Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Biggest Loser 2011 Edition - Better. Faster. Stronger

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Biggest Loser 2011 Edition - Better. Faster. Stronger

Old 01-28-11, 01:24 PM

Re: Biggest Loser 2011 Edition - Better. Faster. Stronger

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom View Post
What keeps happening to cauce the surgeries?
Surgeon thinks just weak abdominal muscle in a certain area is the cause. He took photos with the scope this past surgery. Looks like the third surgery from a previous surgeon was very poorly done, which is a bummer, after spending weeks off from work. Mulling over options there against former surgeon. I had to have extensive work done so I know I'll be away from the gym for a few months. Very much looking forward to getting back at it when the time comes.
Old 01-28-11, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Quick question; overall, which is better: Running about 2.5 miles every day, or running about 5 miles every other day?

I know rest plays a big part in things, but 24 hours of rest should also be fine if you're not overdoing it, right?
It's a good question. But the answer "probably" varies depending on what you think is "better".

I run about 12 miles per week. 3.11 (5k) 3 times a week and 1 mile 3 times a week. On the days I run 1 mile, I also do 25-30 minutes of weights.

So...the answer to your question might be different if your training for a marathon, or trying to lose weight, or trying to be in better physical shape.

I've been happy with my results as far as improving overall fitness, but not happy that I haven't improved my speed significantly. So I'm debating changing some things up.

However, just like the answer to the question of "should I lift less weight and more reps" or "higher weight and less reps" the answer is probably BOTH. You should probably mix it up.
Old 01-28-11, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you want to lose weight or stay in fitness, running every day is better. Or doing any kind of aerobic/cardio every day.
Old 01-28-11, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Best way to stay in shape--> good diet (follow the 80/20 rule), drink water daily, take some fishoil, sleep/rest as much as possible, lift weights (3xs a week compund movements first, isolation movements as needed to bring up weakness), some cardio (2-3xs a week some high intensity, some low intensity), some mobility work/stretching(6-7 days a week 5-10 mins a day).... With running I would say do what you like. If you enjoy running, do it as much as it makes you happy. If you dont like it, find some other physical activity which you enjoy and do that as much as you can that doesnt drive you away from wanting to do it.
Old 01-28-11, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Best way to stay in shape--> good diet (follow the 80/20 rule), drink water daily, take some fishoil, sleep/rest as much as possible, lift weights (3xs a week compund movements first, isolation movements as needed to bring up weakness), some cardio (2-3xs a week some high intensity, some low intensity), some mobility work/stretching(6-7 days a week 5-10 mins a day).... With running I would say do what you like. If you enjoy running, do it as much as it makes you happy. If you dont like it, find some other physical activity which you enjoy and do that as much as you can that doesnt drive you away from wanting to do it.
Regularly drinking water has been the one thing I have not been able to consistently do.
Old 01-28-11, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Im not one of these "you have to carry around a gallon jug of water a day to stay hydrated" type people, but I think making sure you get a few glasses of water in with other liquids throughout the day is probably a good idea. Especially if you are someone who regularly trains.
Old 01-31-11, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Good if somewhat basic article. A good reminder none the less if you have started (or restarted) at the new year and not seeing the results you wanted.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/28....html?hpt=Sbin

Why you're not seeing fitness results this year

(CNN) -- Remember those resolutions in the beginning of the year -- you were going to get in shape, exercise regularly and take fitness classes?

It's now the end of January. Are you still doing it?

It's cold -- there's snow outside. Work and family demands are too much. There's no time to squeeze in a workout.

January is the busiest month of the year for Mike Littrel, president and CEO of X3 Sports gyms in Atlanta.

"January is the natural reset point for people -- it's the beginning of the year. The holidays are over. It's a natural time for people to make a change and a shift in their life," he said.

The yearly ritual begins with newbies flooding the gym.

"Within the first three weeks, they fade away from the goal or the intensity of what they're committing to," Littrel said. "From what I see, it takes 28 days to create a habit. They're quitting before the 21st day."

Their biggest complaint: They don't see any results.

CNN.com asked fitness experts why we don't see changes despite best efforts at the gym, and how to reboot our fitness routine.

