Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Old 05-20-19, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by WhoGirl View Post
By the way, should any of those three people - who I might as well name names now since itís just what it was - if El Scorcho, Deftones, or Happycamper wish to discuss anything more than posting a rolling eyes smiley, here and now is probably as good a time as ever. Iím not an angry person, but I do feel you deserve to be called asshats because your behavior was so childish and petty. I didnít have the courage to say anything to you back then. Things have changed.
I don't know why you're so upset still, you still hold the following Misfit Island records that nobody can take away from you:

* Most bikini contest threads initiated (1)
* Most bikini contest submissions (1)
* Most bikini contest championships (1)

Old 05-20-19, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ahoy hoy!

Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
I don't know why you're so upset still, you still hold the following Misfit Island records that nobody can take away from you:

* Most bikini contest threads initiated (1)
* Most bikini contest submissions (1)
* Most bikini contest championships (1)
And your point?

It’s not anger. I find all of this hilarious in its absurdity. Maybe you’re different now, but back then you sure were a sniveling little weasel. Happycamper was too good for you. How much did she have to drink to make you cute?

I do give you credit for at least *mostly* saying it to my online face, despite your pussing out when it came to having the chance to say something to me in person. A false friend is much worse than an honest enemy.

Anyway, Personal info removed. What’s good?

Last edited by VinVega; 05-20-19 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-20-19, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk God

I am not going to feed into this, but there are numerous inaccuracies that are being posted about me and others. I have zero idea what there is to gain by posting this now. It is clear she has an ax to grind. Whatever. I won't be responding again and would recommend mods review the posts, as there are some pretty strong accusations in it, which seem to violate the rules here.
Old 05-20-19, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
I wasn't good enough to make TDD's list.
Me neither.

Old 05-20-19, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice to see you back WhoGirl.
Old 05-20-19, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No respect whatsoever.

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
I am not going to feed into this, but there are numerous inaccuracies that are being posted about me and others. I have zero idea what there is to gain by posting this now. It is clear she has an ax to grind. Whatever. I won't be responding again and would recommend mods review the posts, as there are some pretty strong accusations in it, which seem to violate the rules here.
So *now* you have a problem with rules being violated. Sucks, doesnít it?

Last edited by WhoGirl; 05-20-19 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-20-19, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

cultshock, too! Awesome!

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
Nice to see you back WhoGirl.
Hey there! Itís nice to be back in the land amongst the living!
Old 05-20-19, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dont even remember Misfit Island. was it a private DVDtalk forum or something on a different site?
i must not have been cool enough to know, haha.
Old 05-20-19, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

These are the Daves I know, I know. These are the Daves I know.

Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
I dont even remember Misfit Island. was it a private DVDtalk forum or something on a different site?
i must not have been cool enough to know, haha.
It was on a different site run by crankyman.

No, youíre cool Dave. Misfit Island was not. (*is* not... )
Old 05-20-19, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Ahoy hoy!

And your point?

Itís not anger. I find all of this hilarious in its absurdity. Maybe youíre different now, but back then you sure were a sniveling little weasel. Happycamper was too good for you. How much did she have to drink to make you cute?

I do give you credit for at least *mostly* saying it to my online face, despite your pussing out when it came to having the chance to say something to me in person. A false friend is much worse than an honest enemy.

Anyway, Jason. Whatís good?
You're obviously still holding onto things from 18 years ago to some degree. That said, I'll take ownership for and apologize for anything I said as a 21-year old (you got our ages, amongst many other details in your posts, significantly wrong, btw) if it did truly affect your mental health -- that's not something any human being deserves, regardless of your feelings of them as a person. Only you truly know deep down if it did, so I'll let you take that or leave it as you see fit.

If you want to keep going on a thread like this for whatever reason (I'm still not sure what the point of it all is after so long), go right ahead. While I can't speak for Deftones, HC, or any others you feel have wronged you, I can speak for myself in saying that I don't particularly care if you drag me on this forum all day long -- I'm never here, I don't know anyone here, and as such, I couldn't care less about defending my "reputation" here. Feel free to entirely make up stuff!

