Octomom + One

Old 02-24-10, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts
Octomom + One

Yippee!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100224/...v_octomom_view

'Octomom': Can't rule out another kid in future

NEW YORK Octuplets mother Nadya Suleman says she doesn't plan on having more children unless she gets married someday "far" in the future. She says if that ever happens, she would only have one child.

Widely known as "Octomom," Suleman has six older children. She appeared Wednesday on ABC's daytime talk show "The View," where she has been a frequent topic of debate.

Suleman's octuplets celebrated their first birthday in January.

All of her children were conceived by in vitro fertilization, and she has been criticized for having a huge family as a single mother on public assistance.

She says her children are her priority and she is looking into various opportunities, including writing a book, to support them.

"If someday far, far, far, far in the future, when they're older, if I meet somebody. ... I'm not going to say 100 percent 'no,'" Suleman said when asked if she planned to have more children. "I'm not going to say someday far in the future (I will) get married and want a baby with that person."
Old 02-24-10, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Octomom + One

And?
Old 02-24-10, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
And?
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b168...rss_topstories
Old 02-24-10, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't get it. What's so noteworthy about her saying she'd consider having another kid if she is married a ways down the road?
Old 02-24-10, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
I don't get it. What's so noteworthy about her saying she'd consider having another kid if she is married a ways down the road?
what is noteworthy about 99.9% of octomom stories?
Old 02-24-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What the hell is wrong with this woman? Is she on speed or what?

Watch this video and tell me she has the capacity to raise 14 kids

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.abc.go.com/o/4b22d45005a0bc7f/4b858face7c30edd/4b857bdb408ff813/e6f1076d/-cpid/d8cfaa1febdab60e" id="W4b22d45005a0bc7f4b858face7c30edd" width="426" height="260"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.abc.go.com/o/4b22d45005a0bc7f/4b858face7c30edd/4b857bdb408ff813/e6f1076d/-cpid/d8cfaa1febdab60e" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>
Old 02-24-10, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The more important question is why VinVega decided to close the original thread with 805 posts? There are many theads in the Video Games forum that have anywhere from 1000 to 3000+ posts in those threads.

Sure in the old days of Geoff the quantity of posts affected the forum as a whole, but now it should not.

Now, because of this new thread (which doesn't contain her whole life story, which the original thread did), it has caused Thor Simpson & Lemmy to question why her having another child is a big deal.

It's a big deal because she already has 14 kids, all of them through in vitro (meaning she forced the issue) and because she is not paying 100% to take care of these kids. The taxpayers are.

Chris
Old 02-24-10, 05:30 PM

Older news story to catch everyone up.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...A2926826456516

EGG ON HIS FACE

By TORI RICHARDS in Whittier, Calif., and JEREMY OLSHAN in NY

Last Updated: 6:52 AM, February 11, 2009

Posted: 2:26 AM, February 11, 2009

The shameless California fertility doc who did all the in-vitro procedures on Octomom Nadya Suleman broke his promise to stop treatments after her sixth child, her dad charged yesterday.

The Octomom's Octuplets

Edward Suleman, the grandfather of Nadya's 14 children, including her new octuplets, told The Post that Dr. Michael Kamrava gave him his word he wouldn't do any more.

"The doctor should lose his license," Edward Suleman said. "I begged him not to do this."

In another development, neighbors of the Sulemans said that before the octuplets' birth, Nadya - already using food stamps to feed her first six kids - went to a plastic surgeon for collagen injections.

"I saw her just before she went in and her lips were huge," one neighbor said. "And she also had gotten her nails done."

By the time of her interview with Ann Curry on the "Today" show - which caused many to remark on Suleman's resemblance to Angelina Jolie - the lip swelling had come down considerably, neighbors said.

One injection of collagen can cost as much as $800, about $300 more than the money the single, unemployed mother is receiving each month in food stamps. In the second part of Curry's interview with Suleman, aired on "Dateline" last night, the six older kids were introduced. They range in age from 2-year-old twins to a 7-year-old.

"It's going to be, like, fun because I can play . . . but the house is going to be squishy," 5-year-old Joshua said of his eight new siblings.