1) You're not changing what you eat.

A lot of people hit the gym, but don't watch what they eat, said Jordan Yuam, who trains "Twilight" actor Taylor Lautner. They get impatient because they don't see dramatic changes in the first few weeks of working out.

"When starting out an exercise program, if you want to see a successful outcome, you work on food first," Yuam said.

This means fewer calories, or at least better-quality nutrition. Eat foods like an apple or cottage cheese that take more energy for your body to digest, he suggested. There are too many junk foods packaged and marketed as health foods, Yuam said, so he recommends cutting back on processed foods.

The bottom-line diet: Eat less

Fad diets don't work, especially the ones that require cutting out an entire food group like carbs or fats, Yuam said. Those don't work in the long run, because they're unsustainable.

"You want long term," he said, stressing a well-balanced diet.

It doesn't have to be deprivation. If you really need that pizza slice or Chinese food, pick one meal in a week where you can have that guilty pleasure, and put it down on your calendar.

2) You're not having fun during your workout.

"It has to be fun," said Tracie Rogers, a spokeswoman for the American Council on Exercise. "If you're absolutely miserable and you dread going, you can find another option. There are too many options where you can find one to be fun and happy with."

Rogers suggests asking friends and trying fitness options like Zumba, spin, kickboxing and sports leagues until you find what you like.

"A lot of people think their only option is going to a giant gym," Rogers said. "Some people are extremely overwhelmed and intimidated, so they never go. That's not the only option. There are boutiques doing all sorts of things. Shop around and see what feels right."

Watching the clock during a fitness routine is a bad sign. It means your motivation isn't there.

How one man's shame sparked a 300-pound weight loss

"It's about doing something for yourself," said Rogers, a sports and exercise psychologist in Phoenix, Arizona. "A lot of us are busy with family, work and so many commitments. The workout time can be viewed as the one hour of the day you dedicate to yourself."

Make exercise a social outing by participating in fitness classes and meeting with friends and trainers.

The 51 fastest fat burners

"If you take manageable steps and put the right people around you, you set yourself to be successful," Littrel said. "You have a better chance rather than going about it alone without guidance and support. There's much psychological support."

3) You're only doing cardio.

Yuam said he hears complaints from people who say they don't see any changes after spending hours on the treadmill or elliptical machine.

"For people who are sitting on exercise machines, they're not getting their heart rate up. They just are doing the motions. They're going to fail or leave the gym because why do something when you don't see results? They're not motivated anymore," said Yuam, a fitness trainer and owner of Jordan's Virtual Fit Club in Valencia, California.

"In the years of doing this, the most common error is, 'I have to do cardio. I have to do an hour of cardio,' " he said.

Women tend to focus on cardio and neglect strength training, Yuam said.

He suggests resistance training at least three times a week to his clients.

The 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommended muscle-strengthening physical activity on at least three days of the week for kids and two or more for adults.

Strength training helps decrease body fat, increase lean muscle mass and more efficiently burn calories.

4) Your goal is unrealistic.

Changing your fitness doesn't mean you have to vigorously work out seven days a week.

"People don't have to conquer crazy goals all at one time," Littrel said.

Trying to go from a coach potato to an exercise warrior on a Spartan diet is unsustainable for most people. Once life gets busy or stressful, people drop all of these efforts and go back to unhealthy habits.

Take the first step of working out even two days a week, and scale upward from there, Littrel said. Doing some physical exercise is better than nothing, with so many people battling obesity, he said.

Set realistic goals and monitor your progress.

Take a picture of yourself the first week, and then take another in the following weeks to track how you're doing, Yuam said.
Old 01-31-11, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Im not one of these "you have to carry around a gallon jug of water a day to stay hydrated" type people, but I think making sure you get a few glasses of water in with other liquids throughout the day is probably a good idea. Especially if you are someone who regularly trains.
I know I'm not drinking enough. I've caught myself not having water the entire day except for the sports bottle I take to the gym.

I have at least gotten into the habit recently of drinking a large glass (I'd guess 18-24 ounces) of water first thing in the morning.

