having been posted here in the past, I wouldn’t dox anybody.

And Vin - The fact that I posted here a lot and shared personal information about myself in the past was not a call for open season on my head. Whether or not it was you personally, you also stood by and did nothing and I know exactly what was said. That if I had a problem, I shouldn’t be here. That I drew too much attention to myself, which made personal attacks justifiable. That I was being too thin skinned.

Tell me Vin - If someone says they want to “skullf*** “ a woman, how would you interpret that? Because to me, that sounds like a threat of rape. And while it may have been a joke, it sure as hell was not funny to me at the time when those people knew my real name and had easy access to my address. And no one here did a damn thing. The fact that I reported another personal attack on me was made into a joke here and not settled whatsoever.
I’m not saying you personally are at fault. I’m not exactly sure when you became a moderator. But maybe if you are still a mod you can learn from this, evaluate the rules, and not allow this to happen again.

I mean, go ahead and search the moderator forum for posts with my user name and find what was said. I have no reason whatsoever to make anything up. I have nothing to gain, except to look weak and like I have been toiling over this for 18 years. I haven’t. But I remember, and have screenshots I can pull up when I get my old hard drive, but the point will be moot by then.
Old 05-20-19, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
Just for clarification, those are two different sites. NJG was started by G when they banned him from here. As already mentioned, The Pirate Ship was started by La Bella Rose and KD when banned from Misfit.
NJG was started before he was banned. It wasn't a response to the banning, actually the opposite.

And that is all I will say on the topic.
Old 05-20-19, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
NJG was started before he was banned. It wasn't a response to the banning, actually the opposite.

And that is all I will say on the topic.
I stand corrected. And the more I think about it, yeah it was started before the ban. Maybe it was part of the reason for his ban...IMO.
Old 05-20-19, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by HistoryProf View Post
I'm still alive. I was brizz for most of my time here.
Are you still here in KC?
Old 05-20-19, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I remember that forum G started and was very active cover there. But now I can’t even remember what the web site name actually was.

Old 05-20-19, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
I remember that forum G started and was very active cover there. But now I can’t even remember what the web site name actually was.
not just geeks
Old 05-20-19, 04:35 PM

Who is this whogirl? I only remember won’tgirl.
Old 05-20-19, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Are you still here in KC?
Back in Michigan as of last summer. My wife passed away suddenly in 2014 and it became two hard to be living in the place that happened.

Cant believe I joined this place 18 years ago.
Old 05-20-19, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by HistoryProf View Post
Back in Michigan as of last summer. My wife passed away suddenly in 2014 and it became two hard to be living in the place that happened.

Cant believe I joined this place 18 years ago.
Oh no, so sorry about your wife.

One of the sad things about following people away from this site is when something horrible happens.
Old 05-20-19, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Ahoy hoy!

Originally Posted by WhoGirl View Post

Gaslighting. The old “She’s just making it up.” You really sounded mature right up to that last line. You just couldn’t help yourself, huh? I’m kidding! I’m kidding!

I didn’t get your ages wrong. I never stated your ages. Just that you all were older than I was - which is 100% indisputable - and that I couldn’t imagine attack some stupid idiot like me for sport as I got to be your ages. You were only 21 in 2001. You still were the same at 26 - the youngest of the three.

Regardless, I accept your apology and forgive you. Because I never had it out for you. I just didn’t appreciate being treated like s*** on a daily basis. Name one time I ever retaliated against you? That’s not me. Not then, but especially not now. This isn’t retaliation. I’m speaking my mind on this for the first time in so many years, and expect and hope for no repercussions your way. But come on - it happened.

I hold the moderators who did nothing more accountable than you. You were a kid, too. They were the ones tasked to keep people obeying the rules of the forum and neglected to. Also, they really said some really lousy stuff about a lot of people in that moderator forum - including you. Not that you care, you’re thick skinned. Just saying - honest enemies versus false friends.
You said earlier "late 20s", then referenced the LA meet multiple times. That was in 2001-2002 time period, which is also when the vast majority of all this was occurring. I was 21-22. This is important to note simply because you said "These three were all in their late twenties doing that to a teenager" when it wasn't the case at all.