Octomom insisted there'll be no more kids. "I'm done . . . done!" she said.

Although she had been supporting herself with disability payments from an injury she sustained in 1999, those funds have since dried up and she said she plans to take out additional student loans to pay bills - "just temporarily."

The children's' granddad also told The Post that "David Solomon" - the name listed on the babies' birth certificates - is not their father. In fact, Nadya made it up, he said.

"She wouldn't put the true name on there because then he [the donor] wouldn't be protected or anonymous," he said. "At some point in the future, if he wants to be a part of the children's lives, I am sure she would let him."

Under California law, the father must sign a form to have his name on the birth certificate. But Edward Suleman contends the document was falsified. The California attorney general said falsifying a birth certificate is a felony punishable by a maximum of three years in jail.

Meanwhile, the granddad is not the only one upset with Kamrava, who was also condemned by fellow fertility doctors for his apparent decision to transfer six embryos into Suleman's uterus, even though guidelines suggest no more than two for women under age 35. Nadya is 33.

"It seems that the guidelines may not have been followed in Ms. Suleman's case," the American Society for Reproductive Medicine said in a statement, promising a probe.

The California Medical Board is already investigating, and fertility doctors said Kamrava - whose clinic has among the worst success rates in the nation - could end up losing his license.

The clinic performed only 62 IVF cycles in 2006. And in women under 35, he succeeded only 10 percent of the time - compared with the national average of 39 percent.

Kamrava transferred an average of 3.5 embryos into women under 35 - far greater than the national average of 2.3.
Chris
Old 02-24-10, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
What the hell is wrong with this woman? Is she on speed or what?
It's probably all those Red Bulls she has to drink to keep her off her back!
Old 02-24-10, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If she goes to prison, who's going to raise the children?
Old 02-24-10, 09:55 PM
Banned

That video did serve as some good entertainment value!

Awful.
Old 02-25-10, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by FiveO View Post
If she goes to prison, who's going to raise the children?
The same people that are doing it now the State of California.
Old 02-26-10, 02:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes. After watching that clip from The View, does she remind anyone else of Janice from Friends?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZLZjrpAh-G4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZLZjrpAh-G4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 03-18-10, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can't say I'm surprised. She must have thought she was going to win the lottery during the year to come up with all that money in one lump sum.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/18/octomo...loon-mortgage/

Octomom Could Lose Her House

Posted Mar 18th 2010 8:19PM by TMZ Staff

Octomom Nadya Suleman and her 14 kids may become homeless ... because she's fallen behind on mortgage payments to the tune of more than $450,000 ... this according to the person who holds the note on the property.

Octomom bought the La Habra, CA house in March, 2009. The seller, Amer Haddadin, transferred title to Octo's dad. In return, Octo and her dad were required to make monthly payments of $4,139 for one year. On March 10, 2010, a balloon payment of $450,000 was due.

A rep for Amer tells TMZ Octo hasn't paid the $450,000. And, he says, she didn't make the last $4,139 payment. He also says, she's been late on three other recent monthly payments. Amer says he "tried to handle this in a gentlemanly way" but unfortunately it's come to this.

Amer's rep says he intends to initiate foreclosure proceedings against Octomom.

We could not reach Octo for comment.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 03-18-10 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-18-10, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's only 450K. I'm sure she could start a begging/'whoa is me' type website...she would have that money in no time!
Old 03-18-10, 10:18 PM

Sad to see this happening to the "Country's Favorite Mother." Maybe Clooney and pals could throw a telethon.
Old 03-19-10, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm sure people are already sending her checks. You've got to protect God's precious little darlings.
Old 03-19-10, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JumpCutz View Post
It's only 450K. I'm sure she could start a begging/'whoa is me' type website...she would have that money in no time!
Although there are definite applications of "whoa" in this situation, from Keanu Reeves to Silver, it would be better if she tried "woe is me."
Old 03-19-10, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 831 Likes on 656 Posts