And I've done better with drinking less diet drinks (my real crutch). However I've partly substituted coffee. I never drank it (other than the occasional latte at Starbucks). But my son does and we got him a coffee maker for Christmas. Well I've been drinking as much as for him. Read a couple things that coffee does some good things. But obviously not a replacement for good ol' fasion water....I just need to drink more of it.
Old 01-31-11, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd like to be a part of this and receive advice and support (I'll try to provide the same of course).

First, does anyone think those balance scales are very accurate? I used the one at my gym and it says I'm at 148lbs, but I can't believe it.

I'm 5'8" and was at my peak fitness about 4 years ago at 135lbs. I was lean and cut.

Since then I've slacked and haven't played as much sports (I love playing basketball and tennis) and my discipline at the grocery store leaves alot to be desired. I always end up grabbing a couple things that are unhealthy (but damn are they tasty!) I also have since graduated college and gotten a job, so of course I started dining out since I could afford it. Anyway long story short I hit around 170lbs in summer 2010.

Since then I've made an effort to change my diet and work out 3 times a week at my gym. I also plan on incorporating a daily mini workout at home while watching a movie or TV.

I mentioned the balance scale, and have a hard time believing that it's accurate. I'd say I'm about 155lbs right now, not 148 as the scale said last week. I want to get under 140lbs.

As someone who is looking to lose weight, should I be sticking to fruits and veggies only, lay off the meat and heavy protein? Can someone give me a basic meal plan?

Also, should all my focus be on cardio? Right now I'm lifting weights 3 times a week and ride a bike 20 minutes on those days.
Old 01-31-11, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
I'd like to be a part of this and receive advice and support (I'll try to provide the same of course).

First, does anyone think those balance scales are very accurate? I used the one at my gym and it says I'm at 148lbs, but I can't believe it.

I'm 5'8" and was at my peak fitness about 4 years ago at 135lbs. I was lean and cut.

Since then I've slacked and haven't played as much sports (I love playing basketball and tennis) and my discipline at the grocery store leaves alot to be desired. I always end up grabbing a couple things that are unhealthy (but damn are they tasty!) I also have since graduated college and gotten a job, so of course I started dining out since I could afford it. Anyway long story short I hit around 170lbs in summer 2010.

Since then I've made an effort to change my diet and work out 3 times a week at my gym. I also plan on incorporating a daily mini workout at home while watching a movie or TV.

I mentioned the balance scale, and have a hard time believing that it's accurate. I'd say I'm about 155lbs right now, not 148 as the scale said last week. I want to get under 140lbs.

As someone who is looking to lose weight, should I be sticking to fruits and veggies only, lay off the meat and heavy protein? Can someone give me a basic meal plan?

Also, should all my focus be on cardio? Right now I'm lifting weights 3 times a week and ride a bike 20 minutes on those days.
Hey there! Welcome aboard! Join in, read, contribute, whatever!

Balance scales? Well, I imagine it depends on the individual scale. And my understanding on those is they must be level. But is it really important that it is spot on or that it is consistent so you can see your progress? Do you need to weigh an exact, to the ounce amount? Do you have some other scale to compare it to? Maybe at home or Dr's office?

Nice job on getting back into it. You might share your "mini" workout at home. Some might like to see/hear about that. I'd be curious!!

No you should not skip proteins when trying to lose weight. Yes, you should have your fruits and veggies. Give you a basic meal plan? Do you mean like % of protein, carbs and fats for the day? Personally I don't do that. But others here might or you might Google.

But remember regardless of % there is only one way to lose weight. That is a calorie deficit. You must burn more than you take in. Now your on the right track in general. Meaning the calories you eat should be good one's. But if your goal it to lose weight, so long as you have that deficit, you will lose. Personally I try to have a balance (but don't really pay attention to %). I don't eliminate fats for example, but try to the better one's (fish oil, nuts, olive oils). I try to eat protein every meal. And tho I'm not always successful fiber as well. Fiber and protein help you feel fuller.

One thing I try to be consistent about with my eating is always eating breakfast and doing my best to spread those calories out and eat five "meals" a day.