Old 05-20-19, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

1. I am not an old timer having joined here in 2006.

2. I was never invited to Misfit Island although I was at NJG aka the pirate ship for a while.

3. KD is my friend and I find your accusations upsetting but I wasn't there so there's that.

4. Yes I agree this place is a sausage fest but I grew up with all older brothers so it feels like home.

5. There are people here who don't like me too and I lose nanoseconds of sleep over it every thousand years. I am sorry for what happened to you though.

That's it.

Vibs
Old 05-20-19, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Boy oh boy.
anyway.

yes WhoGirl it was the PsychDerelict album.
That was a great show.

Old 05-20-19, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Ahoy hoy!

Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
You're obviously still holding onto things from 18 years ago to some degree. That said, I'll take ownership for and apologize for anything I said as a 21-year old (you got our ages, amongst many other details in your posts, significantly wrong, btw) if it did truly affect your mental health -- that's not something any human being deserves, regardless of your feelings of them as a person. Only you truly know deep down if it did, so I'll let you take that or leave it as you see fit.

If you want to keep going on a thread like this for whatever reason (I'm still not sure what the point of it all is after so long), go right ahead. While I can't speak for Deftones, HC, or any others you feel have wronged you, I can speak for myself in saying that I don't particularly care if you drag me on this forum all day long -- I'm never here, I don't know anyone here, and as such, I couldn't care less about defending my "reputation" here. Feel free to entirely make up stuff!
Gaslighting. The old ďSheís just making it up.Ē You really sounded mature right up to that last line. You just couldnít help yourself, huh? Iím kidding! Iím kidding!

I didnít get your ages wrong. I never stated your ages. Just that you all were older than I was - which is 100% indisputable - and that I couldnít imagine attack some stupid idiot like me for sport as I got to be your ages. You were only 21 in 2001. You still were the same at 26 - the youngest of the three.

Regardless, I accept your apology and forgive you. Because I never had it out for you. I just didnít appreciate being treated like s*** on a daily basis. Name one time I ever retaliated against you? Thatís not me. Not then, but especially not now. This isnít retaliation. Iím speaking my mind on this for the first time in so many years, and expect and hope for no repercussions your way. But come on - it happened.

I hold the moderators who did nothing more accountable than you. You were a kid, too. They were the ones tasked to keep people obeying the rules of the forum and neglected to. Also, they really said some really lousy stuff about a lot of people in that moderator forum - including you. Not that you care, youíre thick skinned. Just saying - honest enemies versus false friends.
Old 05-20-19, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think all this happened before i was born
But I will side with WhoGirl, most 21yr guys do suck
Old 05-20-19, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The only acceptable response anyone named should have is "I'm sorry. I was young/stupid and I'm not longer that person." Very few people are proud of stuff their younger self did. Own it, apologize, and don't show that you have not changed.
Old 05-20-19, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mature? Iím not mature! Iím just derelict!

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Boy oh boy.
anyway.

yes WhoGirl it was the PsychDerelict album.
That was a great show.
Oh man, Iím incredibly jealous. After the Chinese Eyes album thatís my favorite of his solo stuff. I heard he played that whole tour with an injured hand from a bike accident, and thatís why he stuck to the acoustic guitar for a good portion of it. I saw a full video of one Psychoderelict show and he was still amazing despite not being at full Pete power.
Old 05-20-19, 12:54 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
The only acceptable response anyone named should have is "I'm sorry. I was young/stupid and I'm not longer that person." Very few people are proud of stuff their younger self did. Own it, apologize, and don't show that you have not changed.

Based on everything that's been said, I don't think I was on this site yet when most/all of that drama happened, but the emboldened part above applies to pretty much everyone. Most of us are just lucky that the internet doesn't have a permanent record of our shitty behavior.

I don't know you, WhoGirl, but reading your account of how you were treated makes me very sad because it shows that DVDTalk was, even then, a microcosm of the same behavior that's gotten exponentially worse and mean-spirited in the Too Online(tm) world of today. I'm glad you made it through all that shit, though it sounds like it wasn't without some proverbial scars. Too often, young men (and women) don't realize how their typed words affect people in real life. I hope those that hurt you can at least see that much. I like to think this place is better than that now, by virtue of the fact that the average age around this place is probably 45 or higher, but some people will always think of their past behavior as "friendly ribbing" without seeing the bigger picture.