Who's dumber, octomom for getting the house or Amer for selling it to her with a huge balloon payment and with her having no tangible source of income besides publicity? I originally thought she got the house because she made some really large deposit, but here having no documented income, a huge balloon payment, and living rent free without being foreclosed on pretty much encapsulates everything that is wrong with the real estate market (and yes, I realize it was crashing before she got this house).
Old 03-19-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Who's dumber, octomom for getting the house or Amer for selling it to her with a huge balloon payment and with her having no tangible source of income besides publicity? I originally thought she got the house because she made some really large deposit, but here having no documented income, a huge balloon payment, and living rent free without being foreclosed on pretty much encapsulates everything that is wrong with the real estate market (and yes, I realize it was crashing before she got this house).
I read another article that Octo's dad made a $110,000 downpayment for her. Apparently the house was purchased by him for $565,000 last March. So unless octomom trashes the house Amer will get it back after pocketing the $110K along with the payments that were made during the year. He may come out ahead if the house is in good shape and sells it again. My guess is probably octomom's dad is the one who is going to take the brunt of the lose on this one. This article has more details that the TMZ article left out.

http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2...a-habra/59937/
Old 03-19-10, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

the Amer fella won't be that bad off...4139/mo "rent" is pretty good for a $565k house. the $110k should cover it plus some, i mean, she'd have to really trash it to cause $110k damage.
Old 03-20-10, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, balloon payments can come back and bite people in the ass. I won't ever do a (personal) deal with them. I've seen too many bad things happen with them.
Old 03-20-10, 10:24 AM
gamer for life

she can move in with me...I could put those kids to work polishing the insides of bomb casings
Old 03-25-10, 01:51 AM

And people said Octomom would just leech off the government for the rest of her life. Hah! She done got herself a paying gig.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/loca...-home-20100324

Octomom Accepts PETA Offer To Save Home

La Habra - Octomom Nadya Suleman staved off eviction today by accepting a proposal from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, which offered to help pay her mortgage in exchange for placing an advertisement on her front lawn encouraging people to spay or neuter their pets.

"The PETA organization has offered to help Nadya with a small payment in exchange for allowing PETA to place a sign on Nadya's front lawn, urging owners to neuter their pets. Nadya has accepted," Suleman's attorney Jeffery Czech said in a statement.

Czech said he was still negotiating with attorneys for Amer Haddadin, who sold the La Habra home to Suleman's father, "in an effort to obtain more time to refinance the balloon note."

PETA will pay Suleman $5,000 to place an ad on Suleman's front lawn that will read, "Don't let your dog or cat become an `octomom.' Always spay or neuter. PETA," Czech said.

"PETA hopes to call attention to a very serious problem -- the dog and cat overpopulation crisis," said PETA spokeswoman Amanda Schinke. "Every year, six to eight million animals enter animal shelters, and roughly half of them are euthanized because of a lack of good homes."

Czech blamed the standoff over mortgage payments on a dispute between Suleman's father, Ed Doud, and Haddadin, who sold it to Doud and holds the mortgage.

Doud alleges that the seller failed to disclose "several major defects with the property at the time of sale," Czech said.

Doud claims that when the problems were brought to Haddadin's attention, the mortgage holder demanded $300,000 more for the house title because Suleman is a now a celebrity.

One problem cited was rain water improperly draining toward the house, which led to "one head injury to a child" and water damage to "personal property," Czech said.

Doud "currently owes the seller approximately $450,000, representing the balance of the mortgage," Czech said.

Haddadin told ABC7 last week he sold the two-story home in a La Habra cul-de-sac to Nadya Suleman's father last year for $450,000, and granted a mortgage that allowed Suleman and her kids to live there, interest and payment free, for a year. A balloon payment was due March 10.

PETA's special projects manager, Michelle Cho, sent a letter to Suleman saying, "When you gave birth to octuplets to bring your total number of children to 14, you grabbed headlines and got the world talking about your controversial decision. Now will you help turn some of that attention to another important matter -- the dog and cat overpopulation crisis?"

Cho went on to write, "Unlike humans, dogs and cats cannot decide for themselves how many offspring they will have. Spaying or neutering just one animal can, in the long term, prevent the births of thousands of animals in a world that has far too few good homes to go around."
Old 03-25-10, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 537 Likes on 347 Posts

Win win. Finally PETA helps humans. Go figure...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.