Yes, you want to do weights while losing weight. However you won't see huge muscle gains. If your trying to lose weight and have a calorie deficit it will be difficult to gain muscles. However, you still want to do weight. You can add strength and minimize muscle you do lose through weight loss (when you lose weight you can't target just fat). So as the article above mention, yes, do weights as well.

Do keep in mind that losing weight is sometimes a reaction. Meaning you notice you clothes don't fit as well or you see old pictures of yourself. You should really think about what you want. Being "less" (lighter weight) doesn't automatically mean better health. Scales and charts on the net and Dr's office are by and large outdated (as an overall health assessment indicator). You can be lower weight than a chart says you should be but have the same issues as an obese person due to % of body fat, lack of exercise, etc. Or you could weight more than the chart says you should and not have those issues for the opposite reason (because you eat quality foods and your exercise).

Not trying to talk you into or out of anything....just some thoughts....
Old 01-31-11, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

There a really good diet/workout site that isn't Bodybuilding.com out there? I realize that knowing what foods to eat isn't helping me out so much, I need set schedules for food and recipes as well as a reasonable weight/cardio plan
Old 01-31-11, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
There a really good diet/workout site that isn't Bodybuilding.com out there? I realize that knowing what foods to eat isn't helping me out so much, I need set schedules for food and recipes as well as a reasonable weight/cardio plan
Do you have a smartphone? I have several apps that are pretty good with workout plans. Not as much on food/recipes tho.

Do you run? If not and at all curious I highly recommend the C25K. Great plan to take you from couch to 5k in like 8 weeks I think. Plus it is FREE!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

But there are also apps you can get for your smart phone which are really great. With them, you don't have to stare at the clock or mileage on the treadmill or watch if your running outside. You get verbal direction.

As for lifting, the 5X5 Stripped gets a lot of positive feedback.

http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2...ipped-5x5.html

I have to admit to taking some of the ideas and workouts and but not all. Which I know is likely not as effective....

I really find keeping logs helpful and motivating. I try to track what I eat and my workouts. It is motivating and easy for me to make adjustments. That to me is the key, being able to adjust when you aren't getting the results you want. I keep all on my phone, but there are plenty of on line web sites to do it. Or even just a workout log (paper and pen...heaven forbid...lol).
Old 01-31-11, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm alright on the running front and can run/jog 3 miles (usually on a treadmill but I do get out every once in a while) without too much of a problem -- I was actually shocked, after a 7 months of beer, food, cigs and no exercise (and like 20 extra lbs), I was able to jump up and do 2 miles with no issue at all.

I'll take a look at 5x5 and see how it is, thanks! I need a really kickass diet plan. I have some friends doing Crossfit at the local Crossfit Gyms and that seems to be working, but I think it's a little much for me at this point.

And yeah, I have an Android-based smartphone, downloaded JEFit (w/ animations) on it and have Spark for diet stuff.
Old 01-31-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Hey there! Welcome aboard! Join in, read, contribute, whatever!

Balance scales? Well, I imagine it depends on the individual scale. And my understanding on those is they must be level. But is it really important that it is spot on or that it is consistent so you can see your progress? Do you need to weigh an exact, to the ounce amount? Do you have some other scale to compare it to? Maybe at home or Dr's office?

Nice job on getting back into it. You might share your "mini" workout at home. Some might like to see/hear about that. I'd be curious!!

No you should not skip proteins when trying to lose weight. Yes, you should have your fruits and veggies. Give you a basic meal plan? Do you mean like % of protein, carbs and fats for the day? Personally I don't do that. But others here might or you might Google.

But remember regardless of % there is only one way to lose weight. That is a calorie deficit. You must burn more than you take in. Now your on the right track in general. Meaning the calories you eat should be good one's. But if your goal it to lose weight, so long as you have that deficit, you will lose. Personally I try to have a balance (but don't really pay attention to %). I don't eliminate fats for example, but try to the better one's (fish oil, nuts, olive oils). I try to eat protein every meal. And tho I'm not always successful fiber as well. Fiber and protein help you feel fuller.

One thing I try to be consistent about with my eating is always eating breakfast and doing my best to spread those calories out and eat five "meals" a day.

