Reload this Page >

I Must Have Some Kind of Dating Curse!

Other Talk "Otterville"

Old 09-11-09, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a single guy who enjoys being single and going out on dates. But latey, I swear that I am cursed or something. It is almost comical. For example:

Nov 2008 - great date with a gal. We planned a hot 2nd date when she suddenly decides her kid just can't cope with mom dating again.

Jan 09 - a female friend from WY wanted to come spend the weekend with me. Plans were made all the way up to booking airline tickets when the lousy economy just devasted her too much financially.

Mar 09 - a girl I dated once in Houston wanted to come visit me. Then apparently she falls in love with a local man and planned a marriage soon after. NEver hear from her anymore.

May 09 - I meet a local lady who wants to show me allthe cool spots around town, but she decides to go back into nursing and gets a work schedule on weekends, my only time off.

July 09 - I met a local gal online who really wanted to meet me. We planned a date the next day, and her father suddenly had a ruptured gallbladder. Never heard back from her since.

And now the latest one. I have a 2nd date planned with a schoolteacher nearby this weekend with high probability of things getting steamy. I just had this feeling something would go wrong even though she tells me there is no way she is missing Saturday.

Then I found out over half of students have come down with swine flu! Now I'm a hypochrondriac so I'll be paranoid on the date especially since they warn against kissing. I'm thinking about calling it off, but maybe I should just say fuck it. We're probably all gonna get this damn bug eventually.
Old 09-11-09, 11:32 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: I Must Have Some Kind of Dating Curse!

Sorry man, I don't know how else to tell you this but all of those excuses offered sound fake.
Old 09-11-09, 11:34 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 329 Likes on 202 Posts

Hey, I'd love to stay and chat in this thread, but my cat just got sick, and well, you know...
Old 09-11-09, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to go and wash my hair, sorry I can't help.
Old 09-11-09, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, you totally do. Time to stop dating.
Old 09-11-09, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn women. If they knew what was good for them they'd all be barefoot and pregnant. Oh, and washing dishes.
Old 09-11-09, 12:02 PM

I wouldn't mind getting the flu if there is a chance that I get laid.
First you have sex, then you have to take days off from work. A win-win situation.
Old 09-11-09, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really can't stick around this thread but just wanted to say it's not because of anything you did or said, it's me. This just isn't a good time for me to be posting.
Old 09-11-09, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbase34 View Post
And now the latest one. I have a 2nd date planned with a schoolteacher nearby this weekend with high probability of things getting steamy. I just had this feeling something would go wrong even though she tells me there is no way she is missing Saturday.

Then I found out over half of students have come down with swine flu! Now I'm a hypochrondriac so I'll be paranoid on the date especially since they warn against kissing. I'm thinking about calling it off, but maybe I should just say fuck it. We're probably all gonna get this damn bug eventually.
Ah yes the old swine flu vs not getting laid connundrum.

+ vs
Old 09-11-09, 12:04 PM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

A lot of people don't like to say "I'm not into you" they like to make excuses and hope that you absorb the message through osmosis.
Old 09-11-09, 12:07 PM
Admin

Received 351 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
A lot of people don't like to say "I'm not into you" they like to make excuses and hope that you absorb the message through osmosis.
Where's the funny part of this post? Someone hacked Groucho's account.
Old 09-11-09, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 158 Likes on 85 Posts

Look for a common thread among things you've said to each of them before the date was canceled. For instance, telling a woman you're really excited to see her because it's been six months since someone sucked your dick will turn most women away.
Old 09-11-09, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

INov 2008 - great date with a gal. We planned a hot 2nd date when she suddenly decides her kid just can't cope with mom dating again.
I fail to see the downside here.
Old 09-11-09, 12:25 PM

Received 957 Likes on 562 Posts

I'd say this is my unasked-for two cents, but by posting here I'm pretty sure you're asking for our thoughts.

Nov 2008 - great date with a gal. We planned a hot 2nd date when she suddenly decides her kid just can't cope with mom dating again.
She's just not that into you.

Jan 09 - a female friend from WY wanted to come spend the weekend with me. Plans were made all the way up to booking airline tickets when the lousy economy just devasted her too much financially.
If you speak with each other about trying to make it happen within the next six months, the economy reason is legitimate. If not, she's just not that into you.

Mar 09 - a girl I dated once in Houston wanted to come visit me. Then apparently she falls in love with a local man and planned a marriage soon after. NEver hear from her anymore.
She was never into you. Ever. Sorry. Plus, and I don't know where you live, if she's telling you she's thinking about traveling far to visit you and you dated once? I'd be scared.

May 09 - I meet a local lady who wants to show me allthe cool spots around town, but she decides to go back into nursing and gets a work schedule on weekends, my only time off.
I highly doubt she's avoiding you on purpose. I hope you're not making this assumption. Try to contact her. If you don't hear from her in a week, she's just not that into you.

July 09 - I met a local gal online who really wanted to meet me. We planned a date the next day, and her father suddenly had a ruptured gallbladder. Never heard back from her since.
Again, I highly doubt she's avoiding you on purpose. I hope you're not making this assumption. Try to contact her. If you don't hear from her in a week, she's just not that into you.

You're just not that into her.
Old 09-11-09, 01:04 PM

I'm pretty sure it's because you use the word "gal".
Old 09-11-09, 01:10 PM

Received 957 Likes on 562 Posts

Hmm, antennaball may be on to something:

Gal
Female Friend
Girl
Local Lady
Local Gal
The Latest One

Who needs the word "woman"?
Old 09-11-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
This.
Old 09-11-09, 01:26 PM

You want to get the swine flu now so that you'll have a natural immunity before it mutates into an H5N1 variant. One base-pair mutation (one bit flipped) is all it will take. So date her with the intent of swapping as many bodily fluids as possible.

(That sound is a hypochondriac's head exploding with indecision.)
Old 09-11-09, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Seriously, do you bathe? It could be your hygiene.
Old 09-11-09, 02:28 PM

Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

I love these dating threads. Please post again when:

The overly possessive and psychotic ex-boyfriend shows up.
The disgruntled and murderous ex-husband resurfaces.
She announces that she is is considering a sex change.
She ponders the possibility that she has been gay all these years and was suppressing her homosexual urges.
She has decided that bestiality is for her.

Until then, don't waste our time with a dating thread that has a run-of-the-mill relationship in it.
Old 09-11-09, 02:55 PM
Banned

Old 09-11-09, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Simple answer: Switch teams.
Old 09-11-09, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 557 Likes on 317 Posts

Hm. It seems the one factor in all your failed relationships is you.

Good luck with the plague lady.
Old 09-11-09, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 586 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Franchot View Post
I love these dating threads. Please post again when:

The overly possessive and psychotic ex-boyfriend shows up.
The disgruntled and murderous ex-husband resurfaces.
She announces that she is is considering a sex change.
She ponders the possibility that she has been gay all these years and was suppressing her homosexual urges.
She has decided that bestiality is for her.

Until then, don't waste our time with a dating thread that has a run-of-the-mill relationship in it.
Or:

That sexy track star you have been dating turns out to be a hermaphrodite.
Old 09-11-09, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 199 Posts

what, you can't go out on a school night?

Did you ever contact her, like, you know, to maybe check on how her dad was and ask her if she wanted to go out? or did you just wait for her to contact you?

U r gay.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.