Plumbing/Shower Help? Please?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-09-10, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, people. Need a little advice/info.

I have problems with my shower, and my landlord keeps saying he's going to send someone to fix it, but nothing yet.

There are 3 knobs in the shower, hot, cold, and tub off/shower on

I should be able to adjust the water in the tub, then turn on the shower above, but within 30 seconds, water comes from the shower head (not much)

After you turn on the shower, you only get half the pressure you should, because water continues to run into the tub.

I've tried to get my landlord to understand this is more than just a little drip, but ????

A) How to I get my landlord to fix this? Is he obligated to? He pays for the water, and it's wasting a lot.

B) How would I fix this myself, maybe with a friend? How much would it cost, how long would it take?

C) How much would it cost if I called a professional? How would I describe it to him?

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-09-10, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Plumbing/Shower Help? Please?

might have some lime/calcium build up in the shower head. Try unscrewing the shower head to check for deposit debris.

usually happens when the main water is shut off for a brief period of time, then turned back on.
Old 08-09-10, 09:46 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Plumbing/Shower Help? Please?

You need a shower diverter - that's the thing that decides if water comes out of the spout or the showerhead. You have to remove the spout. It either has a set screw underneath it or is threaded in. Take both to the hardware store and find a matching set.

It's not hard to do, but be careful so you don't make the problem worse, especially if you are in an older home.