Yes, you want to do weights while losing weight. However you won't see huge muscle gains. If your trying to lose weight and have a calorie deficit it will be difficult to gain muscles. However, you still want to do weight. You can add strength and minimize muscle you do lose through weight loss (when you lose weight you can't target just fat). So as the article above mention, yes, do weights as well.

Do keep in mind that losing weight is sometimes a reaction. Meaning you notice you clothes don't fit as well or you see old pictures of yourself. You should really think about what you want. Being "less" (lighter weight) doesn't automatically mean better health. Scales and charts on the net and Dr's office are by and large outdated (as an overall health assessment indicator). You can be lower weight than a chart says you should be but have the same issues as an obese person due to % of body fat, lack of exercise, etc. Or you could weight more than the chart says you should and not have those issues for the opposite reason (because you eat quality foods and your exercise).

Not trying to talk you into or out of anything....just some thoughts....
Thanks for replying!

Yes the balance scale was level, weighed myself a week ago and it was 148lbs. I used an electronic scale at my parent's house about 10 weeks ago and I was 162lbs according to that. Going off my appearance I'd say I've lost only 5-7lbs, not 14 as the differences on the scales suggest. Anyway I just want to have an accurate reading so I can set my goals accordingly.

My daily mini workout consists of 4 different sets of situps at 20 reps each, 4 sets of pushups at 20 each, and 3 different free weight exercises at 4 sets of 20.

Speaking of nuts, are there a certain type that are healthy? I actually started eating roasted peanuts as a snack and assumed they were healthy, but the nutritional information was surprisingly bad.
I'll look for food high in fiber, thanks for that suggestion.

I realize that I don't have as extreme a weight loss goal as some people in here, but I definitely have a gut that I need to get rid of. I hate it when I run and can feel my gut bouncing up and down, I'm not used to that haha. I've been in pretty good shape most of my life, so being alittle chunky has been really damaging for my self esteem.
Old 01-31-11, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
Thanks for replying!

Yes the balance scale was level, weighed myself a week ago and it was 148lbs. I used an electronic scale at my parent's house about 10 weeks ago and I was 162lbs according to that. Going off my appearance I'd say I've lost only 5-7lbs, not 14 as the differences on the scales suggest. Anyway I just want to have an accurate reading so I can set my goals accordingly.

My daily mini workout consists of 4 different sets of situps at 20 reps each, 4 sets of pushups at 20 each, and 3 different free weight exercises at 4 sets of 20.

Speaking of nuts, are there a certain type that are healthy? I actually started eating roasted peanuts as a snack and assumed they were healthy, but the nutritional information was surprisingly bad.
I'll look for food high in fiber, thanks for that suggestion.

I realize that I don't have as extreme a weight loss goal as some people in here, but I definitely have a gut that I need to get rid of. I hate it when I run and can feel my gut bouncing up and down, I'm not used to that haha. I've been in pretty good shape most of my life, so being alittle chunky has been really damaging for my self esteem.
Almonds are sort of the "go too" nut. But go easy. Nuts have the good fats, but they are calorie dense. A single serving is like 160 calories which is a 1/4 cup (about a palm full or ONE ounce) worth. These are not something you are to "nibble on all day" if your watching your calorie in take. I'll have a serving as a mid morning or mid afternoon snack (but not both). The fiber will make you seem fuller. Not much into nuts? Try all natural peanut butter or make your own.

I've been sort of hooked on dried roasted edamame. No not a nut, but a soy bean. Higher in protein, lower in calories and fat (which means less of the good fat in nuts as well). They are also cheaper. Give the same "crunch" as a nut and generally salted.

Something to check out and think about. Try an assortment of things. If your into it, you can Google how to make your own nutrition or protein bars at home. Surprisingly easy, cheap and then you know exactly what your getting.
Old 01-31-11, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just think of scales as another tool... No better or worse than the mirror test or clothes test, all that matters is are you happy? Never give up protein. In fact dont give up fat or carbs either. Just choose the right ones. I am of the belief that there is no such thing as a bad food, just some are better than others. Veggies are always a good thing, lean meats as well. Fruit is good too, but its not an unlimited supply type of deal like veggies. Same with good fats. The body doesnt need grains like some experts have you believe, but they are a great tool in adding variety and satiety. I say come up with about 7-8 good, healthy recipes you enjoy and stick to variations on those, with occasional cheats so that you dont go bat shit crazy. Keep weight training in and add cardio as well. Most important is to find something physical you enjoy and have fun with it. If it sucks or is boring, you wont stick to it.

