Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Old 03-03-11, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by hbilly View Post
Been lurking since early 2001, signed up somewhere between 2003 and 2006 but never posted I think. Lost my old account info and joined again fresh in 2009.
Oh yeah? Well I was lurking here since... since 1982, and I didn't sign up until 1999! SO THERE!!!!
Old 03-03-11, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
Every time I post I gain a thousand....
pounds?
Old 03-04-11, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by happycamper View Post
nice to see you too. are you really spending more time online again or is this another quickie?
Probably just a short term return, but you never know.
Old 05-18-19, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it okay to bump this and see which fellow old bastards are still around? Greetings and salutations, old friends. Lovely to see you again
Old 05-18-19, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There was a semi-new thread that attracted a few old-timers. Not as many as I expected, but it's still fun to see some return, even if for a short time.

eta: Here it is: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk...ound-here.html
Old 05-18-19, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
There was a semi-new thread that attracted a few old-timers. Not as many as I expected, but it's still fun to see some return, even if for a short time.

eta: Here it is: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk...ound-here.html
Awww!! People said nice things about me and my prominent bangs! I am touched. Especially by....
WhoGirl is super cute also. I can't remember what goofee girl looked like.
Old 05-18-19, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad to see a lot of familiar names still around as of three months ago. Iím feeling a bit nostalgic thanks to Seeker.
Old 05-18-19, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by WhoGirl View Post

Awww!! People said nice things about me and my prominent bangs! I am touched. Especially by....

In my defense, I wasn't sure if you'd come back.
Old 05-18-19, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who came back.
Old 05-18-19, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

How many Whos does one thread need? An Abbot & Costello routine could break out at any moment!
Old 05-18-19, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 05-19-19, 01:34 AM
Premium Member

Hi WhoGirl, I remember ya!

Old 05-19-19, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

looks around cautiously

"Wait this isn't movie talk."

slowly backs out...
Old 05-19-19, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is there no respect for us old c***s?

In my defense, I wasn't sure if you'd come back.
I will forever pop in and out. Like a ghost that only has a little unfinished business and isnít in a rush to pass on to the other side, so it lurks in the back yard for a few years, then pops in for a brief sweep of the place to find that lost pen it got from the Doubletree in Lake Tahoe that it kept in its tote bag for several years and had developed a small, sentimental attachment to but doesnít *really* need and ultimately will not be hurt if it does not find it.
Old 05-19-19, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I woke up in a Soho doorway....

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Who came back.
Who came first?

Last edited by WhoGirl; 05-19-19 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Because I can.
Old 05-19-19, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Moooooo!

Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
Hi WhoGirl, I remember ya!

The Cow! How are ya? I saw you last time I checked in at the impromptu otter reunion that Thor posted a while back. Nice to see you around!
Old 05-19-19, 08:54 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Iím curious about two things. First, for you old timers who stopped posting regularly, how do you do it? I canít quit this place.

Second, how do you see these threads to pop back in? Are you lurking regularly, or is it email notifications, or a secret network of spies?
Old 05-19-19, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hi guys!
Old 05-19-19, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey everybody, I'm still here too, and checking in just about daily. I rarely post because...
Old 05-19-19, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spilled Tea.

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Iím curious about two things. First, for you old timers who stopped posting regularly, how do you do it? I canít quit this place.

Second, how do you see these threads to pop back in? Are you lurking regularly, or is it email notifications, or a secret network of spies?
Hi Trevor! Well, my case is different. Sit back and let me tell you a story. Itís long-winded and may not be of any interest to you, but Iím telling it anyway because I can.

I was a stupid kid on here in my late teens and early twenties. I posted *a lot*, just goofing around, sharing pictures of myself because damn - I wasnít half bad and it amused me. I was annoying, but never meant to bother anyone. Shrug. Then after a bit, I was harassed by three people here to the point of it being on a daily basis, finding posts from them about me when I wasnít even around posting anything. Just f*** WhoGirl, day in and out. It became damaging to my mental health, so I I needed to just unplug from the Internet for a few years. The mods here joked about the harassment I got in the mod forum. (Yeah, I saw that place. Do the math, oldies. Youíll figure it out.) But it was every fíing day and it was even stuff like being physically threatened (One particular gem was ďI want to skullfu** that stupid b***h.Ē) These three were all in their late twenties doing that to a teenager. How pathetic is that? I hope theyíre reading this and know I donít hate them. I pity them. I find them pitiful. Because when I finally got to be their age, I couldnít imagine being such a miserable low life that I would need to get my jollies bullying a stupid kid who just wanted to have a bit of fun and discuss movies. It was disgusting. The mods who never did anything to stop the harassment other than privately saying that I ďhad it comingĒ to me because of my being annoying and that I should have just had a thicker skin.

