Facebook feud leads to fatal crash

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 07-26-10, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People suck.

PONTIAC, Mich. — A Facebook feud between two women who claimed to love the same prison inmate led to a high-speed chase and a crash that critically injured one of the rivals, killed her friend and left the second rival facing murder charges.
Torrie Emery was arraigned Friday in Pontiac's 50th District Court on multiple felonies, as friends of the dead woman were holding a car wash to pay for her funeral.
"It's unbelievable," Pontiac police Chief Valard S. Gross told The Associated Press as he described the escalating dispute that ended with Wednesday's deadly crash. "It's just crazy."
According to Gross, Emery, 23, and Danielle Booth, 20, had been feuding for some time, leading to an earlier police complaint. According to Emery's family, the dispute was over a 23-year-old man now serving time in a Michigan prison.
On Wednesday, Emery was driving when she saw Booth in the passenger seat of a car driven by Alesha Abernathy and started chasing her, Gross said. Emery had her 3-year-old daughter in the car with her.
Police Det. Paul McDougal, who was in an unmarked squad car, saw both vehicles rush by at speeds approaching 100 mph, Gross said. Before McDougal could reach them — and while a panicked Booth was on the phone with a police dispatcher — Abernathy ran a red light and plowed into a dump truck, knocking it onto its side but not injuring the truck's driver.
The crash killed Abernathy and critically injured Booth, who was in the intensive care unit Friday at POH Regional Medical Center in Pontiac. Emery and her daughter weren't hurt.
"How can you get that angry or that jealous, really, that you jeopardize the life of your 3-year-old?" Gross asked. "One person's stupidity, and look at the repercussions. It's just a ripple effect."
Emery appeared on video at her arraignment Friday on charges of second-degree murder, assault with intent to do great bodily harm and child abuse. She indicated she would look for a lawyer.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38387735...ets/?GT1=43001
Old 07-26-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Facebook feud leads to fatal crash

Thank goodness the 3 year old wasn't hurt. The adults, who cares?
Old 07-26-10, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Before clicking on the link, I'm gonna already declare guilty based on the standard hotness guilt equation.
Old 07-26-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holding a car wash to pay for a funeral of someone who died in a car crash. Someone has a sense of humor.
Old 07-26-10, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The story offers overwhelming details as to how Facebook played a role in this.
Old 07-26-10, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If only Facebook wasn't around, then these kinds of situations wouldn't happen.
Old 07-26-10, 05:29 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Like.
Old 07-26-10, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a damn shame. Dump trucks are expensive.
Old 07-26-10, 05:33 PM

This convicted inmate has two women fighting over him. Meanwhile, lonely Mel Gibson can't even find somebody to simply BLOOOOOOOOOOOW him.
Old 07-26-10, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fuck Facebook!
Old 07-26-10, 06:18 PM
Suspended

So had these two "hotness yet to be determined" chicks interacted through the old fashion letters, would the news headline read "USPS feud leads to fatal crash"? Whatever happened to journalistic integrity?
Old 07-26-10, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hotness has been determined

Not hot
Old 07-26-10, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Throw the book at her!
Old 07-26-10, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!

Originally Posted by JumpCutz View Post
People suck.
Hey! Most of us here on the Otter Pharm don't suck.
Old 07-26-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz View Post
Throw the book at her!
Judging from the picture, someone already has. My guess was that it was an unabridged Oxford English Dictionary and that it it her square in the face.
Old 07-26-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hoodrats
“B------ litterally need to grw the f--- up, i aint pressed for s---, no n------' & no petty a-- brawds pretending to B Adults...SMH this s--- is for da Birds dot period thee End .”

In response to that post, she wrote : “Girl y she done wrote shawn talkn bout we b ridin past HER s---? lmfao @ this petty-ness...it's like never ending bestie!! wtf? i even try to b cordial w this female?”

Following a comment from a friend, which stated “F--- the worthless B----,” Booth wrote “E x a c t l y... & i hope this don't hav to get dumb cuz you knw exactly hw tha f--- WE DO!!”

The arguments on Booth’s page seemed to calm down for a while after that post, but Booth made at least two posts that appear to be related to the argument in the week leading up to the crash.

On July 19, Booth posted the following: “Confused. delirious. simple minded brawd - SMDH. & Condolances - it's really sad to see how far a misserable b---- will go to get a lil attention, Envy on. cuz im laughin out loud litterally, wit bay @ this dilly f.b s--- & doing some h.w...”
So clearly it was a misunderstanding, because I can't understand a word of this shit.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...9578953074.txt
Old 07-26-10, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AGuyNamedMike View Post
Hey! Most of us here on the Otter Pharm don't suck.
True. I'll cut ya'll some slack.
Old 07-26-10, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I hope someone called an Amber Lance.
Old 07-26-10, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought "dilly" was a DQ ice cream bar. Damn, those were good.
Old 07-27-10, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think this is just some viral marketing for The Social Network.

In theaters October 1st.
Old 07-27-10, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
Judging from the picture, someone already has. My guess was that it was an unabridged Oxford English Dictionary and that it it her square in the face.
Old 07-27-10, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wonder what they will update their status to?
Old 07-27-10, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
Holding a car wash to pay for a funeral of someone who died in a car crash. Someone has a sense of humor.
I'll keep this in mind, and if I ever have a friend killed in an automatic car wash...we're holding a demoliton derby fundraiser to just balance shit out.
Old 07-27-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie W View Post
So clearly it was a misunderstanding, because I can't understand a word of this shit.
Old 07-27-10, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's what she wrote translated into everyday English:

Man i tell u girlz can be so childish i mean who care about who fukin who itz only pontiac everbody fukin everbody ~ even u so stop playin i dont care shiat im not fukin his u.g.l.azz but yeah he like her cuz she is classy i mean he love cuz she got her own & u baby girl u just cant be wift ~lmfao @ u hoez & imean hoez

Well had fun too nite i was so cute az always~ damm a biatch like me need a real man too cum home to But fark it im still gone be good with or with out one!!! Well good nite facefarkers or should i sayy haterrrrrrrs (smh)

Cant sleep up thinkin about him i tryed too stop love for him but win he call me all the love i tryed to stop just came back ~ so now i want my man back & guess wat i gone get wat i wont so biatch u can kill that haqqy home shiat hoe i love De'shawn m freeman & he love & how do i cuz he told me soooooooo yep hez mind letz get mey the best win

Translation:

We should not concern ourselves with the intimate activities of others due the the high level of promiscuity in Pontiac. Regardless, he is physically unattractive, therefore I would not sleep with him, and he loves another woman who has her own residence. As a result of this he will not be romantically involved with you either. This causes me to mock you and other similar low-class women.

I had fun tonight because I went out and appeared physically attractive as usual. I deserve a classy boyfriend however I will enjoy my life regardless of my relationship status. Goodnight fellow facebook users who choose to think poorly of me.

I am having trouble sleeping due to thoughts I am having about a former lover. While I previously believed that I no longer cared for him, due to a recent conversation we had I have realized that my feelings for him are stronger than ever. I do, in fact, still love De'Shawn M. Freeman. I realize that he is currently involved with another woman, however all is fair in love and war and he will have to decide which woman he ultimately wants to be with.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.