Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Bank of America won't cash check without thumbprint from man with no arms - FLORIDA!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Bank of America won't cash check without thumbprint from man with no arms - FLORIDA!

Old 09-02-09, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Bank of America won't cash check without thumbprint from man with no arms - FLORI

This is hands down my favorite thread of the night.
Old 09-02-09, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Bank of America won't cash check without thumbprint from man with no arms - FLORI

Originally Posted by Kittydreamer View Post
You people are all going to hell.
Don't pat yourself on your back Some of us are already there.
Old 09-02-09, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll bet he's twice the drummer that Rick Allen will ever be.

Last edited by Nefarious; 09-02-09 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-02-09, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, never heard of banks doing a thumb-print for cashing a check. is that only for certain amounts?

Why can Wal-Mart cash checks so easily but BofA can't?

How long until Chase owns BofA?
Old 09-02-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
What about a toe-print?
...and the WINNER is...

'TomOpus'.

Mods - Please close thread.
Old 09-02-09, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga

What's the big deal about this being from Florida? Do other states not have limbless people who experience difficulties in their lives? I thought the Florida stigma was reserved for the more judgment-impaired Darwinites who seem to infect the state.
Old 09-02-09, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

... in a handbasket?
Old 09-02-09, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post
What's the big deal about this being from Florida? Do other states not have limbless people who experience difficulties in their lives? I thought the Florida stigma was reserved for the more judgment-impaired Darwinites who seem to infect the state.
Maybe not a Big Deal to you, Mr. Infidel, However, I feel safe to say they qualify to Steve!

Harassing a disabled man like that.

Bank of America in Florida = Judgment-Impaired Darwinites

Sounds right to me!

(HEY! There could be a LAWSUIT!!! )

-THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 09-02-09 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-02-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Edit King View Post
(HEY! There could be a LAWSUIT!!! )
-THEEK!
If so... you would think the settlement could reach seven digits.
Old 09-02-09, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I blame Obama for not granting this man his 2nd Amendment rights!
Old 09-02-09, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
Wow, never heard of banks doing a thumb-print for cashing a check. is that only for certain amounts?
No. Banks that use the "Thumb Print Signature" program have to do it for any amount if you are a non customer. The idea is to deter fraud.

And the "rule of thumb" (no pun intended) is that they use their right thumb. If they have no right thumb, they have to use their left thumb. If they have no left thumb, then right index finger. If they have no right index finger....well, you can get the idea fast. And if a teller uses anything other than the right thumb, they have to mark on the check which finger on which hand was used.

And no smearing! If they smear the print, it HAS to be obtained again. No rolling either. People who smeared their thumbprint were childish for the most part and people who rolled it had been picked up by the police before.

And, if they have no hands, then we start going to the toes. If they have no toes, then I don't know!

When this was rolled out back in the 90's, the rules for it were made well known to my bank that started using it. We went through a lot of training. Now it's been around for over ten years and I think at this point they just tell new tellers "right thumb" and don't do proper training on how to handle situations like this.

Why can Wal-Mart cash checks so easily but BofA can't?
Wal-Mart also gets stuck with far more fraudulent checks over BofA and other real banks. Far more.

How long until Chase owns BofA?
That would be like Satan buying the Beast...I don't think I'd want to see that.

Last edited by calhoun07; 09-02-09 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-02-09, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Wal-Mart also gets stuck with far more fraudulent checks over BofA and other real banks. Far more.
I think Wal-Mart has a system where they can instantly detect bad checks. I don't think any other business has that kind of capacity.
Old 09-02-09, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Wal-Mart has a system where they can instantly detect bad checks. I don't think any other business has that kind of capacity.
Then they fail miserably. Or you are wrong. Or they want you to think that. Because I work in the fraud department of a bank...and I would say the good majority of fraud checks we see cashed at places are cashed at Wal-Mart.
Old 09-02-09, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, it was just something one guy told me. I know several people who had their stolen credit card used at wal-mart, so I can believe that they get a lot of bad chekcs, too.
Old 09-02-09, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The man should have direct deposit by now. It's his fault.
Old 09-02-09, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I had never heard of the thumb print rule. Thanks for explaining the rule calhoun. My mom has a friend that is a pharmacist at a Wal-Mart and she said they have had a a few fraudulent check incidents in the past 2 years. A couple of gas stations in my area have stop check cashing due to a lot of fraudulent checks.
Old 09-03-09, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

O O

(His place on Hollywood's Walk of Fame)
Old 09-03-09, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by The Infidel View Post
The bank was the judgment imparied Darwinite in this case. And they are lucky they don't get hit with an ADA lawsuit...which is why they apologized.
Old 09-03-09, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mrs. Danger View Post
... in a handbasket?

Dammit, you stole my line like 3 hours before I thought of it
Old 09-03-09, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Can someone please explain how this guy pees, already?
Old 09-03-09, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh no. I just thought of a question ten times as important. How does he wipe?!?!
Old 09-03-09, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
Can someone please explain how this guy pees, already?
Maybe a really long rubber band? He puts one end into his mouth and the other end...... well you can use your imagination

In all seriousness he can probably just sit down, but then how does he get the pants down and up :O
Old 09-03-09, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah. It's the pants I was concerned about, not the target practice. But now pooping has me more concerned. I don't see how anyone could possibly operate either toilet paper or seashells while armless.
Old 09-03-09, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson View Post
Yeah. It's the pants I was concerned about, not the target practice. But now pooping has me more concerned. I don't see how anyone could possibly operate either toilet paper or seashells while armless.
Foot-pedal bedet?
Old 09-03-09, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So how would he count his cash?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.