Online dating experiences?

Other Talk "Otterville"

Online dating experiences?

Old 05-21-13, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 683 Likes on 527 Posts
Re: Online dating experiences?

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
Orange County, Long Beach, LA, I'm telling you women are a different breed out here. When I lived in Chicago the girls were way different, not as outgoing.
I like OC bitches, especially the ones from Newport, because you might get lucky and get a racist blonde haired surfer girl, but if you bust some mean game on them you'll be wearing their ankles as earrings before the night is over. Been there and it was great.
Old 05-21-13, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
Orange County, Long Beach, LA, I'm telling you women are a different breed out here. When I lived in Chicago the girls were way different, not as outgoing.

No they're not.
Old 05-21-13, 08:21 AM
RIP

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Sounds like you got the romantic angle covered.

Was she Shakin'? Snappin' her fingers? Was she up and down and round and round?
She was. And after I was done, she said, "think I'm in love."
Old 05-22-13, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, I really had forgotten how many fatties you had to sift through before you saw some decent chicks on OKC. Match's standards are way more exacting, but I guess that's what you get when you're part of a free service.
Old 05-22-13, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Wow, I really had forgotten how many fatties you had to sift through before you saw some decent chicks on OKC. Match's standards are way more exacting, but I guess that's what you get when you're part of a free service.
Complete opposite here. The majority of my matches from the L.A. and OC areas are typically great-looking entertainment industry-types.
Old 05-22-13, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TimeandTide View Post
Complete opposite here. The majority of my matches from the L.A. and OC areas are typically great-looking entertainment industry-types.
Have you upgraded your account? I don't see any options to fix up my current match ups unless I upgrade the account. You were talking about OK Cupid, right? Match is different altogether.
Old 05-22-13, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Graftenberg View Post
I have never had a woman could up to talk to me, and certainly never had one give me her phone number.
I have had it happen quite a few times. Back in January i had a girl hitting on me at a bar i was having a quiet drink in. Her boyfriend was sat a little distance away and looked pretty pissed off that she was talking to me. Last year whilst back in England i was out with friends and we got chatting to a group of girls. There was a really hot girl in the group and one of my friends was trying hard to hit on her all night. The only thing i said to her the entire night was my name. End of the night as we are all leaving she palmed me her phone number. Palmed me a few more things for a while after that. ;0)

As for dating sites, i have used them before and met some really hot girls. Met a few that went no where. I just got engaged this past weekend and i met that girl online. So i for one think its a good way to meet someone.
Old 05-22-13, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Have you upgraded your account? I don't see any options to fix up my current match ups unless I upgrade the account. You were talking about OK Cupid, right? Match is different altogether.
Yes, OKC, and no upgrade.

But I did get this email awhile ago (I've been on the site for about two years):

We are very pleased to report that you are in the top half of OkCupid's most attractive users. The scales recently tipped in your favor, and we thought you'd like to know...

Your new elite status comes with one important privilege:

You will now see more attractive people in your match results.

This new status won't affect your actual match percentages, which are still based purely on your answers and desired match's answers. But the people we recommend will be more attractive. Also! You'll be shown to more attractive people in their match results.
There's an article on huffingtonpost.com entitled "OKCupid Hides Good-Looking People From Less Attractive Users" about OKC's match-making algorithms. Also includes the message I posted above.

It's probably partly (mostly?) bullshit, but my searches do mostly turn up educated, well-traveled, professional (if not ad agency, movie or TV-types, then lawyers and non-profit heads), and good looking women. (I'm currently chatting up a trail lawyer from Redondo Beach; one of my most recent third dates was with a woman who had a Bravo camera crew in her house for a year; another works for Fox Sports; another produced some segments for this year's Oscars; etc.)

No such filter on POF, the absolute worst of the bunch. (So much so that the site's creator sent out a mass message recently promising to crack down on people just using the site for sex.) Definitely the place to go for insecure, just-divorced women willing to put out on a first or second date.
Old 05-22-13, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But I did get this email awhile ago (I've been on the site for about two years):

There's an article on huffingtonpost.com entitled "OKCupid Hides Good-Looking People From Less Attractive Users" about OKC's match-making algorithms. Also includes the message I posted above.

It's probably partly (mostly?) bullshit, but my searches do mostly turn up educated, well-traveled, professional (if not ad agency, movie or TV-types, then lawyers and non-profit heads), and good looking women. (I'm currently chatting up a trail lawyer from Redondo Beach; one of my most recent third dates was with a woman who had a Bravo camera crew in her house for a year; another works for Fox Sports; another produced some segments for this year's Oscars; etc.)

No such filter on POF, the absolute worst of the bunch. (So much so that the site's creator sent out a mass message recently promising to crack down on people just using the site for sex.) Definitely the place to go for insecure, just-divorced women willing to put out on a first or second date.

Ha, no, I never got that email. I have to "work" for my dinner.
I can go in a round about way through that and find actual hot chicks, but it's tedious as all hell. I was just wondering if there was a new way in the set-up or profile options - maybe I had missed something.

I stopped using POF a while ago. What a train wreck of a site. Then again, I'm all about just-divorced women willing to put out on the first or second date. hahaha

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 05-22-13 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-22-13, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 123 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm no prude. But you guys are sluts.
Old 05-23-13, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You're a prude.
Old 05-23-13, 04:26 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geezus H. Christ, this thread was exactly what I needed! Some funny stuff in here.
Old 05-23-13, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You said Christ. That opens the door for six pages of jagoffs wanting to know if Jesus would approve of OKCupid.
Old 05-23-13, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

None of those women you are being matched to sound like they would let you pee in their butts.

Find a new site.
Old 05-23-13, 10:14 AM
RIP

So basically OKCupid provides easier access to pussy than most other sites.

And the problem is?
Old 05-23-13, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by EddieMoney View Post
So basically OKCupid provides easier access to pussy than most other sites.

And the problem is?
They'll match you up with pigs unless you're ridiculously good looking or sift through all the dregs.
Old 05-23-13, 10:54 AM
RIP

They'll match you up with pigs unless you're ridiculously good looking or sift through all the dregs.
No shame in hoggin'. Take what you can get.
Old 05-23-13, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by EddieMoney View Post
No shame in hoggin'. Take what you can get.
F-that. I always get better.
Old 05-23-13, 12:24 PM
RIP

F-that. I always get better.
Just saying...a lot of guys aren't too picky. Or discriminate at all.
Old 05-23-13, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jesus, you guys sound like two thirteen year old virgins.
Old 05-23-13, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uoKsZ1EA9iY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-23-13, 12:48 PM
RIP

Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
Jesus, you guys sound like two thirteen year old virgins.
I think even thirteen year old virgins have standards, though. Don't insult them by comparing them to me.
Old 05-23-13, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts

This thread is gold.

But yeah, stop being picky. The holier than thou attitude makes you seem like a huge douche bag.
Old 05-23-13, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

According to Why So Blu, that attitude is what gets him laid.
Old 05-23-13, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts

Or so he says.

But to each his own. I'm married, so thankfully I don't have to worry about that shit anymore.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.