Side-note... I remember when the mod-only forum was accidentally exposed for a day. I didn't sift through the threads, but a guy named Lemmy sure did, and he was pissed.
Old 05-20-19, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
Thanks, Navinabob. I do appreciate that a lot and what you said at the other place.

Old 05-20-19, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nando820 View Post
I think all this happened before i was born
But I will side with WhoGirl, most 21yr guys do suck
Damn... way to make me feel even older than I already did. Thanks.
Old 05-20-19, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hello Dan.

Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Based on everything that's been said, I don't think I was on this site yet when most/all of that drama happened, but the emboldened part above applies to pretty much everyone. Most of us are just lucky that the internet doesn't have a permanent record of our shitty behavior.

I don't know you, WhoGirl, but reading your account of how you were treated makes me very sad because it shows that DVDTalk was, even then, a microcosm of the same behavior that's gotten exponentially worse and mean-spirited in the Too Online(tm) world of today. I'm glad you made it through all that shit, though it sounds like it wasn't without some proverbial scars. Too often, young men (and women) don't realize how their typed words affect people in real life. I hope those that hurt you can at least see that much. I like to think this place is better than that now, by virtue of the fact that the average age around this place is probably 45 or higher, but some people will always think of their past behavior as "friendly ribbing" without seeing the bigger picture.

Side-note... I remember when the mod-only forum was accidentally exposed for a day. I didn't sift through the threads, but a guy named Lemmy sure did, and he was pissed.
Donít get me wrong at all. Back then, there really were a lot of incredibly fun and amazing people, many Iím still proud to call a friend. Donny Osmond was a goddamn liar, because sometimes one bad apple does it ruin the whole bunch. I donít want anyone to take away from this that DT was a cesspool of misery and hate.

Thanks for your reply. I keep saying thanks and appreciate a lot here, but I mean it every time I say it. Thanks.
Old 05-20-19, 01:09 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Hello Dan.

Don’t get me wrong at all. Back then, there really were a lot of incredibly fun and amazing people, many I’m still proud to call a friend. Donny Osmond was a goddamn liar, because sometimes one bad apple does it ruin the whole bunch. I don’t want anyone to take away from this that DT was a cesspool of misery and hate.
Good point. I just meant that there were those types of folks doing that kind of thing and it wasn't being addressed (or worse, addressed in a super shitty way by the sounds of it), not necessarily that the whole place was like that. Today, though, there are other sites dedicated to that exact kind of behavior, and they're filled with people perpetuating it. I've said some dumb/aggressive/mean things on here to some folks, but nothing like what you've talked about.
Thanks for your reply. I keep saying thanks and appreciate a lot here, but I mean it every time I say it. Thanks.
Well thanks for replying to a stranger, too. Although your lack of a vote in my Milkshake thread has not gone unnoticed, and I consider it a serious act of aggression. (not really)
Old 05-20-19, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Hello Dan.

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Good point. I just meant that there were those types of folks doing that kind of thing and it wasn't being addressed (or worse, addressed in a super shitty way by the sounds of it), not necessarily that the whole place was like that. Today, though, there are other sites dedicated to that exact kind of behavior, and they're filled with people perpetuating it. I've said some dumb/aggressive/mean things on here to some folks, but nothing like what you've talked about.

Well thanks for replying to a stranger, too. Although your lack of a vote in my Milkshake thread has not gone unnoticed, and I consider it a serious act of aggression. (not really)
Gotcha. And even though you donít know me, I know a joke when I see it. No need to add ďnot really.Ē Itís okay.

I was hostilely holding back from your milkshake thread because frankly, *my* milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and - damn right - itís better than yours...
Old 05-20-19, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

sup
Old 05-20-19, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Goddamn. I recognize all the names but was far removed from the bulk of this drama. And that was probably for the best.

Any chance we can get wm lopez back?
Old 05-20-19, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Iím just an Aluminum Chef... :(

Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
sup
Whatís up? How are you?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.