With nuts, remember a peanut isnt actually a nut... Some experts say they arent good for you because of the aflotoxins involved. I say they are a better alternative then chips or candy and as long as you don't over do it, go for it. Try some macadamia nuts, or walnuts to try and change things up. Also as an alternative to natural peanut butter (which I love btw), try almond butter or Macadamia nut butter. The Trader Joes Almond butter is fairly inexpensive and pretty damn good, about the best one I have had. Again, don't over do these. Just because they are good for you doesnt mean you can engorge on them.
Old 01-31-11, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've been consistently burning over 450 calories on weight days now. This is good! Typically I was around 400 or less. I've added a little and running a little fast during warm up run.

Yes, I know the real benefit of weights comes after I leave the gym. But I use calories burned as a rough measure of effort.

And those Roman Dead Lifts are a bitch - and do get me breathing heavy!!
Old 02-01-11, 12:23 AM
Cool New Member

What's you bodyfat%?
Old 02-02-11, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've almost lost my "holiday" weight...lol....I gained about 8-9 lbs between Thanksgiving and New Years. Not a huge deal. I kept up with my workouts and runs, I was just eating more than a should. And a more sweets.

One thing that I've really learned is for me sweets are really hard. They don't fill me up at all. And so they are a pure, high calorie add on to what I normally eat.

But again, almost got it all off. Got about 2 lbs to go to get back to my "normal" weight of 188 which is -85 overall. Than for 2011 I have decided to lose more. I wanted to be 183 (or less) by end of February, but I'll be happy with 183-185. I think I'd like to get below 180!. I was really happy with how I felt at 187-189. But I think another 8-10 lbs could be an improvement on top of that....
Old 02-02-11, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah I got off all my holiday weight as well this past weekend (I put on about 15 lbs and that was with heavy working out ) Sweets are my downfall as well. I can eat and eat them and never feel full. The only thing that usually signals me to stop is the sickness from the sugar. Thats why I keep the sweets to Saturday only and special events/holidays.
Old 02-06-11, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Weight lifting question for Doom or other lifters:

I'm typically lifting 30 minutes 3 days a week. My goal is tone and minimize muscle loss as I continue to lose weight. Also of course to gain strength. I can see and feel improvement and over all happy with results considering I know I'm not bulking up or gaining tons of muscle while on a calorie deficit diet.

How much it is going effect if I drop to 2 days a week, but perhaps up the time to 40-45 minutes?

My daughter really wants to do a half marathon. And the training I found has you running 4 days a week. Well, I know I need to work in a day off, so that leave only 2 days to lift.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?
Old 02-07-11, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dropping to 2 days a week is a fine... The only thing I would do is make sure you get your same lifts in and up your intensity a bit.
Old 02-08-11, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thoughts on working out when sick?

I got the flu or a bad cold. I ran last night to start a new running program. It should have been an easy run for me, but damn...it was hard....I was going to lift tonight....

Have to say, since losing weight and getting in better overall shape, I've gotten sick a lot less often. But it seems to be worse when I do. I'm wondering if previously my body wasn't strong enough to fight off even a weak cold. Now it is and I only get the more severe stuff.
Old 02-10-11, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Creatine advice needed:

I started taking one scoop after my workout (fruit punch creatine mixed with vanilla protein shake ) However i read on some sites that talk about loading cycles and take it 3 times a day which seems excessive. I was thinking of just taking it post workout for a month and cycle off for a month.
Old 02-11-11, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok, here's a most serious question .... How do I stop my hellacious protein FARTS??

Seriously, ever since I've upped my protein intake (mostly through shakes) i've been farting like 10 times an hour, and it's the most ungodly smell EVER.

I've lost about 30 pounds already, working out 30 mins +55 mins cardio, 5 to 6 days a week. So now I'm trying to bulk up more, hence the protein. Bleh... even my cats won't cuddle with me anymore

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.