So based on that, and becoming banned from Misfit Island (which again, I still was able to read for a while after I wasnít meant to.) Saw people who claimed to be my friend then openly insulting me along with the three chucklef***s. (KD - If youíre around, you were the worst because you pretended to genuinely be my friend on the phone, only to turn around and repeat what I told you in confidence to be popular with the ďcoolĒ kids. Thatís why I didnít accept your Facebook friend request.)

As for finding this thread, I did a search on my username (because *of course* I would) to see if I was brought up here by some old friends and this came up. I came back after talking with a member who reminded me that the majority of people here were really cool people who are still around and active. I love you guys.

So.... who wants to know anything else while Iím here? Because if this places goes down soon, I just want to get this off my chest. Itís been eleven years of never speaking about how s****y some people here were, I have no f***s to give. I am impervious to anything horrible that could be said to me.

The only thing I regret is letting a couple people ruin a good place for me, because most people here were interesting and intelligent people I loved discussing movies with to pass the time and get through this thing called ďLife.Ē

By the way, I met those three aforementioned jerks in person at a DVDTalk reunion after years of their harassment. They didnít have the guts to say anything directly to my face. Now *that* was god damn hilarious. Ahhh...

Thank you for attending my TED Talk. I would offer you refreshments, but Iíve got nothing. I do have a lovely story about when Kleinman threatened to sue me over my stupid, zero-revenue hobby Horror movie review site, if anyone is interested. Shame he let this place go to Hell. Iím glad he gets to see his old site failing and is frustrated by it, though, because - really - screw someone who threatens you with a cease and desist and legal action rather than just asking you to stop doing something they donít like (which you were actually 100% legally allowed to do anyway.)
Old 05-19-19, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well that blows.

I never was involved in That misfit island thing probably because I wasn’t invited or no one was aware of me really.
Never used that cheat code or whatever it was to go into the mod sections.
Glad I didn’t I doubt it would have gone well.

A huge issue on this site has always been that it’s mostly a sausage fest.

When we get woman in here they almost all get driven away with that same bleep you went through.

Old 05-19-19, 04:59 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Spilled Tea.

Originally Posted by WhoGirl View Post
KD - If you’re around, you were the worst...
Glad that wasn't me, I'd hate to be remembered as a complete asshole...

Sometimes I regret not being here longer so I could join in these *old bastard* threads, even though I am in my 60's (in that regard I guess I could be an old bastard). But more than that I wish I'd been here "back then" so I could know what this site used to be like. Seems like it was kinda nuts around here, and that appeals to my sense of the bat shit crazy...

Anyway, been here for 9 years this month, for some reason it doesn't seem like it's been that long...
Old 05-19-19, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spilled Tea.

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Well that blows.

I never was involved in That misfit island thing probably because I wasnít invited or no one was aware of me really.
Never used that cheat code or whatever it was to go into the mod sections.
Glad I didnít I doubt it would have gone well.

A huge issue on this site has always been that itís mostly a sausage fest.

When we get woman in here they almost all get driven away with that same bleep you went through.

It had nothing to do with it being a sausage fest here. I like sausage.
Seriously, most guys were really cool and respectful of me, or had the good sense to just scroll by whatever they didnít like about me so I didnít know. Iím talking actual threats of physical harm, saying I should kill myself, and overall bulls*** which despite my handling it for year after year, day after day, not one single moderator ever told them to seriously cut the sh** despite it violating the ďrulesĒ any time I brought it up (which wasnít that often.)

It sucks you feel it could be that no one noticed you. I know you werenít as active as many other people, but I saw ya here. You didnít miss much not being at the Island. It was set up as a place to exclude certain people from here and be able to surreptitiously talk smack about them, and whine about the drama at this place while simultaneously creating more of it.

And it wasnít a cheat code or hack that got me into the mod forum. I just had full access and Iíll leave it at that because Iím not looking to get the person who gave me access in trouble. Theyíre still cool in my book.

Last edited by WhoGirl; 05-19-19 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-19-19, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Spilled Tea.

Originally Posted by kd5 View Post
Glad that wasn't me, I'd hate to be remembered as a complete asshole...

Sometimes I regret not being here longer so I could join in these *old bastard* threads, even though I am in my 60's (in that regard I guess I could be an old bastard). But more than that I wish I'd been here "back then" so I could know what this site used to be like. Seems like it was kinda nuts around here, and that appeals to my sense of the bat shit crazy...

Anyway, been here for 9 years this month, for some reason it doesn't seem like it's been that long...
Hello! I was here 18 years ago, and it feels like it hasnít been that long. . Crazy how time passes like that. Damn, Iím old.

it was pretty crazy and a lot of fun, too.

Last edited by WhoGirl; 05-19-19 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-19-19, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why did you choose. Whogirl as your DvdTalk name?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.