I wasn't trying to gaslight you, but you're just words on a screen right now -- I can't read your facial expressions, I can't hear your tone, I can't gauge your sincerity, etc. so I cannot offer anything beyond what I did.. I do think there are a variety of exaggerations, things that didn't happen, and a fair amount of expected skew but it's been 18 years -- all those memories that I would typically fall back on are long gone so there's no way to refute any of it. I know for certain that I'd never say anything like the skullf**k comment to anyone ever now, but maybe 21 year old me would and did, who knows? Maybe it was a (bad) joke with context at the time that was lost over the years? I really have no idea -- it was a lifetime ago. So are you making it up? I don't think you are at all, but I also don't think all of it happened exactly as you remember either. After all, if you were several years off on the age thing, you're possibly and likely off on some other things too.

I do know some of it is true at least -- enough to get me suspended for a month with a "one more and done forever" addendum. And yes, I'm sure the mods had a field day in their private area but I thought they were all pricks (except Blade) back then so I'm happy they hated me.

Either way 39-year-old me has enough going on to not want to put any more thought into this so again sorry for the things I said/did, no apologies for things I didn't do, and best wishes overall.

As for the rest of you, I'll talk to you in 2027 when someone else brings up my name and I get a message about it.

Old 05-20-19, 05:06 PM

I don’t mean to be mean. It was just a quip that has always stuck in my mind. 👍
Old 05-20-19, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
enough to get me suspended for a month with a "one more and done forever" addendum.
and you just had to toe the line since that moment, didn't ya? Opportunity missed.
Old 05-20-19, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Big difference between “won’t” and “can’t.”

Originally Posted by covenant View Post
I don’t mean to be mean. It was just a quip that has always stuck in my mind. 👍
Ahh... You saw my comment before I deleted it. I didn’t think you were being mean, you’re just having a bit of fun! Despite my past here, I really don’t take offense to anything now. At all. It’s better to make fun of all the stupid stuff I used to say and do.

Searching my username, I noticed “won’t girl” was brought up by a few people. If that’s my legacy... It is what it is. Well, might as well say what I said before. It took the right man who made me actually *want* to. Turns out I was just picky. Anyway… My husband is lucky, I am lucky, we’re all lucky!
Old 05-20-19, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
The only acceptable response anyone named should have is "I'm sorry. I was young/stupid and I'm not longer that person." Very few people are proud of stuff their younger self did. Own it, apologize, and don't show that you have not changed.
Yes, online harassment is never fun. And apologies should come from BOTH sides because someone did play her own part in her own way of passive aggressive and demeaning posts putting down members all the time. And I could play just as much of the victim to the shit whogirl put out there toward me but that's not my MO. I'm not one to be a bitch just for the hell of it and typically am pushed to retatliation. If that makes me an asshat, I'll gladly accept that title. Now, do i recall such specific details? Nope. Because i too just dont give a fuck.

I’m also not sure what the point is of posting your one-sided sob story and picking at shit that happened so fucking long ago. If you’re truly the bigger person and have moved on and it doesn’t bother you, then why even go there?
Old 05-20-19, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You say that without even a hint if apology or sincerity. So by "both sides" you mean from her first? As for what's your "MO", I'm pretty we are getting a good picture of it right now.
Old 05-20-19, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
and you just had to toe the line since that moment, didn't ya? Opportunity missed.
He's always been a slippery little troll, the degenerate gambler
Old 05-20-19, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh no, so sorry about your wife.

One of the sad things about following people away from this site is when something horrible happens.
Yeah, life has a way of beating us to hell and back. I often wonder how many people from here and other virtual worlds I've inhabited in 2 decades have passed on.

If nothing else it illustrates the complete inanity of the specious thread hijack going on in here.
Old 05-20-19, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
You say that without even a hint if apology or sincerity. So by "both sides" you mean from her first? As for what's your "MO", I'm pretty we are getting a good picture of it right now.
There's two sides to every story and she's posting as if she is taking no responsibility for her part in any of it. So yes, some acknowledgement that I'm not an asshat or harrassing her just for shits and giggles would be super. And then perhaps she might get an apology. But she also never apologized for anything she said or did to anyone or took any responsibility and is STILL coming in playing victim and I'm not sure why if she's over it. I'm not the one who came in bringing it up and dragging peoples names through the dirt so I'm actually curious.

And please, go ahead and assume you know me or anything about me.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.